Good day ladies and gents,
It’s a great and interesting time to be alive and flying for STK. Every day we heed the clarion call to war- alright, they are pings on discord and it’s actually just a lot of good fleets to go on! If it’s not one of the now famous INIT. Stuka fleets, it’s the next super secret project that all of EVE will come to find out about. That’s where you come in, we are actively looking for more people that fit into our culture at a corporate level.
- Looking for active pilots that play 10+ hours a week.
- Looking for a relaxed, happy go lucky individual that is looking for a fun outlet while not enjoying real life.
- Skill minimum is 15m SP.
- Must be able to fly at least one doctrine ship within 30 days of joining and three within 60 days (Hound, Hyena, Sabre, Kirin, Bifrost/Stork, Sentinel, Jackdaw, Muninn, Retribution, Kikimora, Raven, Loki or Tengu)
- Looking for individuals interested in both PVE and PVP aspects of the game.
- Looking for active rather than passive players. (Jumping into defense fleets, helping roll holes, interested in offensive fleet activity as opposed to solo game play but with coms- see the next item)
- Looking for people that can roll with the punches. If you log off when a fleet comes by daily, this isn’t the place for you. Be ok with losing ships and blowing them up.
- Looking for USTZ pilots primarily, with a secondary desire for EUTZ/late USTZ/early AUTZ folks.
- Looking for people with new dirty or hilarious stories to share in coms. Bonus points if you can top the college chimney story.
- Looking for social types. 10 of us from STK are going to Vegas. We have known each other for years and even the newer people feel that sense of friendship and camaraderie. We are looking for good friends.
I could go into long stories about the glories of STK, but I think that if you are currently reading this… you are already on Reddit and have seen the stories over the last year. So, I will just give a quick personal glimpse of insight before you read further. We have pulled in a total of 4 pilots in the last 3 months (one being someone I met at EVE Vegas and they were really cool). We are not actively seeking to grow for growth sake, but rather to add fun personalities that fit our culture and laid back, adult (sometimes adult humor as well) atmosphere.
The short of it, STK-S is a member of The Initiative, one of the very pointy sticks in the arsenal of the Imperium. There are many different corporations within The Imperium as a whole and INIT is no different. Each corp. with unique personalities and atmosphere, the following information is a bit about us to help make a decision if this might be a place for you.
Testimonial 1: “STK has been a phenomenal corp to come back to EVE with after a 6 year break. They brought my pvp knowledge back up to snuff, helped me reacquaint myself with isk making activities and most importantly are are easy to get along with. Feels like home.”
Testimonial 2: “Before I joined STK, I was a 500lb midget who couldn’t hold a job. After I joined STK I became a famous politiican and got elected to CSM, lost 250 pounds and grew two feet taller, while marrying a hot blonde and making half a million a year doing nothing.”
Testimonial 3: “We’re pretty selective about who we pick up. It’s worked out though, most of whom we recruit tend to stick around for the long haul. There are a lot of personalities in STK from a lot of different walks of life. Even if/when we’re in downtime, BSing with the crew is rarely a dull experience. You can find folks in here that have participated in most rolls in life. There’s everything from auto mechanics to national level politicians. Initiative feels like home to us.”
So, what makes us who we are?
STK: Founded 5-31-2003. A legacy of good and bad times, lots of things dying, and being so space rich we all have monocles and mythical beer fridges under the desk.
- An experienced corporation, that successfully blends the two distinct paths of PVP content and industrial might, stretching back to nearly the very beginning.
- We have participated in every major war in the game to speak of.
- More than our fair share of firsts and seconds.
- We are not a monolithic corporation. We tend to run somewhere between 5 and 15 people online in corporation with a total population of around 30 players. Some are active all of the time, some are in it for the long haul over years – because that is the time of friendship we build.
- Inside and outside of game community, enjoying playing not only EVE but other games together when something fresh and fun comes out to play.
- Community extends to social media, discord, coms, and sometimes text shenanigans.
- Community is part of The Initiative, with all of the opportunities and numbers that involves (50-200 player surge for fleets and communication networks).
Be a part of newly developing trends, fleet comps including the vaunted and feared Snatch Fleet, and come drop the hammer with us.
Burn it with fire!
Molok Bait, Best Bait - Video
DELETE - Video
What are we looking for?
- Someone that is active. That means you are playing 2-3 times a week or more. This is your primary vice.
Someone that will be interested and active in coms and chat.
- Someone that is either knowledgeable about pvp/fleet mechanics or is willing to learn and develop.
- The Initiative possesses some of the absolute best FCs in the game, spread across time zones and corporations, that means that our fleets are successful through attentive pilots that are aware and can think on their feet.
- Someone that can fly doctrine ships or is willing to modify their skill plan for a 30-90 day arrangement to get into fleet doctrine ships.
- Someone willing and eager to go on fleet (both large and small) events.
- Someone that is interested (as interesting as shooting rocks can be!) in being industrious and self-sufficient.
- Crucially important: We want people that can get where to they need to be, with or without help.
- You don’t need to be a space rock shooter, but you should be capable of earning a healthy living in our space without being on a welfare program!
- We use mumble and discord.
- The Initiative is 60 % EUTZ and 40 % USTZ. We have room for both, but we are particularly interested in finding new USTZ pilots.
If you are motivated purely in stat padding your killboard, refusing to take the bad fights with the good, and generally need to tell yourself that blue balling is better that dying- I don’t think we are for you.
Metrics and stats below if you are motivated by killboard whoring.
Disclaimer: When we as an alliance go into all-out war mode often, meaning months of campaigns. This means that prime time hours are fighting and carebearing is for the afterhours (when there aren’t more ships to blow up.
Disclaimer 2: The interview and vetting process will take some time (1-2 week average). Please have patience.
Do yourself a favor, find out if this opportunity is good for you. Real talk time – it might be a great fit and it might not.
Apply here: HERE.
If you are interested in finding out more join our public channel in game STK-S Recruitment Channel and speak with myself (IGN: Sharnhorst von Deathwish), Waking Tea, or Ceema. If you do not see anyone in channel, send me an in game mail – I am home most days around 2000 EVE, if you don’t see someone to talk with, just reach out to me.
In game channel: STK Recruitment (current/new) & STK Scientific (old)