Stratios Insurance

Problem is, people will manipulate the prices of ships and basically have CCP print money for them, bringing in more Isk into EVE.

Itll be a lot easier for T2s since they have things that are actually based on a wider range of mats, but the faction ships are always going to be a problem. The only cost differential is the BPC, which means its easier to manipulate, and I dont think you will like it when you have to pay 400, 500 million for your Stratios, let alone a new player.

Some people are more mentally tough than you I guess.

Don’t do that. Being able to use a covops cloak is the biggest advantage of a stratios. It is a good drone boat, yes, but without the covops cloak it’s an expensive target where much less expensive droneboats could do the same job.

2 Likes

Yup. But it can be done. Weird, eh? You let an alpha fly it, pay for it, but not use its greatest strength?

Nah, not a setup for failure, not at all.

Yeah, its weird. Its almost as if theres a benefit to being Omega!

What a strange world we live in.

Pay to win. Nothing strange about that.

Just come out and say it, though?

That, now, that would be strange, but respectable.

Care to say it?

To summarize:

Insurance isn’t a requirement, nor is it a safety net for doing something wrong, getting yourself killed, and getting the ISK back so you can pretty much go out and make the same mistake again.

Insurance (IMO) is primarily there as a sop to those who would otherwise freak out if they got killed by something and had to start over/replace everything. Basically, it removes just enough of the sting of getting killed that you won’t ragequit.

CCP can’t be fiddling with insurance amounts every couple months as the market changes and ships go up and down in value. Nor can CCP control whether you bought your ship for the lowest price in the best market for it, or paid 2x it’s worth because you wanted it ‘here and nao!’.

CCP set up a plan to calculate insurance values. That plan is based on the mineral cost to create the ship (and iirc it was only the mineral cost at that time), and it mostly works properly for T1 ships, but not for T2 and up, or faction, or navy or whatever. Because the value of those ships is more due to rarity and popularity, not their manufacturing cost.

If you have gone beyond T1 hulls, and are working with better/more expensive ships, it’s assumed that you have learned the ropes, have taken precautions, and have internalized the #1 rule of EVE:
Don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose”.

As a further point, on many ships, the fittings and modules you put on them cost as much or more than the ship - yet these are never covered by insurance.

1 Like

If it were true, sure.

Heres something you may not know. Cloaks dont add damage or resists.

Yay, the mantra!

CCP cannot control bots, ccp cannot code insurance to pay you the mean regional value of your ship and all mods installed at the time of insuring. It’s not hard to code, no harder than figuring up the vairable cost of the minerals, like they already do, but @Kezrai_Charzai says they can’t.

So, they can’t. Too bad, folks. ?

1 Like

I mean, if stratioses were basically free to fly everyone would be flying them all the time, why fly a shitty t1 frigate when you can fly a faction cruiser and risk the same amount?
The way i see it is:
T1: cheap and garbage
Faction: not cheap but useful
T2: not cheap but sorta useful
T3: not cheap and very useful

CCP Can control bots. If they banned every player in the game, voila! Theyve controlled it. But it would be bad for the game.

And in that exact same way, CCP can code insurance to pay out the mean regional value of your ship and all mods installed at the time of insuring. And when they do, people will manipulate the markets for things like officer mods and rare, rarely sold items, to massively inflate their price, then insure said ship and have their alt destroy the ship for a massive payout.

They could do that, but it would be bad for the game.

And for someone like you who doesnt care about the game, i guess its the perfect solution.

How many threads on here disagree with you?

Your inexperience and lack of knowledge of the bigger picture in EVE is showing.

If they did something like this, people would go back to the old insurance scams of finding places/ways to buy and fit ships cheap, fly them to where they are expensive (by manipulated prices, if need be) and blow them up for the insurance payout. The current insurance system was put in, in part, to deal with previous insurance scams.

Just as a tip, if you manage to not ragequit because the game doesn’t cater to your lack of learning ability, and stick around for a few months more, and actually start to make something of yourself… you will look back on your posts of today and cringe.

When you find you are in a hole with no easy way out, you might want to stop digging.

That’s fine. I was pretty clear, in everything I’ve said, what my goal was, and it’s just to plink other ships in sorta fair chances, and get back mostly what I paid, so I can be back up in a day or two instead of a month.

Not hard to understand.

Keep reading.

Despite @Solonius_Rex being a dick on forums all the time, unfortunately he’s frequently right. Every day when i log on i see hundreds of poors whining on forums and they eventually learn that they’re wrong. CCP will not change for you poors, and just because you misread something or didn’t realize the mechanics doesn’t mean that you will get a refund. You should have paid more attention, everything was there for you just not in big red text.

4 Likes

Then, rather than ask to have the base mechanics of the game changed to fit your lack of ability in certain areas, you might re-frame the question and say:

“Hey, I know that T1 ships pay mostly reasonable insurance, and I know that plinking other ships happens all the time in FW, oh, and I know that FW pays out reasonably well for anyone with half a brain… so maybe instead of wailing and gnashing my teeth because someone blew up my bling ship and I lost money, I will instead learn how to do FW with cheap T1 ships and meet my goals at the same time! Wow, how mind blowing that I can actually do that without insulting half the player base, the game design, and everyone who disagrees with me. Gee, I should have thought of this before I started crying on the forums!”

That would be a good way to re-frame the situation, as opposed to crying and asking for abusable exploits to be applied to the entire game to make up for your failings.

2 Likes

The base rules of the game were changed because of exploiters. Insurance payouts, reprocessing returns, etc.

Instead of hitting the real target, a blanket solution was offered. Why? Easier to code.

I’m asking for the base mechanics to be returned to NORMAL, and that CCP do what we pay them to do, handle bots and cheats, WITHOUT harming regular players!

These are the base mechanics, if you don’t like them go find another game. Poors are a dime a dozen. Also CCP hardly checks forums, you’d have much better luck on reddit tbh

I mostly do. I don’t pay for anything, here. I just figured I’d toss in my opinion. But you’re mostly right. I don’t much play here, anymore.

Are you happy about that? Do you think I’m alone?

I don’t really have time to care about you particularly, i’m just stating facts. Eve has a steep learning curve, and if you can’t accept it then you don’t have to. There’s plenty of other games that are much better suited for you, have you tried roblox?

1 Like