Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

And gank catalysts, if they have t2 guns fit, end up pushing significantly more than the 15% more DPS because adding it to the ammo means it’s affected multiplicitively by all the damage mods, skills, etc.

And if you’re in low/null, a lot of the other miner hunting ships have a higher ultimate multiplier on ammo damage, meaning they got a larger ultimate increase in DPS.

It’s gonna hurt.

4 Likes

Not yet. Though they’re working on making it less fun for a lot of people with a hit to one of the most widely used types of modules, which sees a whole lot of it’s use in content which wasn’t the direct target for this balance change.

The increase to DPS means some specific types of PVE players will be cranking open a faucet even wider though.

1 Like

that’s not how it work.

The multiplication is commutative, that means A×B= B×A So when you add 15% to the base damage, that means you multiply it by 1.15, it’s the same as if you add 15% to the total damage, that is you add 15% on the total damage - as long as there are only multiplications.

These resist changes pretty much take some of my more specialized builds and utterly trashcans them. Fits that used to sit happily at 90%+ for relevant resist are getting stomped on hard. Completely screws with EHP/s recovery rate versus incoming damage.

Guristas with their nearly pure kinetic damage is an example of where specialized resists let you get away with some interesting stuff. Losing those resist percentages and taking nearly half again as much damage is gonna suck.

3 Likes

If you look at a Monthly Economic Report you’ll notice that production is obesely in excess of destruction. Were all a bunch of hoarders and have plenty of ships that should just DIAF. I think these changes will help.

1 Like

Brawlers also rely on killing their target quickly after getting in scram range before the blob arrives and this increase in dps and less tank on your enemy makes it a lot better in that regard.

@CCP Great changes I hope this turns Eve into the blood bath it was born to be.

2 Likes

PVP is fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytkNo0o7aRQ
PVE will be a little harder, only one side gets the nerf.

1 Like

@CCP_Dopamine - Were the various hauling ships, especially DST, considered when making the resistance changes? Seems these ships will be hit especially hard if their role bonuses are not adjusted somewhat. These ships cannot really fire back and rely on defenses to escape an attack.

2 Likes

It’s not THAT much ! my occator loses only 18% of its explosive armor EHP ! That’s a total reduction of 15k EHP from the total 115k. Yeah it’s total -13% EHP (including shield and hull) but remember, people told you here it will only be -4 to -6% total EHP, so I MUST have made my math bad.

Yes a lot of problems will occur especially for players using T1 indys to haul goods, this nerf is designed to blow more ships up especially for newer players.

Vote with your wallet unsub your omega account and write to Pearl Abyss how CCP is dragging their investment through the ground!

4 Likes

And lockdown without Eve. What a nice idea …

Correct because all stats are compounding.

You do understand the whole thing falls apart right when players stop plexing their accounts?
1., If everyone was to stop plexing and just paid for subs, Plex becomes redundant (there is no use for it, so why would people buy it from CCP?)
2… CCP nerfing income will hurt their bottom line in time, paying for game time with plex earns CCP more money than paying for a subscription with money.
3… Such drastic changes as we’ve seen recently will lead to CCP losing revenue as those who normally plex alts begin to let those no longer useful unsub. Mining alts; for those who had mining alts that were plexed each month are left to go inactive, not only are there less characters in the game to hunt but CCP has another 500 plex per alt sitting on the ingame market that no-one wants - So players end up buying less plex off CCP as it falls in isk value.

3 Likes

Sad most people again dont realize what CCP is trying to do here. With them basically trying to remove trit from the game atm, changes like this are encouraging people to go out and shoot anyone in the face knowing replacing those ships are going to be harder and more expensive. They are trying to dwindle down stockpiles of ships and trit in people hangers so they can maybe they’ll do another re balance on mins in a few months.

Im quite surprised by these changes…but proves there must be alot of ships and trit stockpiles laying around. A buff to ganking, nerfing logi and a nerf to most PVE content to seems pretty clear to me what they trying to achieve here.

If you like shooting people and have plenty of resource behind and dont care losing ships, this the best time to play eve, however if you abit more passive, conservative on your resources, and cant really afford to replace ships esp if your playing style is around mining and PVE, maybe a good time to have a break of the game should these changes come to fruition.

4 Likes

So to make it harder to use capital ships and re-balance the game every ship in the game that uses the same mods is going to be harder to use.

How does that sort out the problem with capitals? Because the way I see it they will still have superiority over sub capitals as before and this new change does nothing to lessen the gap between them.

Why not just increase the stacking penalty on capital ships using these mods or give them lower base resists to start with?

4 Likes

Well I’m not as good as math and stuff as most of you. My personal situation is this, my Bustard which gets the vast majority of it defenses from shield RESISTANCES, is getting a huge nerf. Meanwhile they aren’t touching the ships that are used to kill DSTs. It seems like once again CCP is pampering gankers. Making it easier and more cost efficient to kill haulers who CAN NOT SHOOT BACK!

Reading the info it seems their goal is indeed to increase ship losses. Does CCP think that haulers need a more difficult life? Are haulers killing to many poor, put upon gankers?!?!? A cursory glance of my kill mails shows that I have yet to kill a ganker in my DST, yet they have killed me numerous times. So because that is so unfair, lets nerf DSTs so they are even easier / more cost efficient to kill??? If you are going to nerf defense, nerf attacks too. Or give defenders some other option to survive.

Either CCP wants haulers to lose ships, or they have failed to consider all the implications of such a widespread nerf. Either way I am seriously considering shuttering my hauling business. No one will care or even notice likely, but I’ve been a good customer for CCP for a long time, and their consistent coddling of gankers, and my (in game) enemies is wearing very very VERY thin.

4 Likes

Just because you don’t understand how resistances and damage play off each other doesn’t mean you should go around attacking other players.

The difference between 90% resist and 72% resist nearly triples the incoming damage. So for example if you had 10k HP with 90% resist all coming from mods you have 100K EHP. With 72% resist you have 35.7k EHP. Obviously that is an extreme example but it is what we are talking about. The problem gets much worse for active tank shipped designed around tanking a specific amount of damage.

3 Likes

It does decrease the margin of superiority both because the better resist modules commonly fit took a larger absolute hit from the same relative hit, and because resists are a multiplier effect on raw HP, which ends up with an asymptotic progression as it approaches 100%

An 80% omni resist profile is effectively a 5x multiplier on raw HP, and wasn’t hard to achieve that. This one is still doable.
A 90% omni resist profile is a 10x multiplier, and is what really got kicked in the teeth.

1 Like

I am not happy about this ■■■■.

3 Likes

A lot of players are discussing EHP, yes, the reduction on EHP is much less than 20%, considering it takes shields, armor, and structure into account and DC is unchanged.
But all activities that are based on tanking for a long time, like all PVE and logistics, the 20% nerf is huge. For T2 modules with 55% resistance, the nerf would reduce your ability to tank that damage by 20%. If you use two, then you lose 32%. If you use type-X modules, you lose 26% for one and 41% for two. Suppose you can tank 500 DPS from npc in a lv4 mission, after the patch you can tank 300~400 only.
The case for INV and adaptive modules are not that bad, but still you lose 8% for one and 14% for two if the module provides 30% resistance, and more if you use faction or dead-space modules.
I admit there are a lot of fits that I don’t know, but given my own experience, if I use three resistance modules, say 2 EM and 1 Thermal, I would lose around 30% of my tank power, and more if the fits utilized deadspace module, or 1 EM and 2 INV, still I lose around 20%. Think about all the community fits, all fits that we experimented in burner, DEDs, incursion and invasions, either you need more logistics, or switch for better modules. However even the type-X after nerf cannot match an original T2 (64%*0.8=51.2%<55%).

CCP you designed all these PVE, and now you will sentence them to death. What a way to ruin the game.

PS, personally, I dislike suicide gankers like CODE. Their risk is low and penalty is next to nothing. This patch will make them harder to deal with. I’m not saying they should be banned, however the suicide gank seems too easy and it is not something to brag about to gank a new player’s retriever. The insurance money should come from their account rather than system.

6 Likes