Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

Really? Most of the time, suicide gankers lose their ships in the attempt.

I guess what I was thinking it’s their risk of not blowing their victim up is low, at least comparing to low-sec pvp.

@CCP_Dopamine read this please!

5 Likes

Primary risk is loot fairy saying no, meaning an unprofitable gank. Terrible shame, that’d be.

1 Like

I keep seeing people type that Eve is a PvP game. Call of Duty (not the campaign), Counter-Strike, are PvP games. Eve is a sandbox which blends both PvP and PvE elements. You would not have the PvP (ships, modules, etc.) without the “crabs” and the “care bears”. People seem to forget that these things all require the activity they say they are against.

If these resist changes go through and I have no reason to think they won’t, it will cripple PvE even more than it already is. Not everyone is interested in large scale PvP, or PvP at all. I understand PvP is always around me and learning to avoid it is a form of PvP in and of itself. But continually beating the dead horse that is PvE is absolutely insane to me when CCP wants to attract new players. New players don’t automatically come to this game to PvP.

12 Likes

Amen. Back to Wow and playstation 3 ccp ratatti.

4 Likes

So, CCP has made it harder to get the minerals needed to build ships and now they’re making it easier for those ships to be destroyed. Seriously?! Taking away 20% protection and boosting T2 ammo damage. In effect, CCP is encouraging the low life gankers of EVE to step up their attacks on miners and new bros by making it easier to kill them and giving them a better chance of escaping Concord. Way to go CCP! I really do hope you enjoy watching your subscriber base die. You will have been responsible for driving those who drive the economy, with the products they make, out of the game. There won’t be hardly anybody left to build those fancy ships/mods/rigs, that you so love to see get blown up, if this kind of biased stupidity continues. If I can’t mine in peace and I lose a 300M ISK ship, every time I go out to mine, I will be one of those taking my hard-earned cash and giving you the middle finger as I walk out the door. I didn’t come back to EVE to have my time wasted and my enjoyment of the game stolen from me. I’m not impressed!

12 Likes

It would appear you don’t understand how suicide ganks work. I recommend looking into that and then revisit your argument.

3 Likes

ok I’ll help him a bit, No suicide gankers can not escape CONCORD. They will 100% lose the XXX number of ships needed to perform a gank. With this nerf though that XXX number will not have to be as high, thereby making it cheaper and therefore easier to gank.

4 Likes

Give me your stuff then if you are leaving. If not leaving then stop acting spoiled and adapt to change.

1 Like

Dear @CCP_Dopamine.
I am an high sec player. I mine asteroids, manufacture, kill NPC. Why I am your worst enemy?

In the last events you tell other players to destroy my ships and you give them Skill points as a reward. You lure me into Fraction Warefare so I became an enemy of other Empires and break my trading routs or simply, in my Tech I low skills Frigate, get annihilated by gankers. You tell me to scan eggs, fight for survival and in the end watch how more experienced player steal the loot in front of my eyes. On top of that, you call it real life economy.

In coming update you will lower my defensive skills and increase offensive skills of my abusers. My mining barge will be able to be ganked with cheaper/less ships. My Sigils and Bestowers will be easier to be destroyed with my cargo. You will give me a kill right though! Great, I will be able to kill them with my Sigil by jumping into middle of the gankers and, luckily, I will not have to worry about the police. By the way. Let me clarify how I see ganks. You allow players to attack my house (ship). They break into it destroying walls, roof, literally entire house worth thousands, but you fine them with a small percent of the destruction they made (destroying their cheap gank ships). In the same time, you let everyone to steal everything what was left from my house (loot dropped ship cargo) ignoring them completely. You call it simulation of real life economy.

You have nerfed mining making it more difficult for me to earn ISK. Now you make me easier target. Why you want to destroy my game play style? Where in your opinion it is going to lead?

In my opinion it will lead to an significant reduce in my ISK profit by making mining and manufacturing in high sec more difficult. It will also reduce amount of players like me. Other will need to reduce the cost of their ships to be less attractive for gankers. Minnig barges will be changed to Ventures what will lower priority of the higher efficiency of mining and, In the end, it will increase the prices on the market what will negatively impact all players. Well, not all of them. The ones who will not be that affected are low and null sec corporations. They can defend themselves from gankers, whatch gates and mine in peace. They will be able to keep high efficiency and provide to the market cheaper products. It also mean that new paths for new players will be to either join low sec corpo asap (how many new players which do not have alt acc do it in the first month?) or grind more. Or, buy PLEX. Fly, explode ship, by PLEX. It may sound bad, but no worry! You will call it real life economy.

In the end it will turn against you. You are in infinite game business. People stop playing such games when they are out of resources or lose the will of playing - it is not different to game theory in business. You know what create the will to play? It is selling first manufactured 10 Adaptive Nanoplating tech I. for 13 000 ISK total. It is killing True Sansha and get drop which is worth more than everything you earned in last few weeks. It is to mine asteroid, sell the the veldspar, repeat few times and buy your first Tech II module. You would say I am wrong? I might be. Tell me than, what are the first activities in the game of your new players without alt acc? Jumping into low sec and forming Tech II fleets? Ganking?

You are going to make all the activities which bring joy new players to be more risky. They will lose ships easier, they will need to put more resources and face more fails. That is perfectly against the motivation of players in infinite game and against you as you should encourage players to play as long as possible as recurring revenue is, considering time consuming learning skills, your main business opprouch.

On top of that you will make corporations more powerful in comparison to players like me and while many games are giving me more and more possibilities to build and create in the mmo worlds my own houses, castle and structure,s you make them easier to be destroyed. Yes I know. I can buy PLEX and call it real life economy.

You have a nice product but for some reason you make a strange decisions. You path towards “more value destroyed” although might force some players to buy more PLEX will not increase the amount of new players. In current situation, with so many people closed in their houses, you should focus on making life easier for new players and to convince them to buy a subscription. Meanwhile you empower experienced PvP players, gankers and corporations which are your old customers and make life difficult for the new ones who are most often victims of all previously mentioned.

Kind regards
Pinneman Karakgar
Miner, Manufacturer, NPC killer
Worst CCP Enemy

19 Likes

I’m a PvE miner and mission runner, and every single thing I do in eve just got nerfed for absolutely no reason. Why should I keep giving you guys money?

11 Likes

Anyone looking at the changes to resistances var EHP are forgetting EHP is the total of all resistance and hp from all three layers of protection.

If you shield tank or armour tank you need to look at those individual areas. Its like throwing an DC on and saying look at that huge EHP boost, but you only add a few % to shield.

Remember you normally get attacked in one to two damage types.

So if your resistance drops 9% on EM, that’s an extra 9% of the attackers damage you’re taking.

Eg.
70% resistance in EM mean you take only 30% of an attackers EM damage.
So an alpha strike on 1000EM works out to be 300EM damage.

After 20% reduction giving say a 9% lose to resistance.
That same alpha strike now does 390EM damage

Remember this is just an example, real figures will be much worse.

1 Like

Whatever not worth my time.

“They’re supporting a developer who is making difficult but very much needed changes to the game’s ecosystem, they must be getting paid!!” -EVE Official Forum Morons, 2020

1 Like

WTB a response from @CCP_Dopamine - It’s literally your job to engage with us, not ignore us. We only pay your bills at the end of the day. You can clearly see the vast majority of YOUR community are furious about these upcoming changes.

“EVE Online is a community-driven spaceship MMO where players can play free, choosing their own path from countless options. Experience space exploration, immense PvP and PvE battles, mining, industry and a thriving player economy in an ever-expanding sandbox.” - Lies, absolute lies.

13 Likes

They literally just posted an update thread. Come on now.

Link please? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes, everyone give money to absolute prick… I am pretty sure everyone will rather have their stuff just fade away with game in the end.

2 Likes