Dev blog: Balance Update With EVE Online: Lifeblood

Brand new details about the recently announced team focus on ships and modules!

The team is already working on some specific changes coming this October in the EVE Online: Lifeblood expansion on October 24.

In this blog we present balance changes for Tech I Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers. For all the details, please read the dev blog!

19 Likes

One question… The arbi is tough for alpha clones as it has such a mixed fit. Yet amarr alpha’s can’t use missiles. Will the arbi see another change to balance for alphas?

11 Likes

Thanks for a well organized and informative blog; like that you explained your reasoning. How about nudging your other teams leaders and encourage them to post a new update? Even a small blog would be appreciated!

3 Likes

Thank you for nerfing gallente.

Glory to the State!

7 Likes

Thanks for the update.

Something I was hoping to get off before all the balance. Would it be possible to get a ship in each faction per frigate, cruiser and battleship group?

At least one is turret based.
At least one is missile based
At lease one is drone based.

This would also need tweaks for alpha players.
On their ships. No rush on this. I just don’t think the weapon system spread is what it should be.

5 Likes

Corax. Why bother when jackdaw exists?

3 Likes

Arbie missile and stabber rof buffs are a nice touch. Glad to see the vexor/tristan nerf.

2 Likes

I think i remember fozzie mentioning doing module tieracide for all remaining weapons during fanfest. Any closer to that?

4 Likes

bellicose
+75 pg
+40 cpu
+75 pg
+15 cpu

???

1 Like

Had the same question.

1 Like

That seems like an oversight, I’ll talk to CCP about it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

JD costs 6x the ISK and can’t be flown by Alphas.

6 Likes

oh seems they mixed bellicose changes with omen changes
this devblog looks kinda drunk posty lol

3 Likes

Great to see more small, iterative balance updates - this is something the CSM has continually asked for, and it’s directed at the people who need it the most, newer & alpha players. Would have liked to see some more PvE options added to the Minmi lineup as they’re sorely lacking ATM, but this goes a long way to getting us down that road.

8 Likes

I didn’t see it was for alphas.

2 Likes

I do not think it is an oversight.
Nobody said alphas must be able to use race’s secondary or thertiary weapon system.

1 Like

Cool.

1 Like

autocannon dps is still junk, destroyer speed and durability in the presence of cruisers is still 0, bellicose is still missing a slot. drone kiting is still given no specific attention, and making all drone ships really fat for no reason isn’t very fun. stabber change, the reason its dps is junk is mostly because autocannons are junk.

5 Likes

(How) Do these changes affect the faction versions (e.g. VNI)?

2 Likes