Dev blog: Balance Update With EVE Online: Lifeblood

They don’t

4 Likes

Aaaand now I see that at the end there… blush… reading at work :wink:

"Like the Tristan, the Vexor is extremely popular due to its versatility…"
What…players like it? Well, we can’t have that now. *BRING FORTH THE NERF BAT
Glad I’m not a gallente alpha.

9 Likes

LOL, you think? :stuck_out_tongue: They already nerfed drone damage awhile ago. Kinda sad to see these ships get smacked again.

But it’s great to see some love for the Rifter. As a casual PVPer, I’ve probably used the Rifter once or twice.

4 Likes

Good changes however I had hoped it would have been more extensive. Atleast address the horrible speed of destroyers and possibly also their short lockrange. And yeah, Medium Autocannons could use some help.

5 Likes

Personally, I’ve rather see the rifter keep the high slot, lose the launcher hard points and gain a turret hard point.

I wouldn’t change the PG or CPU, and I would leave the slot layout in changed. The model should already support this as currently you can fit 3 turrets and a launcher.

This would make each race have a high DPS fit. (Kestrel with 4 rockets, punished with 4 turrets, Tristan with 2 blasters and drones, and the new rifter) which would be a nice balance.

And for those complaining about ACs, you aren’t using then properly. ACs live and die in falloff range. They still hit well where as most other short range weapons do not. A rifter should be fighting at 6500-7500 m range, just holding am enemy at the edge of scram range where the enemy weapons do little damage while your ACs enjoy their falloff.

6 Likes

you should only be at 7km against blaster ships

2 Likes

Solid changes CCP, hopefully we’ll see some more ships undocked that aren’t flown quite so often.

Maybe the T1 Amarr cruisers will see more use than just the maller.

1 Like

I love all the changes, I would like to see the rifter lose a bit of PG and gain a bit of CPu with this change, the CPU is a lot more important for a lowslot

3 Likes

OMG does this mean i can FINALLY remove that Ancillary currant router from all my Omen fits XD

Also love the Arbitrator love and feel the push for it to use missiles as its secondary weapon system is great and would actually like to see it maybe go a bit further.

2 Likes

Excellent changes. New, non-Gallente alphas will have better options as a result of this pass. And these changes reinforce differences between ships within each race, so that will clarify things for them.

However, those same new players still face a confusing mess in meta modules. CCP Larrikin commented at FanFest that weapon tiericide might happen this summer, and that this would nearly complete the years-long tiericide project. So far, tiericide has been a great success–it has made the usage and stats of meta modules much clearer, especially for new players. Tiericide of small and medium weapons could have a major, positive impact on understanding fitting choices for alphas.

At the end of the devblog, Team Size Matters lists some potential future rebalance targets. I was sad to see that CCP Larrikin’s proposed weapons tiericide didn’t make the list. Please complete module tiericide! Tiericide has been a success, let’s keep that effort moving!

5 Likes

This is soooo sad it takes your crack balance team months and years to update ships amd when you do it is for meaningless joke amounts.

Speed Changes for Corax/Tristan, All V Skills, Meta MWDs. No Modules that would penalize or boost speed.

MWDnow  MWDNew AlignNow AlignNew

Corax 1453m/s 1530m/s(+77 m/s) 4.8s 4.42s
Tristan 2954m/s 2808m/s(-146m/s) 3.08s 3.36s

WOW +77 M/S BUFF

WOW -146M/S NERF

Lol what a joke.

Months and months of “work” from some crackpot “balance team” that amounts to

opens beer, hey dude that Tristan has been OP for years, should we nerf it?

probably dude, how bout we nerf its speed!

brilliant!

-146m/s nerf

Lol@ccp yet again

5 Likes

We did get +50 shield tho! :rofl:

2 Likes

Really wish you guys would consider removing the dreadfull targetpainter bonus on the Bellicose and replacing it with a Web bonus, doesnt need to be a big one, but web range of 20ish would be great.
Rest of the changes looks good.

1 Like

Really optimistic about this style of balancing being applied to Eve. CCP, don’t let the haters dissuade you from trying to make more small, consistent balance changes. Even if they don’t “fix” the issue on the first pass, they are still an improvement. If they aren’t an improvement just add a change in the next balance cycle to address it.

4 Likes

The Corax is a T1 Destroyer and as such, the Hull is 1/50th of the price of a Jackdaw, and can be flown by alphas with less skill investment.

6 Likes

May I offer you a trade for the Flycatcher?

I am trading one high slot for another low slot, sound good?

And about the Arbitrator, it is what I said in the other forums more than a year ago, thanks for listening. I can’t wait for you to get to assault frigates, they really need it.

Pirate ships are fine as they are. Please look at command ships. No not the minmatar ones. The Nighthawk cough (worst command ship ever) cough.

The Absolution needs needs (proper) more range for them lazors. Astarte and Eos looking okay so far. minmatar are still op. And my dear Vulture while sporting nice guns, there is no tank to support what the sleipnir can do all day long.

I see a little more potential for them interdictor destroyers other than making soap bubbles all day if they did have to use 100 cpu for them bubbles to come along.

Can that bubble thrower cpu requirement be lowered to 75 cpu instead? That would be awesome.

I like that you didn’t forget the Omen doesn’t just look cool and it actually a ship that one want to fly a win sometime.

2 Likes

The Tristan is indeed a monster. So much so that mission versions of the NPCs can fit Heavy Missile launchers to it. :smile:

15 Likes

I think for the future Battlecruiser rebalancing, damage options need to be addressed for Command Battlecruisers. When going straight up Command, it leaves little room for viable DPS to come from turrets or launchers. The problem with this is that the Eos is a Drone boat and therefore gains an insane advantage on adding DPS (around 600-700) to the field while, for example, the Absolution has no options because it’s lucky to get like 200 DPS from the 2 or 3 turrets it can fit.

2 Likes

Okay, seriously who is constantly drunk in the dev team?

9 Likes