Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

Greetings,

We have just released a devblog outlining upcoming balance changes to Capital survivability, resistance modules, and much more! Please use this thread to discuss the update with other pilots.

Please keep in mind that the update will land on Wednesday, 15 April.

24 Likes

:partying_face:

5 Likes

“The hope is to see bloodier fights”

That’s all you needed to say.

There will be blood. Woo! :drop_of_blood:

3 Likes

Hi CCP
@CCP_Dopamine can you clarify, is that reduction in resistances applying to both sub caps & capitals, or just capitals.

10 Likes

The biggest change coming in this update is a 20% reduction in the power of all modules that increase shield or armor resistances.

Oh damn! :astonished:

2 Likes

didnt we had a consense if you change stats you PUT ALSO THE OLD NUMBERS IN THE DEVBLOGS???

22 Likes

soo basecally you are nerfing a lot of ship, but not doing anything to the covert ops cloak??

its gonna be f1 boring alpha fleets now…way to go ccp…you ruined single and small gang warfare and just made f1 fleets very stronger…ffs

30 Likes

YEAHHH BOIIIIIIIIZ

my only concern is that the EHP nerf will be a roundabout nerf to brawl ships since you have less time to slingshot/catch anything that’s kiting you at range. Also titans should still be immune to fax reps, so dreads become the major player in setpiece fights and we can actually have setpiece fights again because it won’t all be “oh no we can’t possibly risk our precious titan fleet, if we lose it the alliance dies”.

5 Likes

Regarding this, i was thinking, could we buff the overheat bonus of prop mods to help brawlers?

6 Likes

So another ganking buff? Gotcha.

53 Likes

@CCP_Rise

1 Like

PVE activities look to have been entirely disregarded in this update. Missions, combat sites, incursions, invasions… All have effectively been nerfed to a very large degree. If you want to reduce EHP for PVP, reduce the raw HP. If you want to reduce the effectiveness of logistics in PVP, nerf dedicated logistics ship bonuses or fitting space. No reason has been given why both solo and fleet-based PVE activities in any security space should be nerfed as a side-effect of nerfing PVP survivability, so this seems to me an unintended effect. Please consider rebalancing the various types of PVE content to compensate.

81 Likes

Here, have some water to at least wash away that salt.
This will do basically nothing to ganking, since most ships ganking is aimed at aren’t fitting significant amounts of resist modules.

11 Likes

As someone who likes to brawl, the buff to short range ammo and the Deimos is great.

Scan res bonus for Battleships is also great.

Nice set of changes.

11 Likes

You mean aside from the fact we’ve become too good at it and the economy has suffered…

15 Likes

There’s no salt mate, I’m just pointing it out as it is. And it’s not just resist modules, T2 short range ammo is being buffed too.

Ganking is already the easiest form of PvP with the lowest risk and lowest barriers to entry, and it’s getting yet another double buff.

15 Likes

Drink everyone!

17 Likes

You do realise EVE is a PVP game.

5 Likes

It’s also a PVE game. Full time PVP game, but there is plenty of PVE that is needed too.

I don’t think these changes will hurt PVE, but someone needs to whinge.

14 Likes

The 20% reduction applies to all shield and resistance modules in the game, not only capitals.

19 Likes