Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

Well, this out to result in a lot of tears from players who don’t read the dev blogs. lol

3 Likes

So… to take advantage of this buff, they have to use T2 fitted gank ships which are significantly more expensive…
Ok.

its even worse than those mineral updates

9 Likes

20% reduction in resists matters a lot too. Not just the ammo buff.

8 Likes

Looks like also T5 abyss will be a no go.

22 Likes

Nerfing capital tanks… by taking 20% off all active and passive armor and shield resist mods for subcaps, eh? hm. Something literally doesn’t add up here.

Why not just make this a cap change only.

16 Likes

I think because of this:

…The hope is to see bloodier fights, less stalemates, and a huge cross-sectional shift in the fitting meta…

5 Likes

“As a first step in this direction, there will be an increase to the damage of all close range Tech II ammo by 15%. This means Conflagration, Hail, Rage, and of course Void will all be packing an extra punch.”

@CCP_Dopamine Is Occult not on the list by mistake or by choice?

5 Likes

when is the nerf to ONI’s comming?

2 Likes

Whatever happened to not doing any game updates until Australia comes online? I guess that was just another lie. Thanks CCP. You are really building trust this way.

5 Likes

Yeah, not only do you lose the resists, but you get even more of a penalty because of the weather effects. They were hard enough as is, but now… No ■■■■■■■ way,

9 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but compared to sub caps, capitals tend to fit more resist mods and more powerful resist mods, so will feel this change much more than sub caps.

4 Likes

Passive gila and rattlesnake nerfed hard…

17 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine
Could you clarify, does T1 battleships include pirate and navy faction battleships or is it only the base hulls?

1 Like

That’s why it’s a hope I guess.

Lots of us actually login and play the game though and are happy to fight. So good changes in my view.

6 Likes

Unlike with lasers, hybrids, projectiles, and missiles, there’s no trig close range / long range gun split, so they might not be buffing Occult.

Yeah, but… the “here is excitement here about this approach because not only does it lower Capital survivability” part of the devblog seems to suggest they’re mostly looking at hitting capital survivability here… and yet… they will be doing way more than just that.

They’ll be hitting all survivability. In PVE as well as PVP (where at least both sides get the same changes), as well, unless they’re planning on nerfing all sansha incursion, trig invasion, sleeper and drifter EHP and DPS as well along with this change to player ships. Then I suppose it’ll be fine.

Like the tech 2 short-range high damage ammo buff, though, don’t get me wrong. Just… I know the resist changes are going to… impact some PVE player numbers, let’s just say, unless other changes come along with it. More than are spelled out in the devblog.

6 Likes

Haha, you do realize that was a joke right? April fool’s, Australia is not getting localized

8 Likes

Yeah and that’s great. If ships use resist modules, then it’s worth thinking about more tank instead.

Ships dying is good, so if it happens more, that’s a huge plus as far as I’m concerned.

4 Likes

:red_circle: Armor Coatings first of all do not exist at all in EVE. There are only Armor Platings, Eneregized Armor Membranes and Layered Armor Platings. Only 2 of them give resistance bonuses. Layered Platings only give armor HP. I suggest you get your terminology right. Bodes well for the quality of the actual changes. :innocent:

5 Likes

Loki already has second smallest powergrid. And now it is nerfed to oblivion. Awesome idea…

11 Likes