Surgical Strike – Coming 15 April

As always people tinfoil about the intent of changes and how much this will hurt various groups. Some PvE will actually benefit from this, not hurt. And it increases value of some things.

2 Likes

How so?

This should be interesting!

DED sites that are run with T3Cs using high damage short range missiles (such as Heavy Assault Missiles) can be cleared faster since T2 short range ammunition are getting a +15% damage buff this patch.

1 Like

In addition to what scoots said. Incursion tower bashes. BS get HP buff that will mostly offset ehp drop and usually have excess logi. buffer to catch reps is the main this. And they get that increased dps on towers.
And where PvE gets harder and has drops, those drops will rise in value.
Ditto LP from missions if people do struggle.

So while it is a nerf to resists, even a nerf buffs some things. And the DPS buff clearly impacts.

It might not be solo possible, you could be right. But will gas sites still be runnable all together is the question you need to ask. I can’t solo lvl 4 missions in a t1 frigate after all. Not all content can be done by all fits. Nor should that be possible in all cases.

2 Likes

I guess a congratz is in order @CCP_Dopamine

in making HULLTANKING pvp the new allround meta …

So many shakeups, intense theory-crafting, and interesting fights ahead of us …

claps slowly

3 Likes

They are nerfing capitals to drop their ability to sustain as much damage and they nerf resist to smaller ships resist modukes to slow the bloat of NPC drop items and isk flooding the economy, while making small gang pvp a little more dynamic.

You don’t know yet, but there are ways…

And what do you think most of PVPers do to get money to blow ships?

1 Like

Damn, you are still here… i’d call that a failure.

And makes you think you can speak in the name of “most of the PVPers” ?

Just because about the couple hundred i know personnaly, only a handful are truly making their money purely from PVP. There are some and they are very good at, but they are a minority.

1 Like

And this does not still allow you to talk about “most of the PVPers” but instead “most of the PVPers you know”.

True, but the pattern on that small scale is problably adaptable in the whole cluster… whose PVP pilot don’t have a PI alt in a remote wormhole…

I play both , they are awesome. Eve devs have a lot to learn from elite and vice versa

1 Like

You got it all wrong:
Intention: Nerf ships in NE
Explanation: Capital change/surgical strike

2 Likes

(nods) Short range play styles is getting a substantial buff–for both pvp and pve-- DPS tank will be amazing on some fits.

I am sure someone else mentioned it, but a good way to fix active fits while keeping this change would be to simply buff the local tank mods so they’re around the same level as pre-patch.

As I explained it here this would actually not be enough.
You also need to make the reduction in power of the resist modules actually be homogeneous among all the modules : As the patch is explained by now, a ship that uses only a -0.01 % resist module will actually become a -0.008% resist module and so the total EHP/ERP will be almost the same ; while a ship that used a -100% resist module (so had an effective infinite EHP and rep power) will lose 100% of its EHP/ERP

The proposal I made (+20% local rep, +20% base shield regen, and instead of -20% to resist value it would be -5% and -5 so a 50% resist would lose 2.5+5 = 7.5 resist points) would not be perfect but would reduce the impact of this patch on the deadspace/faction resist modules.

My second proposal, that is work with module tankiness instead of module resist, would make a lot more sense (one point of tankiness = double your EHP/ERP, so literally PCT are the base 1 tankiness), because you can just remove 20% of the tankiness of the module and here it’s balanced. But then there is the little issue of stacking penalty ^^

2 Likes

How excatly reducing resits is going to help brawling ships ??
Does people responsible for this patch even play eve or have any sense of logic?

After patch t2 ships will became new meta because of standard bigger resits, also bcs of price nobody will want to use them in short range, so after patch sniping ships will be even more used than before.
Those who use short range will be decimated by long range ships or will be force to catch people between gates.

Anyway if two fleets meet in same system, sniping ships will have even bigger advantage.

Long live the Eagle and muning
For example
If you want people to use brawlers, increase PWG cost for long range guns so they can fit only long range guns or tank, leave tank for short range guns.

3 Likes