Surgical Strike Update Follow-up

@CCP_Rise do you think you can find a way to release the raw data at least a summary of your findings in a way that doesn’t affect CCP policies?

Highsec ganking is one thing that (as this thread shows) has a disproportionate amount of focus, especially here on the forum, so data we can either agree with or dismiss as irrelevant (depending on the outcome and existing opinions), would be a useful distraction to the normal monotony of arguing.

Nice to see a level head about it through in CCP and checking before deciding.

1 Like

When was the last time you saw a fleet of 50-70 ppl tank a fort with a fax and engage 200??

I would like to say thanks CCP for killing any content my group can do. we relied on expensive high resist ships to fight outnumbered usually 3:1 now this is not possible. I have unsubbed from this game waiting for the opportunity for CCP to realise they just killed all small scale pvp.

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about capitals so i’m not commenting on that but for subcaps this pass is very positive. Hecates, HAM’s, t1 Battleships, Merlins, Conflag, Marauders, Torpedoes, Kestrels, Stabbers, Brawling, Blitzing… many of my favorite things got buffed and some cancers got a little bit nerfed all in one pass couldn’t ask for more. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Like a week ago. https://br.inyour.space/?s=45320&b=9069062&e=1538&t=fjubaaaaaaarfb

1 Like

Any hints as to when we can expect some larger meta / structural changes that will encourage more opportunities to do things-other-than-bomber-hotdrops in nullsec? While I appreciate the general tone of the new Quadrant goals, and tidbits like increased battleship scan-res are nice, it’s not going to address some important realities that are stalling nullsec activity:

• Repeated nerfs to PvE activity have reduced the number of large targets in space (few people ratting in caps and supers since you’ve nerfed their guns and fighters into the ground; few people mining in Rorquals now that you’ve gutted nullsec mining anomalies and filled asteroid belts with africanized NPC pirates)

• Structure and grid changes have rendered nullsec safer than ever for pilots of smaller ships doing PvE or industry (vastly-reduced need for players to move between systems, moving around almost fool-proof with occupants’ ability to place hundreds of Upwell structures on the same grid, often co-located with strategically-important stargates and Ansiblex gates)

• The oppressive omnipresence of stealth-bomber / general covert-hotdrop gangs literally everywhere has further contributed to the culling of PvP targets, as PvE players not possessing Rorquals or Supercapitals have learned to avoid PvEing in anything but nimble, and/or eminently-disposable ships

I recently re-subscribed to the game after several months away, and it’s really disappointing to see nullsec somehow offering even fewer opportunities than it did before the Blackout. At least pre-Blackout while there was very little PvP to do, you could make decent money PvEing. Now it feels like-- in addition to a lack of any significant non-bomber PvP-- there’s no ability to leverage skillpoints or hardware investments to make money either. Mining has been nerfed to death, supers are being nerfed to death again, and anybody who ventures out in a ratting battleship or carrier is just asking to have 50 bored dudes in bombers flung on them and be blown up in one or two torp vollies. I didn’t spend years training skills and making billions of ISK so I could go out and make 12m ISK ticks running a Myrmidon through the same boring anomalies all day long every day.

3 Likes

Fine.

Which one are you actually claiming?

jeez thats a little overdramatic id say… you do understand everyone gets the same patch right?

The nerf will cause chaos in all nearly all activities. I don’t know why create another and bigger issue when the original target is to deal with capitals. Is it worthy to create such chaos and then rebalance everything? And after all these changes PVE are just largely unchanged?
This patch is so sad for high-sec players.

2 Likes

Removed a ton of off topic posts. Keep it civil and on topic please. Thank you.

3 Likes

Does the damage buff include all short range ammo, or just the short short range ammo? If not all, then can we also get a damage buff to null, scorch, etc… Please? :innocent:

Cleanup? They don’t make a shovel big enough? How do you cleanup a toxic waste site? :wink: And now that the Dev’s are giving us feedback again, someone has to remember to thank the ISD and CSM (weather or not you like them or not) for the most feedback we had in the past few years.

I have said this before and I’m sure CCP will give me the opportunity to say it again before the age of chaos ends…

1 Like

Wait . . . what are we thanking the CSM for?

For representing the whole and serving in everyone’s best interests :wink:

Can you give some example?

For being cannon fodder.

If you could see anyone in this image, you’d see @ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode at work, cleaning up toxic posts:

bastorlode

3 Likes

Welcome to ■■■■■■■ over all the small guys.

I mean come on guys this only effects lowsec and wormholes with the resist nerf and this Fax’s will be able to tank half as much and won’t even be able to keep running.

This won’t matter for null they use them as suicide reppers to save supers but for small groups who use them as force equalizers it makes them completely useless.

And wtf is with the resist changes? This is no different than the heavy missile nerf to nerf the Drake. It was dumb then and it’s dumb now.