Thanks for the Grand Prix event....not

Most people don’t hate CCP or EVE. We all just see a game that can be the things we want, but it needs someone to step in and create a way for gankers to be properly penalised.

Think about it. In what concept of any universe are known pirates allowed to hang around the same place, day after day, committing crimes in front of law enforcement? In what world are they punished, but then largely able to avoid any longer term suspicion or consequences? It’s utterly illogical.

People always talk about the sandbox element to this, but ultimately it is a game and many of the elements that allow ganking to take place are artificial. Gates, concord, sec status, suspects etc… it’s all just stuff that was put in 20 years ago by game developers, and people figured how to game that system and make enough money to fund their plex by gate camping for a few hours a day.

Pretending this is some exercising of freedom to create emergent content is just conning yourself and everyone else that you aren’t using code and systems that are completely arbitrarily implemented, and should have been superceded by more opportunities to engage in ‘proper’ space combat.

5 Likes

In our universe the gankers are the government. They have merely realized that it is more efficient to milk us at a steady stream, rather than looting us in unpredictable cycles.

Working as intended.

3 Likes

It’s quite amazing to read this thread and see the same arguments from both sides since the beginning really.

It would be nice if the devs could come up with some way to let random pilots safely band together to take out gate camps, but all mechanisms currently in place are simply untrustworthy.

3 Likes

This part does always bug me.

I know exactly who the gankers are outside Jita, for example. I know them by name, I have them marked with bad standing, and even if I wasn’t so familiar with them, the fact that they are sitting outside Jita in gank fit Tornados sending cargo scanner beams at every ship that lands would be a dead giveaway.

But … I can’t touch them. I want to shoot them. I want to save the Haulers that are going to land and be ganked. I know they are criminals, I’ve seen them do it before, over and over, and I know they are minutes from doing it again, but I can’t touch them or I am the bad guy.

I think if you ever try to murder someone you should stay criminal and shootable at all times rather than being able to die to Concord, wait out a timer and then start again as if you never did a thing wrong.

2 Likes

Weren’t you the same type of people that wanted highsec wardecs removed so that griefers couldn’t attack your mining ops? If we still had the old wardec system, you could pay a fee and be able to shoot the gankers.

2 Likes

A lot of them aren’t in player Corps. Most of them aren’t even Omega. They’re just cheap Alpha alts in 100m Tornados that can freely gank anyone they like right under everyone’s noses.

1 Like

Shrug. Maybe if you used the killright system? IONO.

Well in HiSec the gankers are penalized: they lose their ships.

However, all the kills on that Zkill link took place in LowSec. You want to punish players for PvPing in LowSec?

I don’t know, do you know any Universe were immortal demigods who control ships with their brains and who regularly throw away the GDP of entire planets in small gang fleet engagements?

Jesus. I lost an 8bil Miasmos last night and I’m not even complaining.

Ganking is fine. HTFU or uninstall.

1 Like

So far I am enjoying the Grand Prix event. I even get the extra spice of the faction police chasing me through a good chunk of the highsec areas. :wink:

2 Likes

Its called “Make a fleet with your friends”

3 Likes

What part of “random” did you not understand?

1 Like

I’m guessing you also felt that random players couldn’t do anything about Trig invasions, for or against them? There are hundreds of players who formed up in random-group fleets led by volunteer FCs who would disagree.

The problem isn’t with the game failing to offer opportunities for random players to join together for a common goal. The problem is with players being unwilling to make the effort to affect change. Complaining is easier than doing, and at heart, most people tend to opt for the easy route rather than the challenging one. There’s nothing innately wrong with that, but those same players need to recognize their choice as a choice, not a lack of options.

3 Likes

The difference? Fighting the Trigs was incentivised. People knew they could earn a ton of ISK doing it, and they knew what the Trigs would bring in DPS/HP.

There is no money in breaking gate camps around hi or lowsec. They use throwaway ships, have unknown strength in numbers, and when you kill them, you aren’t guaranteed any ISK to justify you risking any decent hardware.

I’d be signing up for these fleets if it wasn’t all risk and no reward, but as it stands, it’s basically a charity. After two decades of blaming the laziness of players, maybe it’s time to accept that there is no actual incentive to play Space Police?

4 Likes

Why should there be? There is hardly any reason to play pirate, either.

1 Like

I dont see a problem with that as long as they buy the Tornado from me.

1 Like

Now that’s a very dishonest statement. They make billions from it daily.

3 Likes

I am running legitimate ISK halving service. You can give me ISK anyday and enjoy really good return on your investment next time.

Its a lot better than flying those ships, I tell you.

2 Likes

Don’t touch me you filthy man!
Wait…
No, don’t, eeeeeeew!

On what planet is random better than friends?

And there already is a random fleet function, its called Fleet Finder

But you know, rather than use the tools at hand to solve the problem you identify, sure just say CCP needs to fix it for you, thatll do

personally the only real issue i have with the grand prix is the oh so timewasting waypoints,
they add nothing but less freedom in routes.

1 Like