The Completion of the Reclaiming

Given that four Emperors now have followed the policy of peaceful and patient reclaiming, your concern is unwarranted.

Aria’s point that military action against Amarr strengthens the hand of those who believe that the reclaiming should become violent again is also absolutely valid. People making public statements that they wish to commit atrocities against Amarr populations is a good way to undermine those saying that other cultures can be trusted.

The majority of Amarr aren’t edgy adolescents who get off on other people’s pain, and those that are tend to be Sani Sabik heretics.

4 Likes

Only the Tetrimon and their supporters believe in the immutability of scriptures. The rest of us see them as a historical record of the word of God. They are entirely valid and absolutely binding, up until new revelation supercedes them.

The Reclaiming is a very important and long lasting declaration of God and it seems unlikely that it will end in the foreseeable future, but only God knows the exact end goal of the divine policy.

The main point is that we are not an immutable state, but one that is entirely capable of reacting to a changing universe.

2 Likes

One thing history has taught us all is that it repeats. Peace now, sure if that’s what you call it. Others would view some aggressions (illegal slave raids, ect) as anything but, but that’s beside the point and not really worth covering at the moment. What I was implying with my remark is, well if genocide, enslavement and invasion followed by peace, all while holding your war trophies is your best foot forward with regards to this divine mandate you speak of, either your god and people need better PR management or the rest of the cluster has plenty to fear. I tend to believe the latter but I guess I’m a pessimist…

3 Likes

Except the very same Scriptures already set that exact end-goal: All of humanity under Amarr. Are you telling me that this might be wrong? The Word of God, saying in absolutely no uncertain terms, flat out: The Reclaiming is the more important task given unto the Amarr, and it will not end until all of mankind is under Amarr, is something that might just change all willy nilly?

No seriously, you can’t have it both ways. Either the Word of God is infallible, or it’s simply not worth anything to begin with.

1 Like

History does not repeat, saying that shows ignorance of history. The more accurate statement is that similar circumstances produce similar results. Given that there is no precident in Amarr history for the current political reality, I cannot imagine what bit of history you expect to see repeat.

2 Likes

“Crap’s gone sideways, start glassing planets!” probably.

3 Likes

Think my whole “peace now, sure” covers that part. What I can say without a reason of a doubt is I don’t see anything to prove that notion otherwise, slave raids while illegal, occur and are wide spread and barely dealt with in a transparent manner by any form of the Amarr government, other actions would point to probing for weaknesses ((mission fluff on that one)). Have their been positive strides, sure but as an old saying from my days in the RMS goes, “look east, strike west.” A diversion in plain words.

1 Like

The scriptures also once mandated a Council of Apostles. The time for that policy ended, and new revelations replaced those scriptures.

The only thing that can supercede the past word of God is the present word of God. A divine declaration that the time for reclaiming was over would result in a total overhaul of Amarr society, but outright denying the possibility is putting limitations on the divine.

I know it would be easier for you to justify your murderous agenda if we were a completely unchanging state, but this is inaccurate.

1 Like

Illegal slavers are dealt with extremely harshly by the MIO.

Edit: By contrast, the Republic gave the mass murdering “Elder” Fleet safe haven, and then handed them the keys to the kingdom.

2 Likes

Maybe so, transparently? Not so much. I think you would feel the same if our terrorists were dealt with severely by RSS with no records avaliable. There’s no accountability to the process.

1 Like

Oh no, I’m not saying you’re unchanging. I’m saying you’re changing whenever it’s convenient for you.

More importantly, the Council of Apostles did not have a very specific end-goal like “All of humanity under Amarr”. Implying that this is a goal that might just suddenly stop being a thing outright says that the Word of God is fallible, which again… against your Scriptures. Sorry little liar, (or dimwit? I can’t quite tell.) but you are contradicting your own Empire here.

Hahahahahaaaah! Really? Really? You’re going to pull out that chestnut? You’re going to pretend all those thousands of ships are somehow ‘illegal slavers’? Are you going to seriously sit there and claim that such significant chunks of your Navy go rogue out of fuckin’ nowhere? Did you completely miss the countless thousands of sites completely and utterly ignored by your MIO, until capsuleers were given free access to them? Pull the other one. Now I know you’re just lyin’ through your teeth because you ain’t that fuckin’ stupid. Your empire does fuckall about them, and you know it perfectly well, you lyin’ sack.

1 Like

Given that the RSS let the terrorists take over the Republic, I don’t exactly trust them to do their jobs.

1 Like

My point still stands, for all we know, harsh punishment is dinner and a drink…

1 Like

The Word of God might not be fallible, but the interpretations and understanding of His message can be.

That being said, I can’t see any situation in which the Reclaiming would be discharged, except for its final conclusion. It is the sole and entire purpose of the Amarr Empire. It is the Destiny of Faith.

2 Likes

More like struck from the book of records, sentenced to slavery, or killed. The sentences tend to be rather public.

Or you know, completely unlimited operation throughout all of Empire space, and including significant chunks of border regions. You have got to keep up with the news. Your bullcrap was revealed for what it was a little while back. You can stop pretending now, we all already know.

1 Like

Admittedly I was unaware of that, seems fitting, honestly. Now if only that was made public to other empires, not criticizing just kinda wish it was…

1 Like

After the sheer amount of illegal slaving operations we saw with their reveal by CONCORD and assignment to capsuleers by the RSS, and the refusal of Empress Catiz I to set standards against the sale of slaves to those not declared fitting by Scripture, as well as the long history of poor enforcement, I cannot see us as having particularly great response to illegal slavers. The laws demand it, but the enforcement has left much to be desired.

1 Like

The enemies within have certainly been busy the last decade or so since the assassination of Doriam. So yes, there are more problems than there should be with enforcement. Also purging the Sani Sabik and Sansha threats are higher priority for the MIO, for good reason.

1 Like

Good to see you take up these arguments, Lord Admiral Lok’ri. I had gotten tired of bringing them up; perhaps your words will have more weight upon the ignorant.