The EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

Hey everyone. I guess this is more of a question for the players rather than CCP. I have read that CCP wishes to rebalance the availability of basic resources in Eve. I’m taking that to mean ores and such. Then I have heard about the huge battles where CCP boasts about how many Titans were lost. So am I correct in thinking that CCP is trying to use up these Titans only to then make replacing them more difficult? I’m not in a player corp and I am a HS miner so not very knowledgable about these things, but just trying to get a handle on what they are on about.

2 Likes

Get Wealthy in EVE. The launchpad says it all. the easy isk in EVE comes from buying plex. and that is all this scarcity nonsense is about.,

4 Likes

No, CCP does not seem to be encouraging Titan losses. These titan losses are a result of a war initiated by bored null players and not initiated by any of the recent ecosystem changes of CCP.

You could even say that CCP is discouraging big titan fights like these, because the servers cannot handle fights of this size where titans get dropped in large numbers. One day I would love to see large fleet battles with no issues and minimal time dilation, but I do understand we’re pushing the limit already.

And although CCP may not be encouraging the titan losses, I think the titan losses are very welcome in their plans for the ecosystem changes.

1 Like

I’m afraid what last titan losses is drop in the ocean, and it will be very hard for CCP to provoke another big capital fight in the future. M-2 part II was excellent display of capital goodfight consequences.

2 Likes

Wait the M2 exctraction of super could be very bloody in titan to for the two side. So wait and see.

Бред не несите. Суицидники всегда будут находить “жирную” добычу. Главное это интерес игроков к игре, а эти все “изменения” на руку только PVP-шникам и живущим в нулях. Перераспределение ресурсов это ненужный бред и этот бред игрокам не нравиться. Все эти эксперименты к хорошему никогда не приводили и не приведут. Стабильность залог благополучия, а эксперименты предвестники хаоса.

This comment is gold.

Remove local and replace it with a new and improved remake of D-scan which has modules that you can fit to your ship to improve d-scan with (to a degree of accuracy) angle’s and distance’s with penetration modules that can see through cloaking tech and combat recon’s deflective surface’s.

Maybe if you get some super high quality scan hit becuase of skills + modules those ships show up on your screen as red markers with a little au (Not 100% accurate on distance and place but close enough to make a good call).

Make people work for their intelligence and be rewarded many fold for it.

Would love to see both types of interceptor’s getting d-scan bonus’s.

1 Like

Removed an inappropriate post.

Reference Makshima (Have no idea how to copy and paste here)

Was kinda thinking that very same thing. I’m in a ore belt and my orca has a skin that makes it “blend” very well with the asteroids around it. It could easily be missed if i sat quite still with no drones out. Just another rock hanging in space.

So how could a ship “go dark” in New eden, laying in wait or pretending to be space-junk only to suddenly become active and pounce? Or to wait while an enemy past slowly by?

Take away names in Local Chat, and the Overview, and use an advanced D-Scan as suggested above…?

I imagine the feeling of warping into an apparently empty system only to lazily activate my proximity sensors and … “Oh crap! Gate camp!!”

Then again I’m no PvPer.

1 Like

The scarcity of playerbase feeds bankruptcy of the Devs?

1 Like

Just buy another PLEX and SKILL injector, thats all CCP cares about.

As long as people play the game, ofc.

Without going into many details, I think that everyone who is following nerfs during the last year can conclude that the goal of them all is the following (as neatly shown in the dev blog graphics):

So I fully expect that in 2021 we will continue the trends, and after the big war in 0.0 is finished, you can expect a massive drop in active player numbers.

10 Likes

Nothing has changed in EvE because PLEX price in ISK ist stable. Both, people hypothetically buying more PLEX from CCP and people farming less ISK lead to lower PLEX prices. Nothing is happening, PLEX price is stable.

So far scarcity phase is a fail or need be prolonged much much longer. The moment PLEX price is going down significantly marks a valid turn around point.

1 Like

2019-2020 plex order amount was at 2.4-1.8 K with 1.6-1.8b for 500plex. This year at 1.8-900K. mostly at 1.1k for 1.3 - 1.4 b. I think it is not the same.

When I started old PLEX was at 400M, and it only became cheaper in RL money due to inflation.

this does not matter. if you use statistics for 2019-2021 you will see that the avg(amount * price ) is dropped by nearly 50%. it is not stable.

PS: Plex price is not what about I would care. it is the dropped amount of plex.

Was looking at the last year

But the trend may be overshadowed by the war which no ended. There is a downward move recently, but the volume traded doesn’t look problematic yet.

Yeah I know each their truth.

pretending to be space junk so all minmar ships