The EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

So, new patch, and yet no news on any specific change coming soon about this…

3 Likes

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I’m always excited about new things, but on the other hand I’m happy because nothing is getting worse.

At the latest in one week we should get at least new MER news.

1 Like

After reading ccp announcement about the Ecosystem i have to point some things.

1. The ore scarcity : ccp ruined the miners and industrial people of 00 and moved a lot of bots and players to high sec.Prices of ships went up.So since we all know the rule, if u cant replace what u are flying don t fly it we can imagine the decrease on pvp activity the only thing that keeps the numbers up is the war.
    2)ESS : big nerf on the income with the modifiers going down u ,how many sites u need to run every day to keep the adms at lvl 5 and how good is to rat with the bounties multiplier at lets say 60%.And how much time you need to spend to rat to buy your ship and have a fight witch can result in the loss of your ship in a matter of seconds.People rat to get isk to pvp, if the want to pvp or they can have a lot of isk that just stay at their wallet and does not interact with the game there are some people like that .How much money does an average nul sec person have?How many hours does a nul sec player can rat per day?Few biliond and like 2 hours tops since it is rly boring .But if u want to skip the pain u use a bot or rmt.Fot pvp content u pop throw a wh or use a filament u got perfect intel about the ess in the region u poped up ,what is the next level ? filaments that spwam u on top of a rating ship ,elite pvp there cause a rating ship.How great is to stay 3 hours in the ess to defend it .
  2. cloacky camping : it has come to entire regions been camped.If u have minimum brains u can just drop when u have assembled your 50 bomber friends and see a nice target ,there is no counter to sub capitals and whatever u bait in u will just melt ,ofc there is z killboard that the hunter can use and the rest of his alts to scout for counter drops etc,how many years the player base was talking about the cloacky camping and now ccp has decided to act ,just lol.

So ccp was the motd now make the economy healthy .activity in nul sec went down ,people are leaving the game .streamers stream other games now .CCP should just put in the option of buying ships and equipment with real money and skip the buy plex thing and then selling it to have isk to play the game cause we are getting there and we can all skip the pain .The bots are running the came now and ccp has lost that war .CCP says there are to many titans in the game they should put in the titan ship info this ships cant be flown by every player only by few so people that start the game can know that.If you don t have support titan cant do anything alone.The constant nerf to fighters lol there is some serious hate there just remove carriers from the game and be done with it, doesn’t live to their isk worth since u can kill a carrier pretty easy with 3-4 sub caps .Trig ships and their massive dps are op now they just dominate any other faction ship in 1vs1.(some people actually enjoy tp pvp in 1 vs 1).

3 Likes

You’re right, and apart from that, bots will also be able to sit in Titan and fight in war.

2 chars biomassed 1 with 150 mills another with 70mills… stuff also with them gone. small corps and players cant get anything anymore ingame. to much work required for minimal gains. but nuff other games out there.

2 Likes

Skill farms aren’t even profitable ATM and basically only give OMEGA.

Other thing… Why alll these cloaky camping intense posts ? is that that much deal breaker for EvE eco system ?

also isnt cloaky camping something sound like BOOORING AS ■■■■ ? People are mazochist ??? someone explain why people pay ■■■■ loads of isk and priding themselves to play this game in HUUUUGE TIDI … that even servers cant handle?

while rest of the new eden lack of attention and love of CCP ? CCP has nothing else than WWBEE to be be proud of in rest of NEW EDEN ? im tired of seeing all these 7/24 on CCP media … what they gain exactly?

These are some of the questions in my head … if you know the answer please answer … Noone has answers for every question naturally

It would be boring if you were actively playing. That´s why the campers do it AFK. They are really playing other games or at work, or at bed, and only take a brief look each few hours to see if there´s something to catch.

And that´s why it is a problem. CCP doesn´t want AFK gameplay, and while it is easy to kill an AFK hauler, an AFK miner or an AFK ratter, it is impossible to hunt an AFK cloakcamper, so it is going to be fixed.

6 Likes

How are small alliances/groups to survive in Nsec??? You up the fuel needs for all structures then take away the ice needed to fuel them!! We’ve had 1 single ice spawn in our ice system since the nerf !!! We can’t just go somewhere else ( someone else’s sov) to mine ice! We have no minerals to even build small ships. Only A,B anoms with 2 or 3 roids. It’s laughable!! Small groups don’t have the logistics to ship all their needed materials from Hsec. Your killing the little guys!! Funny, in the past CCP said it was trying to make it easier for small groups to have sov and be more self-reliant … Such BS!!

1 Like

agreed. all i need to say.

1 Like

Tilt it toward the gankers. Watch them jump with joy.
Nothing beats low-hanging fruit for a little boy.

1 Like

Mining in belts has never been a thing in null, don´t pretend otherwise. Install ore upgrades in your systems, mine that small anomalies to grow the index and get enourmous and colossal asteroid belts; there you´ll mine an abundance of bistot, arkonor and mercoxit to trade for the rest of the ores and the ice in the hisec hubs.

1 Like

Even with the anoms you would still need a huge logistics net to ship all that back and forth from Hsec. So small groups are a a total disadvantage to the coalitions. That’s the point!

1 Like

Would you care to explain why your logistics isn’t in the same proportion to your size as for the large groups?

Probably because if one guy needs a jump freighter to move stuff or hundred guys need a jump freighter to move stuff, you need a jump freighter and cynos in both scenarios. Except one group is just 1 man instead of 100. You can’t suddenly jump 1/100th of a jump freigher, just because your group is smaller.

Sure, you can fly a smaller hauling ship like a BR or DST, but I think you get the picture: there is efficiency in scaling up.

So the one guy can wait a day and you can move a full JF. That’s not hard, a ‘smaller’ Null group is not 5 guys.

Pretty accurate. Scarcity breeds concentration of wealth and means to wealth - there’s a Coleman boat there with extreme angles, as on the other end you have abundance doing the exact same thing.

They need to strike a balance, but destruction is the only means CCP can engage on.

And yet, there’s still only one real curve of destruction in terms of game pathways. The road goes to sov/supers.

There’s a bit of history behind this, and an internal struggle. Once upon a time CCP figured out that it did not matter if they spent more money on X or Y, they would get the same return. They were correct, but they forgot that this was merely the economical perspective. EVE remains an emergent dynamic, ergo the economics are but one element, and not even the primary. With that being behaviour there is a tangible requirement to engage in both X and Y. Which they don’t really want to do as it complicates matters from a studio management perspective.

There’s really only two roads now.

Strengthen the emergent dynamic. Or restructure EVE so that it is no longer an emergent dynamic but a game. One of the two. Right now they are trying - very well - to increase health, but that is not the same as strengthening the emergent dynamic. But they are also restructuring away from this.

It is basically the same old debate which once resulted in one of the venture founders, well, eh, let’s leave that story out of here. oops. The same old debate upstairs which has happened before, several times.

CCP need to make up their minds. Get over old trauma upstairs and face the emergent dynamic, something which - if they are finally willing to do this - provides demonstrably remarkable potential. Or, be satisfied to be just a studio and rework the game to what the owners are messaging, a readily calculable ST:O model variant.

While I tend to agree with the general thrust of your post, it’s worth addressing what this would mean, long-term.

Long-term, chaos and war aren’t stable. Conflicts resolve. Wars are won, or lost, and in the long-term, cooperative periods arise, with trade and espionage being the main forms of conflict and competition between the powerful empire-states. That’s what ‘emerges’… it’s what emerged in EVE, multiple times, and gives rise to the complaints about stagnation and ‘the blue donut’. Cold war superpowers, trade cartels, etc… we’ve seen it. It happens. It is… inevitable.

Then CCP changes the mechanics, and things get chaotic, briefly, before moving back toward gestalt.

2 Likes

I Consider myself still a new player (5 months) and like many new players I don’t yet feel comfortable with the limited skills I have via the slow skill learning system. So I spend almost all my time in Hi-Sec right now.
Two things I believe more adversely affect new players than the rich nul-sec players that have been stock piling for years. The loss of mining anomalies in hi-sec and the tier I salvage mats in relic sites. I do relic and data sites in order to find something that I need but cant easily get from mining, or salvaging to help with manufacturing. I know this is still the scarcity step in the economic adjustment., but what is the purpose of doing a level 4 relic sight if half the hacked “containers” have nothing in them and the other half have tier I salvage mats? CCP the purpose for doing these is gone along with the fun. Cant mining anomalies be brought back in Hi-Sec. There was a fun factor in finding one that just popped up and getting something other than Veld, Plag, Scordite. It was a fun part of the newer player experience that got thrown out in order to starve nul-sec. Can this be revisited? I understand the splitting up of minerals strategy between Hi, lo and Nul. Cant something be added that still would enhance the new player experience. It was kind of like a treasure hunt and I miss hi-sec anomalies. Its easy to say poo poo just go to lo-sec you chicken care bear by players sitting on a disparity of skill points as well as experience. But that does not help.

4 Likes