The Gun truck

Fair enough, I play DRG exclusively to ■■■■■ at Scouts about lighting tbh

I started playing PubG and I was farming my crops when some Russian paratrooper landed on the farmhouse and started shooting at me. NOT COOL.

2 Likes

Hello, fellow Ukrainian.

1 Like

Отдай картошку!

1 Like

Because they would quickly learn that they’re wasting their time if there is no destruction. Mineral values would rapidly drop to zero as nothing new ever needs to be built.

1 Like

For the challenge?

Like, that’s the whole point of the game.

1 Like

My main character, before the anti hisec war changes, was in a merc/griefer corps. So we liked to kill stuff? At least you knew we were coming. What was funny is that there were folks in that corps who HATED ganking like crazy. I never could quite buy into the distinction. Oh yeah. WE were following the law. Yeah. That’s it. Sure.

The biggest bullet CCP put into our hisec shenanigans was to make being put on a watch list have to be consensual. That broke the external tools that allowed us to mass hunt.

Yeah. That’s why there’s a Procurer vs a Retriever. Risk/reward. Here we are sitting for hours at these keyboarded boxes of rocks and metal, so something has to get our hearts to beat a little bit more.

Once upon a time there was no safety on these ships. Ooops. More things to laugh at back then.

2 Likes

That was actually an advantage, especially for the smaller war groups, because the targets couldn’t see them come either. You could still have a good intelligence network just by fielding a few alts in key locations, but the targets had the disadvantage because once they (incompetently) lost sight of you, they no longer knew if you were around at all. There were quite a few tears when this happened initially as those players realized that this wouldn’t be the massive anti-griefer boon they expected.

I don’t know, the Catalyst seems to be built for the job. The stabber, too.

FYI: there are no Viet Cong in EVE and… the war is over.

1 Like

Perspective…it’s a thing.

When CCP gives me a warning for setting my safety to red in hisec I will consider pvp in hisec griefing.

E: any employees reading thread still, I am dead serious about that Combat Corvette. I want an Ibis with a 425mm strapped to the nose.

It was a typo and I forget how to edit :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I had NOT thought of that. Well there ya have it. Another good example of unintended consequences.

I think crimewatch was the death of highsec pvp.

It made can-flipping non-viable for the casual criminal (read - non criminal who wants to experiment).

That was the end of the fighting carebear.

After that, getting an engagement turned from easy to downright patience testing.

All the new players found crime too risky… and stopped doing it.

The pvp crowd faded overnight. The tears crowd turned to ganking.

Can flipping was the highest form of pvp Eve ever had, and the culture of risk it built in the playerbase was the reason you would see small fleets hunting on every other station/gate you passed within 6 jumps of Jita.

Today’s eve is downright peaceful.

2 Likes

For purposes of alliteration, that should be “The griefing crowd turned to ganking.”

I was looking at some of the toons, corps, and alliances I used to play with. A grave yard. Remember The Marmites?

How DO people afford their T3 cruisers, Marauders, and Avatars without $$>plex>isk?

1 Like

Calm down miner.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.