The legend of the Nameless God

Pain sticks are children’s toy’s that are usually grown out of by the teen years :stuck_out_tongue:

To Captain Elkin’s question, Arrendis explains pretty well of the corruption of the evil spirits and and how the tribes dealt with them when the great journey was made. The outline of rejecting temptation, ridding yourself of material objects and to seek peace is indeed a great way to resist the corruption through out your lifetime.

However, in regards to how to cleanse your spirit once it has been tainted, there is a ritual that has been passed down since before even the day of darkness that has survived. Amongst my clan, and many others of the Brutor Tribe, fire is the great cleanser. Many of our most important rituals and traditions involve the use of fire for this purpose.

The cleansing ritual involves drinking a ceremonial brew and stepping into a ring of fire, letting the heat burn away pride, selfishness, all the temptations that the evil spirits offer, leaving your spirit bare of everything. The shaman will chant ancient rites, calling on your ancestors to strengthen your spirit, fortify it and to fight off the evil spirits that surround you. The ceremony ends when the ring of fire dies, and you are given a drink of cold, fresh spring water, symbolizing purity.

4 Likes

Interesting. Thank you.

All the same, as I won’t be standing in any rings of fire, I’d prefer you also keep shooting at me.

1 Like

A spider hmm, when I was a wee lass. My elders told stories of a wolf eating everything, thus putting an end to everything…

1 Like

Mythological critters like wolves can do that. :wink:

2 Likes

Just realized I mentioned the SoE split god myth here but never linked, so here goes: And now for something completely different

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.