The Lore and Faction Warfare PvP

Apologies, I haven’t been paying attention to this thread.

Oreb, the thread is more about the story, lore and the In Character relevance of Faction Warfare to the current day more so than the actual mechanics and gameplay. Although I do agree with you that the system needs to be changed, as it is a decade-old system which last saw a major overhaul in Inferno… several years ago.

Orpheus, I do on occasion write one up and post on the IGS about a major victory, engagement or campaign that the Caldari Militia accomplishes, although usually not until after it has been done. IC, Mantel doesn’t like to bluster about the initialisation of the effort, only afterwards when the victor has been clearly defined. It also gives a bit more to write about for a more engaging post, in my opinion.

Lauralite, good to hear that you are incorporating FW into your own group’s roleplay! It’s refreshing to hear that, even if the actual administration of occupied territory is a bit more vague than back in the day when the Caldari were auctioning off star systems to the megacorporations. I am of the opinion that due to the length of time that the conflict has been raging that the Federal and State authorities maintain a considerable degree of control over their territories even if they are considered ‘occupied’. But that’s my interpretation due to a Caldari Navy NPC stating that law enforcement can be carried out by the sovereign owners of the territory, not saying you’re ‘doing it wrong’.

5 Likes

Just caught this thread & I’d like to help out a bit. I run an IC EVE news blog & always looking for additional stuff (I’m oversaturated on Drifters currently)
The Caldari Militia taking large parts of space back/taking it from the gallente sure is something i’d enjoy writing about & thereby giving more exposure of FW.

It does seem that lack of exposure hinders FW a bit, can’t see much about it on other news-sites & hence people will miss out on FW or think it doesn’t see much activity.
While i can’t do wonders, i can give a small spotlight to FW with some ingame reports about major events in FW, like the current taking of large territories, or when a stronghold system falls or simply oif a big fight happened in FW space.
I just got to find cotnacts, as FW always was a bit of a blank spot on my reporting duties.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.