The possible solution for FC HeadShotting

What about a multiple use emergency damage control module. Something that sets the ship’s resists to 99% but disallows damage highs or such.

There are some announcements during EVE gatherings that seem like “filler” hype. Like permanent death announced by Rise a few years back. I think there’s a strong possibility that an FC ship was just filler.

You didn’t explain why this is needed. Just have backup FCs. One person shouldn’t be magically protected more than anyone else.

3 Likes

Did you not get the part where folks will not even try to fight a big fleet fight due to knowing that now matter what measures they take., They will be out of the fight in the first 10 seconds. And if you know you are not going to have fun. Then why bother even trying to make big fleet fight content for your alliance/corp/friends?

Again, For them just joining. This is about making sure BIG Fleet fights are fought even if the FC knows it’s low chance of winning. If the FC can stay on the field. Then things can happen. Ideas are made. Plans are formed mid battle to do all sorts of mad things. But if an FC is just deleted in the first 10s of a any fight. Then they just say “■■■■ it, I go play Chiv instead”. Thus the rest of the fleet is left to disengage and get safe. The means an end to what could be a good fight. Big scale PVP is being suppressed in this manner. Now if a FC can know that with some degree of certainty that they WILL NOT GET DELETED in the first 10 seconds of a fleet fight. Then they are more likely to take risky fights. Risky fights means the outcome is not 100% certain of victory.

If you don’t understand the above, Then I cant help you anymore. Sorry

I’m going to have to agree with @King_Voodoo here. The solution is to adapt and learn, not cry to CCP for a coded fix.

2 Likes

Big fleet fights are by far the most boring PvP in EVE. Forget about them and do small gang stuff instead. Giving FCs a magic “I win” button won’t do anything to change the fact that massive fleet fights are boring.

Now, training every corp member you fly with to be able to FC? that’s engaging gameplay.

3 Likes

My idea is not an “I win” button. It is a “Get to play in the big fight for more than 10 seconds” button

Wait, why FC’s are not using cloak? Can someone explain it to a carebear like me?

First, big fights are by far the most boring way to PvP in EVE. Second, yes it is an “I win” button. If you want to be the most important person out of hundreds of people, you don’t get to magically stay safe. Why don’t you have other people in your corp who can FC?

1 Like

don’t be a hardass

You are never “Magically” safe. As I have already outlined above. If you are familiar with how the current “Target Spectrum Breaker” works. You will understand that it is useless as a means of delaying or forestalling damage comming to you. When only about 10/20 ships have you targeted. My new version of that would not change.

Also, Big fights are really good on reinforced NODEs. And if you get lucky enough to not end up in a TiDi big fight (Yes they do happen). The game is a joy. But for that magic “Gud Fights” battles. Both main FC’s need to be there to lead the rest. Please remember that not all players of this game are in the 3 main 0.0 coalitions and so don’t have the same draw or manpower to have multiple FC’s within their ranks.

Big battles are not boring when the server plays at full speed.

As I understand (never having done pvp FC), they have to lock the target then broadcast to us F1 mashers so we can lock the right target. As a result, it becomes obvious (to those targeted) who the FC is.
Hence, no cloak.

This thread is literally about making FCs magically safe for no reason. And yes, massive fights are unbelievably boring. Mindlessly pressing F1 when an FC says so is the opposite of exciting gameplay.

1 Like

Sometimes enough players have difficulty with something that it could possibly be adjusted for the sake of increasing fun gameplay.

The idea that you shouldn’t have to have a contingency plan for your FC getting dunked is pretty laughable, tbh.

Come on, guys. Headshotting is a valid strategy, but this isn’t a war - this is a game. Some mechanics can be aimed at increasing the amount of enjoyment derived from the game.

“But Marika, just train more FCs” because A) it’s enjoyable AF to the FC that gets volleyed off grid, he’s sure gonna keep taking out fleets he can’t participate in and B) just how many FCs is one supposed to have? Needing to kill two ships instead of one does not change the tactic much…

Letting some random corpmate FC when someone dies is fun, it’s a new challenge. After all, this is just a game, it isn’t a war. What matters more, having fun or KB stats? That’s the real question here.

1 Like

If I could downvote that. I would. Please move on. You don’t seem to understand or just looking to troll.

probably fine if no one is really good at it in particular I guess

So basically no response to what I said? What’s more important to you, enjoying a video game or boosting KB stats? Why can’t a random corp mate take over as FC when someone’s headshotted?