The Somer Blink experience

Tyg… is that you? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Im suggesting it took a while for them to deliver supers. Which makes sense, and with the number of supers on sale in the market forums even back then, not entirely impossible.

Although i dont know why your friend would take the ship then resell it at a loss instead of taking the isk equivalent. Then again since youre not posting on your main, everything you say is suspect.

Somer was an obvious RMT scam long before the ban. Up until the ban, CCP’s ‘punishment’ was handing unique assets to Somer to be raffled off. I quit this game between the raffle giveaway and the ban, entirely because I wasn’t interested in playing a game with that much outright favoritism.

They basically handed Somer a few trillion isk and said “What EULA?”

You spend ~20, 50, 100 Million ISK for a Somer slot on a 2 Billion ISK Rorqual.
Your number wins.
You sell the Rorqual for 1-1.5 Billion to a corpmate who can use it.
It may be a loss on potential, but then selling at market price is potential loss… Anything above the cost of the slot is pure 100% profit.

I told you though. You can take the ISK-equivalent of the item or ship in question. Thats always been an option, has it not?

So you spend 20, 50, 100 million isk for a somer slot on a 2 billion isk rorqual.
Your number wins.
You dont spend the time trying to move and/or sell a rorqual for 1-1.5 billion to a corpmate, and instead just get the cash equivalnt of 1.4 or 1.5 billion or whatever price they were at the time, directly deposited into your account.

100% profit.

WIthout the hassle of finding a buyer, selling it, and losing a little, or potentially quite a lot of isk.

Youre adding unnecessary steps, and losing ISK while doing so. Which, only an idiot, or someone who lied to you, would do. Maybe your friend was lying. Maybe he just wanted you guys to be jealous, or use his referral number and play SOMER so that he could cash in on your accounts.

Sorry, I don’t know how Tyg is.
I just kind of missed the excitement of spending a few million isk on the lottery.

Also, this thread took off :slight_smile:

All lotteries were banned in the aftermath of the (IRL) CSGO lottery lawsuits.

CCP didn’t want to take that risk.

Somer was banned earlier for being an RMT seller. Somer had an incentive scheme when you bought PLEX for IRL money through their affiliate link that was on the edge of being RMT (IMO it always was, CCP didn’t agree).

CCP eventually told them to stop the incentives. Somer refused, and so was banned.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.