To the Commanders of the Matari Ground Forces on Floseswin IV

Yoiul Day has passed and few bothered to heed the pleas of the revashokad, so let’s all just let this die and move on with our lives.

Do you wish to report that laughably imitation seal to the Ministry of Internal Order, or shall I?

Should opportunity afford, I shall be sure to go out and ask.

It appears my belief that braggadocio and exchanges of insults was a commonly accepted aspect of warrior cultures, but instead it would appear I have offended some rather sensitive sensibilities. I shall make it a point to be more delicate around such easily wounded people in the future.

It seems that very few of the self-styled “Liberators of the Oppressed” are actually genuinely interested in the wellbeing of “their” people. I have told you who they are, I have told you where they are. Come for them or not.

Accepted? Somewhat I guess. I wouldn’t personally lead off with it or you get attention from other people who will form opinions, probably prematurely (guilty as charged), and responses from people who normally would ignore minor things (HI!).

For that second part, you don’t know my or anyone elses true intentions anymore than I know yours or even some of my allies who I rarely talk to. The obvious path is not always the right path. Research is key, ya know?

As surprising and unexpected as it is, I find myself agreeing with you Ms Vess, especially with regards to your insightful comment in relation to intentions. You are indeed correct that the obvious path may not always be the correct one, indeed, inmy experience it seldom is. In this case, however, I feel there was an exception to be made. Attempting to secure the dafe extraction of civilians from an area that shall clearly soon become extremely hostile appeared to me to be the obvious path. I still believe it was also the correct one.

I understand the evacuation of the civilians is now underway, led by Lady Liliana Llyr of LUMEN, and covered by the forces of Maira Blackfire. deSilvestris Household Forces will not be in the vicinity of the evacuation transports, in order to avoid any incidents or mistaken indications that they too are evacuating.

2 Likes

Thank you for your helpful offer, but there is no need for you to expend any of your valuable time on the matter.
They have already been made aware of your disloyal cowardice in the face of the enemy and very soon you will most likely not be concerned about seals.

I would suggest being very careful about grandstanding accusations towards an Aspirant of the Excubitoris Chapter.

5 Likes

I imagine you would…but it’s hardly me they - or you - needs to be concerned about, hmm?

Disgusting and cowardly. Sounds about right for you.

2 Likes

If they are not, you are asking for a cease-fire you have no way to guarantee the Amarr side will respect. So, perhaps you should confirm that before you ask your enemies to stand down for a time.

Is a ceasefire really that bad then there are lives at stake, ten to fifteen hours is all that is needed and then you can go back to shooting each other’s, like senseless marauders only caring for what glory the next kill will bring.

2 Likes

I don’t think a ceasefire is bad at all… provided both sides adhere to it. If, however, Ms. deSilvestris were to obtain commitments from all Matari forces to cease hostilities for a given period, while a significant portion of nearby Amarr forces maintain no such commitment…

Well, I think you can see how this could be abused. As such, it’s not unreasonable to want confirmation that she speaks for all Amarr forces in the area, and isn’t asking for one side to disadvantage themselves in potentially fatal way.

Additionally, if hers are the only Amarr forces in the area, they could simply fall back. If the inhabitants are non-combatants, then there’s no need for anyone to conduct any shelling at all once her people leave, is there?

1 Like

It is indeed true that if hers were the only Amarr forces they should fall back instead, but given the situation, I can’t say if that is true as the fighting in the area is a hellscape.

As for the truce itself, I believe that was only meant for the area in and around East Hav, or Mining Settlement 45 if you prefer, as a planetwide truce would have been ludicrous to ask for and I do hope lady deSilvestris would agree. What I do know is that a lot of lives involuntary involved in this fighting have been moved out of the area of fighting and is being looked after by Lady Llyr

3 Likes

I would dearly know who writes your scripts for you. Their comedic value is doubtless the talk of a whole system of insalubrious and disreputable establishments. However, this is something that shall have to wait until a significant more important matter is dealt with. If you are exceptionally well-behaved I may given you a little hint as to why my orders rather disprove your outlandish theory - a word I use in its loosest sense - though it would be a shame to spoil your entertaining routine.

Speaking of a more important, indeed the most important matter, I am grateful to the efforts of Lady Liliana Llyr and Maira Blackfire, for prioritising the wellbeing and safety of innocent civilians. The evacuation should be completed swiftly. I am certain the inhabitants of East Hav are also extremely grateful and relieved at being blessed with such saviours. If the coming resumption of hosilities is to claim me, I shall have a Prayer on my lips for the both of you.

Aspirant Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris, Captain, deSilvestris Household Naval Infantry.

Amarr Victor

Sumus Silvestre

-0962 8569-

3 Likes

Obviously. Which is why the question is whether or not hers are the only forces in the vicinity of East Hav. If not, she needs to secure the commitment of her own side before going to her foes. If they are… then she can simply vacate the area, and eliminate the need for East Hav to be a conflict center in the first place.

1 Like

I don’t know if you have even been in the need for hunking down in one place while, the enemy has control of the skies, or simply just have you pinned. Vacating the area isn’t always an option ground war isn’t as simple as space

1 Like

Whether or not you find the duty of loyal Imperial subjects to inform the proper and glorious Imperial Authorities of possible deviance amusing in some flippant manner is of no matter so long as the duty is done.

Surely you are aware that it is not I that will make the final determination whether your mewling prostrations before the enemies of the Glorious Amarr Empire begging them for relief constitute treasonous defeatism and weakness. I’m sure you are very aware that it will certainly not be me - a simple loyal warrior for Her Glorious Imperial Majesty - who determines your retention of position and titles.

I of course take no pleasure in my duty to inform, but the duty must be done.

Informing the Ministry of Internal Order is something that should be done privately and within proper chains of command, not in a public grandstanding post by an individual who has no knowledge or connection to the events they are supposedly reporting upon.

Aspirant deSilvestris belongs to the Excubitoris Chapter of the Military Order of the Sacred Throne, if someone has an actual complaint about her behavior they should send it in private to her Chapter Master.

If they instead choose to grandstand in public about things they know little about, their opinion will be treated with all of the weight that their lack of respect for the Sacred Throne Order deserves.

-Lord Gaven Lok’ri
Chapter Master of the Excubitoris Chapter of the Sacred Throne Order
Divine Commodore of 24th Imperial Crusade
Holder of Lok’ri

7 Likes

I certainly do not have exalted positions and titles ensuring my loyalty in perpetuity, being as I’ve mentioned just a simple servant of the Empire.
As your Eminence’s vast inferior in all respects, I’m sure I must be incapable of understanding how a publicly-expressed desire to see loyalty to the manners of action that have made and kept the Glorious Amarr Empire great are wrong and “grandstanding”. I beg your Grace’s forgiveness.

I further beg your esteemed ChapterMasterness’ indulgence of my abject ignorance, but one small question troubles me somewhat; If, as your Lordship has said in the past, “the Amarr were chosen to be the heralds of a return to divine order”…why would you defend a very public desire for any commander to take actions not in keeping with that principle?

Lastly - and I thank my Lord for deigning to favour me by reading my base scribblings - I ask Your Eminence humbly what is their opinion on the Blessed Inquisition?

-your humble servant
a simple soldier of the Empire

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.