To the Commanders of the Matari Ground Forces on Floseswin IV

Only cowards hide behind ‘human shields’

5 Likes

I am grateful to your co-operation and your Humanity, Ms Blackfire. I also wish you a swift recovery.
I await Ms Aldeland’s confirmation of the terms, at which point we may agree a point of time from which the truce shall be in effect.
Ms Aldeland, if it is of assistance for your planning, the total number of non-combatative civilians who are to be evacuated is 658. The number includes eldery and infirm, as well as children including infants and one newborn (in good health, considering. One of my medical staff assisted in the delivery). There are sick and wounded also, numbering 152.
There is a transportation hub on the North side of the settlement. I believe this will be the most suitable place for your transports to arrive.

I acknowledge this assistance, and have done my utmost to prepare the locals for the evacuation. Godspeed and God Bless.
With Respect,
Aspirant Ekaterina Mariya deSilvestris, Captain, deSilvestris Household Forces.

She is asking honorable warriors from the position of being an unhonorable warrior. If Aldrich made this request the only reason I wouldn’t honor it would because as my soldiers are there in support of another PMC, who I doubt would accept an offer from him, I would deny due to unnecessary risks between our forces. We don’t shoot but others do would cause the deal to fail right from the get go.

Black calling black black.

Nonsence. I never troll people. I just show trolls their place.

If you are going to impugn my Honour, please do so directly to me. Perhaps you do not see facilitating the safety of civilians as an Honourable thing to do. Strange, as that is why I thought you and your people had charged to the apparent rescue. If you are simply here for the fight, then by all means, once the evacuation is complete, join us and we can discuss the matter on a personal level.

Or is your understanding of “Honourable” warfare indiscriminate weapons that kill without distinction?

Well then, at least you don’t file me under that category.

:wink:

You have little honor in my eyes. Your actual actions have been barely noticed by myself so I can only go on your words. With the examples posted in this thread earlier and a few after the fact I can only conclude that you have a hard time controlling your emotions. If you can not conduct yourself in a civil manner what claim do you have to honor? People who can not control their emotions are prone to acting irrationally, much like deciding to chase glory and land support for a conflict that is far removed from yourself just to score social points with House Sarum, Newell, ect.

When it fails you look for an easy way out by pulling at peoples heart strings, claiming humanitarian goals. Neglecting to acknowledge and trying to parry the fact when it was called out, your humanitarian aid is directed at those who were the aggressors in this conflict. THEY landed, THEY attacked, THEY enslaved. Why are you surprised that those who have been fighting won’t let you retreat by another name? If they were not aligned with the aggressors then they could simply get support from the winning side could they not? Whats more, why did House Sarum not have any contingency plans in place to rescue the innocent in the event things went poorly?

Well, I could have let it be a surprise couldn’t I have? No, I informed you (vaguely at best since you don’t know what they are, where they are deployed, ect. your welcome for the free intel. I have a carrier and dreadnought as well, equally as useful info, good luck finding them or figuring out what they are), someone who I feel the likelihood making a rash decision that would further escalate since they did not get the go ahead to retreat unabated, your future rash decisions will have consequences.

Any use of non conventional arms will be at the discretion and approval of Stormwinds PMC, the main force. Consider this my warning of counter escalation for when your emotions get the better of you. I have no intentions of using them without the consent of our allies. However we have other options on the table. They are there, they are ready to be deployed, don’t make me. Your humanitarian mission would be ruined otherwise right?

I guess us tribal dogs yelping have a bit of a bite when your running away from us, huh? Hope your enjoying being routed.

Rout /raʊt/: noun: a disorderly retreat of defeated troops.

I have asked my officers and they reliably inform me that none of my troops are either disorderly nor, indeed, retreating at all. We are still exactly where we were when I first made my request.

Mhmm… I too ask my opponents to let us evacuate unnecessary personnel and such when things are going well. If your forces had a handle on the situation you would not be asking for your opponents good will.

:roll_eyes:

I won’t let someone from a non-affiliated PMC lecture anyone here about ‘Honour’. Your Corporation and Alliance kill people on both sides of this conflict; it’s proven by the ships you destroy in space. You either won’t pick a side unless you’re getting paid, or you willingly fly with other Capsuleers that kill your own people. Either way, where is the Honour in that? You admit that anyone being protected by someone that you don’t like or respect will be killed, even if they are innocents and not involved with the fighting? Where is that Honour in that? You talk about using NBC weapons that you yourself brought, tell people openly that you will use them against civilians, and then won’t even take ownership of your own actions since you say that another PMC will make that decision for you? Where is the Honour in that? There IS no Honour in anything you have said, done, or threatened, and someone like you, that’s proven with their own words that they have no Honour, has no right to judge anyone else on the matter of Honour.

1 Like

If you want to start throwing the ‘questionable ally’ flag around, you’ll want to start a little closer to home, maybe.

3 Likes

Instead of arguing who is honorable and who is not, there is an easy solution: if you think you are honorable and you was insulted by a person whom you wish to show as dishonorable - challenge them to a duel.

If they agree, sort it out like adults without bringing that to forums, proving you both have honor.

If they won’t - they will prove their cowardice and dishonor, you might not prove your honor in that case, but for sure you will have merit calling them dishonorable, and claiming them calling you dishonorable is not merited.

2 Likes

Here we go again…

Its funny you say this since majority of our fleets have a large presence of U’k members, probably stemming from the fact the majority of our alliance’s existence has been spent enlisted in the TLF. As far as our corporation is concerned, seeing as it was founded by myself, a capsuleer who has spent the majority of my time in space enlisted in the TLF whether it be my early and middle days as part of The Hashashin Cartel, the time in between fighting along side the TLF with Scope Works in Huola, in Khushakor Clan or solo. The other founding member Tyrel, Came from U’K. Our bias is pretty unquestionable, our trail of contracts follow supporters of Our Republic. This current contract wasn’t even for money, it was pro bono for an ally of our alliance and a man I respect deeply. When we take a contract for the Empire, feel free to call us hypocrites. Our alliance is largely attending to issues on the corp level. Being actively engaged would hamper that.

So let me ask you now: Where is the honor in serving the same ideals and people, both directly and indirectly for the last 3 years as a group or 6 years solo? Or is unwavering support for a single entity not part of honor itself?

Something I never said, I said I would use them on her forces and anyone supporting her forces.

On another point, why do these civilians require rescue from a force that came to enslave them exactly? Love how this question has been ignored. If they came to the planet as missionaries they aren’t civilians, they aren’t innocent. If they were holders on a Matari planet… Ya, they probably weren’t there before this decree. If they sided with the invading force, they aren’t civilians, they are combatants. Who are these civilians shes rescuing?

Well, seeing as has already been stated: Our forces are in place to bolster another PMC. Directly interfering with the primary commanding officer’s plans, to say the least is not how a multi entity, organized fighting force works. One does not simply alter the conditions of fighting without considerations for their allies. I control my PMC’s assets, I do not control the theater.

What exactly have I done per say…?

Your absolutely right I’ve threatened an unpredictable opposing force with increased severity for their actions.

escalate [ es-kuh-leyt ]
to increase in intensity, magnitude, etc.: to escalate a war; a time when prices escalate.

Now, would you like to enlighten us all on why someone with zero actual capsuleer combat ship kills is more fitting to lecture about honor in regards to combat? What do you know of risk involving others lives? You don’t seem to grasp the concept much. You obviously don’t know your opponents that well since majority of the people viewing this know where NOT-X’s loyalties lie.

To her credit, Ekaterina at least seems to understand these concepts. If I didn’t feel she did I wouldn’t feel the need to actually apply resistance to the possibility of counter attack. If only she acted level headed in civil discourse…

1 Like

I believe I have stated already, but perhaps not. So, allow me to make this absolutely clear. The civilians to whom I am referring are the inhabitants of this settlement, trapped here after fighting began. deSilvestris Household Forces brought no civilian or non-combat personnel with them, and at no point have I requested an opportunity to evacuate my forces.

A small number of the inhabitants have, for their own reasons, decided to support my forces. They were neither bought nor coerced; it was a decision of their own volition. I have already discussed with them at length the consequences of their decision, namely that they will, from the point at which they joined their arms to ours, be viewed as combatants on the side of the Amarr Empire. They have accepted this consequence.

I also understand that another small group of locals, not supportive of, nor affilitated with deSilvestris, Sarum, or any other Amarr Force, are considering occupying a large administrative building on the East side of the settlement. I have attempted to disuade them from this course of action, but they are adamant that they are, and I quote, “sick of invaders, wherever they…come from”, and will defend their town, or their building at least. I have agreed to mutual avoidance with this group once the evacuation is underway. Following the hopefully successful conclusion of the evacuation, how any Minmatar forces choose to treat this group is entirely up to them. I, personally, would hope you leave them be, though they may be armed with very basic weapons, they are still only civilians, merely trying to defend what is left of their home.

Minmatar forces continue to sporadically shell East Hav. I am trusting that we can come to some sort of agreement soon, before there is no-one remaining to be evacuated.

2 Likes

Are your forces the only Amarr forces in the vicinity of East Hav, that you can assure everyone that it is not Amarr forces doing the shelling?

1 Like

Honestly thank you for the clarification, admittedly I was expecting either no response on my question or something to the effect of “think of the poor civilians, have you no heart” as an answer. I really do appreciate the detailed answer.

I do believe this to be the case, though you do have to understand the idea that an invading force with the defined goal of forcefully removing inhabitants against their will, It is not far fetched to believe that “we’re removing civilians who asked to be removed by us” is a hard argument to make never mind believe. Even if you did not initially come with combat in your mind, association and all that. I won’t question your motives, its a pointless battle and irrelevant for the most part to the matter at hand.

I don’t think I need to point this out as you did, they are combatants. This second part contradicts your first about not trying to evacuate enemy combatants. I believe justice is not an uncommon belief between us, justice should and will be served, unless you believe those who truly rebelled in Thebeka should have been allowed to leave unmolested when it was over. I doubt you’d agree with that notion, so you should understand my thoughts on that.

I would hope they would be left alone. I also know with the present situation, anyone with a gun across the field from an armed military would more than likely be seen as a combatant. Soldiers value their lives as much as anyone else. I can only hope for the best honestly, I personally am not on the field, nor are our own generals on the front lines.

I do somewhat question why a group willing to take up arms to repel invaders of any origin would request transport from the place they are willing to die for from those who look like the ones trying to forcefully pull them from that place.

That’s one point I can agree with you on. Artillery hasn’t been commonly used by my PMC’s forces since we didn’t land heavier equipment until air superiority was achieved. I’m not exactly thrilled about how liberally its been used but like I said before, my soldiers and equipment, not my theater.

And since some other readers don’t seem to understand what a counter escalation is,for clarity If your actually not going to push for some counter attack, risking the lives of my soldiers and your own. there is no reason to ensure you have no soldiers to threaten mine. I did not send my soldiers there to die, and I will do all I can to ensure they don’t.

Ms. Vess, you are right. I don’t know much about combat. I have not been fighting in Floseswin or anywhere else, and I don’t want to fight, anywhere. I hope that you don’t think less of that anyone that doesn’t want to kill others.

I try not to view anyone as an ‘opponent’, but I definitely get that some people will see me as one. Instead of fighting, I’d very much prefer to try to lead rescue and relief efforts, which I have done on multiple occasions in more than just the Empire.

I try to help people that need it whether they are in combat zones or due to natural disasters, and I try to either return them safely to their homes when it’s safe, or if that’s not possible, then I try to relocate them to wherever they would like to be delivered. I do this regardless of their nationality or allegiances.

Lastly, I will publicly state that you are right. I don’t know you, and because of that, I should not have questioned your honour, no matter how angry this whole situation makes me. For that, I publicly apologise.

1 Like

Not being a fighter is far from a bad thing, It is definitely more honorable than simply killing those who oppose you. Think of it this way, where diplomacy fails combat ensues. People like myself and many who have spoken up here take it upon ourselves to try and end that. Diplomacy by other means, I guess. Its a different set of variables. That’s why I questioned what you know about literally putting your crew in a dangerous situation you can’t guarantee they will survive. Its something combat pilots, and yes even mercenaries weigh out on a daily basis. It is a more specialized logical dilemma not all who have honor have to ponder. The pen is mightier than the sword until it runs out of ink, which it will eventually. Its not something I’m a fan of admitting but its a reality we all must face.

Don’t apologize, but do ask yourself why anyone says anything. Motives are written between the lines, not in plain sight.

1 Like

The person you’re so stoutly defending is on record as repeatedly referring to human beings—including ones you’ve flown with and whom you call friends—as “dogs”. She has yet to atone for that perspective while begging those very same people for mercy and cooperation.

If you wish to talk about honor, Lady Liliana, I suggest you start much closer to home.

Begging the enemies of the glorious Empire for respite is heretical weakness. May you be corrected quickly.

1 Like