Transition

Royally Screwed

For ■■■■ sake Snowflake! Geana exploded on viewing the latest GalNet post.

“Trouble?” Winter surmised smugly.

“Yes.” Her brow creased in thought. “Right, well, your not going anywhere.”

“So I remain your prisoner?” she said raising her cable bound wrists.

“You remain under suspicion of treason to the Federation.”

“I’m no traitor.”

“No? Just to Snowflake then?”

“She is not the Federation and not nearly as pure as she would have you believe.”

“Really? How’s that?”

“I’ve seen her expend Order finances in some of the cluster’s most exclusive nightclubs. She does not merit the leadership position he holds.”

Laughter. “Is that all?” a heart-beats pause. “Merit eh? How Caldari of you.”

“Some of the clusters finest innovators. I would be proud to be listed amongst them.”

“You went against Snowflake’s wishes to affiliate with Biosecurity Responders when there are any number of respectable Federal institutions you could have applied to, even Serpentis would have been a better choice. Why?”

“I enjoy the use of their equipment.”

“Oh no, wait, your not even enlisted, you’re just a hollow suit, a pretender to stolen valor?”

“I would not say that.”

“What are you playing at Winter, this isn’t a game. Caldari targeted my clones for subversion. Snowflake and River have been under strict scrutiny and I am tarred with the same brush. Now this.” She said gesturing to the cloned portable neocom still displaying Snowflake’s GalNet post.

“What has she done?”

“Posted some nonsense about Gallente Royals, but there is real influence there that’s better left to lie.” Geana’s concern seemed genuine.

“■■■■-it there’s no way back, I’ll just have to press-on on my own.”

“You should have taken my hand in good faith, not anger. I can help you.”

“Well, I’ve not got much choice now have I. We’d be lucky if Null takes us after this.”

“So, I’m free?” Another futile lift of the wrists.

"I don’t know what I’m going to do with you you slippery ■■■■■. Keep an eye on you that’s for sure.