Update on EvE Aquarium

So far I’ve added 20 fish. Everything is looking great! Tell me what you guys think!

7 Likes

Brilliant! The roid miners are kind of hilarious too. Can the fish go in the hole in the roid for shelter/a quiet spot?

2 Likes

I think that the blue light sucks visually and it’s bad for the eyes physically as well.
I would love to see enough to marvel at your aquarium, but it’s all just ■■■■■■■ blueish!

Use proper full spectrum light, or at least drop the blue.

did i mention blue already? :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: nice effort. well done, seriously!

4 Likes

Yes, some of the rocks have swim baths for the fish to hide!

3 Likes

How did you make the roids look suspended in space like that? (I’m an aquarium guy-- 55 and 90 gal planted tanks).

3 Likes

@yellow_parasol, hope this works for you! I removed some items from the tank for cleaning. Am not home at the moment due to work. I plan to add a few things here and there. Will keep updating as project continues!

6 Likes

Those fish look ready to form-up.

Good work by the way.

6 Likes

damn, this is ■■■■■■■ amazing! :smiley:
you should produce and sell these! :smiley:

(and really, ditch the blue. it hurts the eyes)

4 Likes

My brain tells me to imagine the fish are drones :smiley:

5 Likes

@Khergit_Deserters, I used monofilament fishing line. The pieces in the tank are anchored to the bottom under the substrate. I always been a fan of aquariums. Especially aqua-scapes. This is however my first tank as an adult. I had one about 2 decades ago as a teenager. I’m not a pro, just a visionary!

1 Like

@Xandar_Dice, the fish imitating drones and rats was the idea! Thanks for that!

3 Likes

Make a combat one! With LASERS!

Edit Because of excitement: Very good job. Gives me a few ideas for my sand boa environment.

3 Likes

@StonerPhReaK, as of right now, my plan is to recreate a scene from EVE maybe once a year.

2 Likes

Yeah, the blue LEDs looked space-like, but it looks much more beauteous (IMO) with the full spectrum light. The fish probably like that more too.

3 Likes

I have to admit to some disappointment there. I was hoping it was anti-gravity or something. :frowning:

I love the look of the tank. It’s a cool idea and I can’t deny wanting to make one myself.

Where did you get the models from, or did you build them yourself?

Great work!

1 Like

I love it!! :purple_heart:

1 Like

I can tell this isn’t a goon op, because there aren’t three dozen Rorquals crammed into that tank. :grin:

1 Like

Surprisingly good looking with this upper lighting in second image.

Looks somewhat like scenery for next alien film. :thinking:

1 Like

@Essq, the models were 3D printed!