Upwell Structures, and Corporate / Alliance Purpose

when i dropped my structure, i had a 462/day requirement with out service/rigs. I think its been changed.

after anchoring the station you are in “low power mode” until they obtain fuel, etc.

No, you are incorrect. This is because you had installed a service. Only an active Service consumes Fuel. I’m starting to believe you may not fully understand how structures operate.

Yes, they are already in “Low Power Mode”. I’m not sure what you are asking. This is already part of the game.

No, this was the base rate, our total rate after modules were around 750. It seems to have been changed maybe?

You said they anchor it and dont do anything, i said if they had to fuel it, then it’d be fixed.

At any rate, even i am mistaken, they should have a base rate to stop this

Again, no. It has not.

But why would this change actually do anything to stop the spam? Because, once again, these structures don’t do anything, so the bonuses you are suggestion won’t matter. People will anchor them and leave them there. They won’t care if they get a Tax or Clone cost reduction. They won’t care if it doubles in Fuel cost (because 2x0 is still 0).

So how do your suggestions actually achieve what you are claiming they will?

I think you should double check this, but even my corp member mentioned “there is start uo fuel costs”. Ill leave it at that, as it seems to be a point not worth arguing about and is just detracting from the idea out right.

You already asked that. I already answer this by saying “because if all stations cost a min of 500m/month and did not by default make isk, they would be a waste of time to spam”.

To be clear, they need to be “upgraded” (see other thread for this part of the idea) or rigged (in which case i’d advocate for x2-3 fuel consumption rates) to “be profitable”.

Ie, stations would cost money to run, and would not themselves generate isk, but instead, would generate income for the members by the benefits their provide (for example, by getting an extra 10% minerals due to better then npc refine rates).

spamming stations at 500m/month would just eat up isk.

So I anchor my structure and decide not to pay the 500m ISK per month (which is incredibly tiny, btw).

What happens then?

This would turn them into “isk sinks” effectively.

But if I don’t pay the 500m ISK, how is this a sink?

The ring is inactive until full power. The station should get a timer for 15 days, and should blow up if it dos not get fuel in that time (or runs out and is not fueled for that period).

the 500m is the fuel cost rate i am suggesting (maybe more?)

Why is it 15 days?
What happens if I unanchor it and then just re-anchor it again 29 days later?
What if I don’t want to fuel it (because it doesn’t have a Service installed)?

just a random number i picked now, should be short though.

cannot unanchor in low power mode, fixes it.

If i am wrong, and it does not have a fuel rate at current for just the station, add one. set it to something like 650 blocks a day.

Without service modules, there is no fuel cost to run a structure. These ‘start up costs’ refer to flipping on a service module. When activated, a service module will consume 3 days worth of fuel. This startup cost is listed with the other module attributes.

At this point it seems like you’re just coming up with random bandaids to patch holes in a poorly constructed idea.

So again, what happens if I just decide not to put fuel into it? Sure, it demands 650 blocks, but I’m still not fueling it, what happens then?

scroll up. dont troll.

You must not be paying attention. I’m not trolling, I’m asking questions that you are not answering.

^ this question was asked, and has been answered, your definitely trolling.

You simply said “Set it to something like 650 blocks a day”.

But what if I don’t fuel it?

Just to entertain the idea itself:

• a structure will have a decay timer (in days, checks every DT) and a daily upkeep fuel cost.
  • for every day that structure is not fueled decay timer advances and if it runs out structure is automagically decommissioned.
  • every day that it is fueled the decay timer is extended/restored by 1 (day) up to a max (15 days? 1 month?).
  • structure cannot be unanchored with decay in progress - you have to restore it to max.

Something like this? Will surely get rid of tons of structures.
And a bonus:

• have a 1% chance for fully decayed structure to turn into a Drone Hive (rogue drone F.O.B.).
1 Like

Okay so on one side he wants to stop citadel spamming and on the other hand he wants every citadel to have a market module.

What he’s trying to do is finding a sneaky way of causing a situation where citadels do not need to be shot at anymore, to make his “vision” of a non-consensual-pvp-free highsec a reality.