[UserScript] Avatar Size & Sub-Category Adjustment

Another Update: Yay, the update interface on the forums works again! Thanks to everyone involved in the fix! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personally I still get the real-time ‘new reply’ notices. These scripts here don’t really touch anything but the stylesheets which wouldn’t have any effect on that; but it’s possible that the addon itself is conflicting with something.

Can’t say since I haven’t had the issue myself.

There are some other addons that you can try that accept userscripts; granted I haven’t tested in those addons; but you can still give them a try and see if maybe it will resolve it for you; GreaseMonkey is one of them.

Edit: I see you got it resolved yourself, so disregard. :grin:

2 Likes

If you’re using one of the original version I made, it does use the drifter pictures. All you need to do is update it with the current version and you should have the drone picture. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Solved. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting. Didn’t really consider making a circle version. Personally I hated the circle portraits all together. :grin: Glad you got it figured out. Looks good.

3 Likes

While the circle portraits are nice, I prefer the square ones since it shows the whole original portrait that was created in Character Customization.

Also I changed the size in the script to 140x140 which makes it just a tad bit larger, making it easier to view.

4 Likes

Exactly. I like the full avatar. :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

you guys for real?

1 Like

The default character avatars on forum without script changed from default 90 px to 45 px? :thinking:

I had to replace 90 with 45 for avatar script to work.

$(window).on("load resize scroll",function(e){
    var imagelist = Array.from(document.getElementsByTagName('img'));
    imagelist.forEach(function(element) {
        element.src = element.src.replace("/45/", "/240/");
1 Like

Can’t believe I’ve been using forums for almost a year without this. This script makes a nice QOL adjustment to forum viewing.
Thank you @Erika_Mizune (if you are still in EvE…well…thanks regardless)

All this time later…CCP…?

2 Likes

Oh, I’m still in Eve. :yum:

No problem at all! I’m just happy that my little script helps others and makes the forums more friendly. :blush:

It would be nice for CCP to make this an option vs having to go throulgh this route. :frowning: Maybe one day! :grin:

4 Likes

Never not like a post by Erika Mizune, savior of our large squareness!

2 Likes

Daw thank you :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Don’t know if @Erika_Mizune is still active or if anyone else can help but there seems to be a problem with the Forum Portal script.

Whenever the forum page changes, the Portal Icon no longer appears next to the character portrait in the top right corner of the header.

However when the page is reloaded, the Portal Icon is back active.

The Portal Icon stays active while browsing various sub-forums, it disappears when you open / reply to a thread. Reloading / refreshing the page will display the Portal Icon again.

Anyway, this issue is more of an inconvenience / nuisance, hopefully it can be easily fixed.

Also for some reason the original generic icon for discobot is now being displayed. It no longer displays the Drone icon and I haven’t changed the script.

@Nana_Skalski @Uriel_Paradisi_Anteovnuecci @Vortexo_VonBrenner

Just wondering if any of you still have the User Scripts working, for some reason mine stopped working and I’d like to get them active again, these forums are much more user friendly with the scripts enabled.

// ==UserScript==
// @name         Eve Avatar/Sub-Category Adjustment (120x120)
// @namespace    erika-mizune-eve-forum-avatar-adjustment-120
// @version      1.0
// @description  Resize forum avatars and readjust subcategory layout
// @author       Erika Mizune
// @match        https://forums.eveonline.com/*
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

/*jshint multistr: true */

$('head').append(
    '\
<style>\
span.subcategory { display: table-row !important; }\
.topic-avatar img.avatar { height: 140px; width: 140px; border-radius: 0; }\
.topic-avatar { width: 140px !important; }\
section.embedded-posts.bottom .topic-avatar img.avatar { height: 45px; width: 45px; border-radius: 50%; }\
section.embedded-posts.bottom .topic-avatar { width: 45px !important; }\
section.embedded-posts.top .topic-avatar img.avatar { height: 45px; width: 45px; border-radius: 50%; }\
section.embedded-posts.top .topic-avatar { width: 45px !important; }\
#user-card .user-card-avatar { float: left; margin-right: 10px; margin-top: -25px; }\
#user-card .user-card-avatar img.avatar { border-radius: 0 !important; }\
#user-card h2.username { visibility: hidden; margin-top: -30px; }\
span.second.username { visibility: hidden; }\
</style>\
'
);

$(window).on("load resize scroll",function(e){
    var imagelist = Array.from(document.getElementsByTagName('img'));
    imagelist.forEach(function(element) {
        element.src = element.src.replace("/45/", "/240/");
    });
    var botimg = Array.from(document.getElementsByTagName('img'));
    botimg.forEach(function(element) {
        element.src = element.src.replace("https://discourse-cdn-sjc1.com/eveonline/user_avatar/forums.eveonline.com/discobot/240/99_1.png", "https://discourse-cdn-sjc1.com/eveonline/uploads/default/original/2X/9/94fc4dd8ad6f71870b31e9987feea8171438af31.png");
    });
var botimgsmall = Array.from(document.getElementsByTagName('img'));
    botimgsmall.forEach(function(element) {
        element.src = element.src.replace("https://discourse-cdn-sjc1.com/eveonline/user_avatar/forums.eveonline.com/discobot/240/99_1.png", "https://discourse-cdn-sjc1.com/eveonline/uploads/default/original/2X/9/94fc4dd8ad6f71870b31e9987feea8171438af31.png");
    });
var botimgmed = Array.from(document.getElementsByTagName('img'));
    botimgmed.forEach(function(element) {
    });
});

Its entire script.
I use Tampermonkey 4.9.6095 2019-11-15
And Firefox 71.0 (64 bit)
Dont know if it works elsewhere.

If it doesnt work with this setup. I think it may be something else blocking scripts for browser. Or the script was turned off.

EDIT: well it worked until I wanted to show the avatar picture using function show the picture in the right click menu in Firefox. Now it doesnt work. :thinking:

Dont know why…

EIDT 2: Now it works, but in Opera. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I had to use Opera, in Opera it works ok. There is Tampermonkey for Opera too.

I actually use Opera for some time, and resigned from Firefox entirely, only used to check if it works because I had Tampermonkey with script installed there, and it didnt. Its worse for me than Opera honestly.

1 Like

Yeah, I have Win 10 with Firefox 71.0

Most of the scripts were working fine til last night. I was in-game and had my browser open but minimized to task bar and when I pulled it up, the browser flashed black and then came back with the scripts no longer working.

I’m just a user, not a programmer. So since you say it still works on Opera but no longer on Firefox, maybe it’s due to a recent update to Firefox?

I downloaded Opera and most of the scripts are working. Still have the issue with the Forum Portal disappearing when accessing a different page in the forums, however refreshing the page displays it again.

Firefox must have implemented an update that killed TamperMonkey scripts. Anyway, thanks for looking into it and letting me know about Opera browser, guess that will be my Eve Browser now. Currently adding all Eve related sites to it.

:slightly_smiling_face:

I think Tampermonkey update on Firefox may repair it, but it will probably take some time for Tampermonkey creator.

1 Like