[UserScript] Avatar Size & Sub-Category Adjustment

Excellent work !!!

:star_struck:

I downloaded the addon and applied all the scripts. These forums are now much more user friendly and actually look a lot better.

Thank you very much for sharing that info.

DMC

2 Likes

@Erika_Mizune for some reason the discobot portrait is still showing the original generic picture for me, not the Drone picture you have listed in the OP.

DMC

1 Like

Unfortunately sometimes it doesn’t load right away. Does it change as you browse around? I have three different triggers set so it should trigger even if not right away.

2 Likes

Also since the new forums have moved to the ‘forums’ domain, the scripts need to be adjusted, which is easy to do. Just open up each script and change the ‘match’ line (#7) from ‘meta’ to ‘forums’ so that it works properly on the new domain.

I’ll get this updated as soon as I can in the pastebins. RL has been hectic, so I haven’t been on the forums much lately. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

No, discobot is still showing the same old generic portrait, even after scrolling / browsing around, I checked it in the LAGL thread where there was a lot of discobot requests.

However everything else is working just fine.

DMC

1 Like

Discobot adress have to be changed too, there is “meta” and have to be changed to “forum”.

2 Likes

Ah yes that would do it if it uses a meta.* url. I’ll have a look and adjust the paste bins later. Have some errands to do and I’m heading out the door in a minute.

3 Likes

Thanks for this, everyone is square again :rainbow:

2 Likes

Ahh, that seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks, discobot now has the Drone portrait.

:slightly_smiling_face:

DMC

1 Like

@discobot fortune

Discobot, have you updated your adresses from meta. to forums. ?

1 Like

:crystal_ball: Outlook good

3 Likes

All the pastebins are now updated to the updated URL’s. Let me know by posting if there’s any issues. :slight_smile: Sorry for the delay! :grin:

3 Likes

Very nice! One question, is there a way I could change the portraits to have the circular frame they have by default? I like the full-sized portraits, but I’d also like to see how it looks retaining the frame~

Real nice stuff, again thanks a bunch :slight_smile:

1 Like

I gave it a shot, but I have little experience with this stuff & there ends up being a floating circular outline above the portrait haha
ircle

EDIT: I figured it out actually, I just removed the padding at the top - these are how my lines for .topic-avatar img.avatar and .topic-avatar look now:

.topic-avatar img.avatar { height: 120px; width: 120px; border-radius: 50%; padding-top: 0px;}\
.topic-avatar { width: 120px !important;  border-radius: 50%; padding-top: 0px;}\
2 Likes

Thank you so much for this script, @Erika_Mizune! I applied it and it works wonderfully. \o/

I only got a little request: Please provide some instructions on how to change Discobot avatar. I really like the drone pic that @Nana_Skalski made (awesome work, thank you), but present time it has the drifter faces.

I have zero experience with code so I would love to use some guide. :slight_smile:

Overall - excellent script! Well done!

2 Likes

Ok, so I made a small change, making the portraits larger but circular (which seems to match the aesthetic of the new forums better):

Grab this one at: https://pastebin.com/8pEGRUy0 - it’s just what Erika posted, plus the bit to make the portraits have their round frame and remove the topside padding~

3 Likes

That works and looks better, thank you, @Uriel_Paradisi_Anteovnuecci!

It really helped to be able to see how square portraits fit with the new design, and I felt a little uncomfortable with it although I thought it would be better. Really good to have some options. I guess it is up to personal preferences.

And the Discobot image is the correct drone one, yay!

A little correction: When you click on an avatar to see the character info, it still displays a square portrait. Would be nice if it is round too. :wink:

EDIT: Figured that out, just changed the line from

#user-card .user-card-avatar img.avatar { border-radius: 0 !important; }\

to

#user-card .user-card-avatar img.avatar { border-radius: 50% !important; }\

and it WORKED! Wow! I have never done stuff like this before, feels so awesome! I just hope I didn’t break anything…

:slight_smile: :rocket:

3 Likes

UPDATE: So I used the forums for some time, with the modified Avatar Size script along with the other script that enables corp/alliance info when clicking on a character to see their info. I noticed something strange.

It seems that when using the scripts (that both are run using Tampermonkey) a bug appears when staying on the forums front page. On the top, where it shows how many new articles have popped and how many unread topics you have, it seems that it doesn’t update in real time and it doesn’t show how many unread topics you have. Figured that out when I clicked on the Unread section and it actually showed me some topics while at the same time it didn’t show the number of unread topics in brackets, before I click it.

I made some experiments, switched the scripts off and checked if the issue will persist. It did. Then I switched off the entire Tampermonkey. The issue seemed to have been resolved, however there are still some minor problems with updating the info in the brackets that shows how many new and unread topics you have.

I wonder: Is there some issue with the scripts or Tampermonkey altogether, and is there some other issue with the forums that cause the problem and amplify it when using scripts?

Anyone else been having these problems?

1 Like

I’ve seen a couple of threads posted about that issue but I don’t think it’s related to these scripts. I’m more inclined to think it’s an issue on CCP’s side.

1 Like

Yes, quite possible. I still have the issue even when Tampermonkey is deactivated. The update interface was working pretty fine yesterday but not today.

1 Like