What do you miss about Eve that is now gone?

Oh-oh I need to share something I miss as I created a new account…

CCP being a game creation company instead of a money grabbing company

Here is the mail I got today:
----snip—
Greetings Cash Cow,

Now that you’ve been a Capsuleer in New Eden for 5 days, you can start planning how you’ll get ahead and catch up with skills trained, wealth earned, the ships you can buy and fit, and - importantly - the activities in which you can take part and enjoy!

By purchasing the Bronze Pack from [EVE Online’s secure webpage] for $9.99, you’ll get 250,000 Skill Points which you can immediately apply towards the completion of any skills you currently have training in your queue! This is especially valuable for Alpha Clone State pilots who normally train at half the speed of Omega pilots.

The Bronze Pack will also give you 60 PLEX, which you can use to buy Daily Alpha Injectors if in Alpha Clone State, meaning a further significant boost to your skill training, giving you access to better ships and modules sooner. You can also sell the PLEX on the in-game market and use the millions of ISK you’ll get to buy better modules and equipment for your ships, increasing the effectiveness of the activities you want to take part in!

In addition, purchasing the Bronze Pack will allow you to stand out from the New Eden crowd by customizing your character and selected ships using the SOE Expeditionary suits and ship SKINs from each of the four great Empires, respectively.
—snap—

And this is the email I got when I started 10 years ago:
—snip—
Valued Rookie,

Sitting inside a pod somewhere in the massive universe of New Eden is a pilot anxious to fly again, even if their last excursion was just moments before you started reading this. Their thoughts wander, dreaming about the adventures that wait just outside the hangar gates. There is a fortune to be had, if only he could check the market or move some goods between the stations. There are wars to be waged, for both personal gain and the greater benefit of the corporation or faction. There, just beyond the common space lanes, are wormholes and the unknown with secrets waiting to be uncovered.

Let us help you help your pilot.

We’ve included links to some of the resources to help answer common questions and to help make your trial experience just that much more engaging. Read through them, prepare yourself for adventure and go blow a few things up in space. See where your journey leads you in the award-winning space-based MMO, EVE Online.

Discover what’s new in EVE Online - as you browse the features list of the dozen expansions released over the 7+ years of EVE Online’s continuous growth.

Download the EVE Career Guide (55Megs), a full-illustrated guide to major professions in EVE, common ships used and suggestions on how to equip them.

Visit the New Pilot Page at EVElopedia, the official EVE Online wiki, filled with information on game basics and links to common questions.

Watch video tutorials on YouTube. The scanning and planetary interaction tutorials open doors to new content that even the newest of players can dive into.
—snap—

Notice the subtle (!) difference in communications?

I do :frowning:

25 Likes