What is the future of this game

It was already totally free .
The only difference between my suggestion and the current status
Is ship is rent only and buy off .
If people only sub to play ship , I couldn’t imagine how rich people are this day waste that much money,

The Omega subscription isn’t just for ships. There’s a lot you can’t do without Omega. Cloaks, PI, Research, Invention, Ice Mining, and L4 missions, just to name a few…

3 Likes

its a sub to play the game

And its outdated and should be remove . It did harms but no good by greatly reducing the player base and potential revenue

Thus what im suggesting is , remove the ship sub only status . change it to sub once free forever .
While keeping other benefits sub only .

Why not just make a reddit post then Saying “Please remove Omega requirement from ship’s I have already payed for by injecting skills into.”

Keep it simple.

As that is what you really want, if you say please change your whole monetization to a free to play model everyone will just laugh at you but if you say what I said at the top they might take you more seriously.

It’s like me walking into your house and saying your house is outdated you need to break it down and rebuild, instead of saying hey maybe you need solar panels on the roof now because fuel and power is becoming and issue big difference in not only tact but respect.

Because I have rubbish English …

Also reddit won’t accept a warthunder player , that suggest separate console from desktop player because console get aim assist through wall and get down voted to oblivion by console player .

Get a job. Problem solve.

1 Like

Simply no , if i have a job I won’t play video game , there are simply no time for it .

Find a video game tester job then you can do both. :wink:

Already occupied , its more competitive then being a youtuber .
As competitive as it is , I highly doubt I would still “have fun” by doing this job .
I am a computer science degree holder ,
Such career requires immense amount of self learning ,
Which would gives you no time at playing video game at all .

The few reasons this game appealed to me is

• only few clicks required with alt tab during work
  • Space and future is cool

But will I pay ? no , not for monthly subscription , too much ,
But if they finally allow you to buy off the license to drive a ship you own , finally , not in monthly fee ,
Then I will pay and
actually have fun .

Can you imagine if you had what you where asking and CCP made you buy Omega unlock certificates for every single ship in the game costing plex.

CCP would be happy but everyone would be poor.
Omega per month is cheaper.

Imagine CCP charged 200plex to unlock one ship, there are 250 around ships in eve that’s 50 000 plex to unlock every ship which comes to $649.99 = 20k plex you would need 2.5 of these packs.
650x2.5 = $1625
If you buy omega in 3 month packs its $16 per month,
1625/16 = 101.5 months. Or 8 and a half years. And that’s only ship’s never mind t2 modules or skill’s.

Be careful what you ask for or it might spiral out of control.

In a long run , certificates will always be cheaper than the monthly subscription and it doesn’t take finger to count , just use logic will do .

Price wise I would say , a certificate per ship should be slightly expensive than the monthly subscription but that’s it . I would say that’s a fair deal .

Plus its not like I would use all those ship at once anyway , so I prefer buy what I want , not forced to buy all in a bundle .And thats what makes my suggested pay model “smart” and “efficient”

Basically OP wants the game for free or a set price and done (Guild Wars works that way, so does ESO) It is okay to wish things were cheaper, easier to have, to buy. Not exactly realistic.

I have said this before but it bears repeating. I have met a lot of devs at CCP, over the years. Been in their offices. Even met some of their families, kids. So I will readily admit a bias in this regard. But the game has lasted this long as a subscription model. Saying other games have other billing methods is fine but this is the one CCP has chosen, for better or worse. I have been playing for over 13 years and, in the years I paid, subbed in three month increments. I do not, and this is the key, I do NOT begrudge them a single cent.

You differ, you want more of the game for less cost. A natural thing to wish for but if I were you? I would not hold my breath.

m

5 Likes

Making games cheaper is crucial to increase the player base .
The pay model of this game has changed for several times and its for reason .
To increase the player base .

If you want to maximize the profit before this game meet its demise , this is the payment method to go .

Yes , I differ , I provide suggestion and the reason to change .

Changing the payment method I would say game can live 20 more years

But without the change , less than 10 years

Nope making games better is crucial to increasing the player base. There is tons of cheap games 1000’s on steam.

2 Likes

I started typing a response to this… then gave up! lol

I can’t say anything that’s not already been said and it wouldn’t make any difference.

1 Like

Game is already very good
And nope no matter how good your game is , how better and perfect it is .
Customer wallet won’t suddenly filled with money .
There just that exact amount of customer at that price .

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.