What is the future of this game

You are not even reading,

Im pointing out FPS game as an example that ,

Player must exploit thing and it is devs job to deal with it , not that punish player money so no more exploit . Thats not how thing should be .

You are not thinking logically I did not point out fps becuase you said it I pointed out FPS becuase They did an FPS called “dust 514” which they didn’t even make on the same platform as eve.

we are talking about pay model . and FPS is an example
I don’t care how they implement god knows what FPS on what .

Im talking about FPS and all game has exploit and it is dev job to deal with ,
It should not be deal with by asking more player money .

Yes and pay model depends on how big the target audience is and if you can have an fps join onto eve you increase the target audience which opens up a different pay model to transition the entire company.

The reason this game gives you small audience base delusion is because the poorly design pay model ,

that with high potential payment to afford playing this game stop people from investing time and have fun in this game .

My suggestion is simply keep the omega buff on skill training and all .

But please , for the love of god , remove the omega required status to fly ship or skill . It is just a joke and is a complete sell out on exploiting player ,

That player would only want to pay more cause they already pay some to begin with . Its outrageous and Im more than happy to quit before that cycle get in my way and you should too . You wouldn’t believe your bill after evaluating how much OMEGA cost accumulate on a single game .

Invest into a 3 month subscription (which is as much as I used to pay for other games like FIFA or Starcraft II), do the ISK grinding, and get OMEGA via Plex (and don’t pay real money any more).
BTW, FIFA you’ve to pay annually.
Or play something else, just do what you want. If you want to change the rules, go buy CCP and be in charge and responsible for what you do.

2 Likes

Really ? I have to own the company if I want them to accept my critics ? Look , Im not forcing them to do it , Im merely giving them suggestion and how it should works out . If you think rejecting critics with such reason would improve your product , go ahead .

And you are willing to pay games like FIFA ? lol yea , sure thing its your money what can i say .

But my money is my money , Im telling what this company could do to earn more of my money , Take it not take it , its their choice . NOT YOURS .

So what worked for 19 yrs suddenly doesn’t anymore?

2 Likes

Game change over time .

I’m not saying its not working ,

It worked but completely inefficient and didn’t maximize the revenue and player experience ,

Such pay method as mentioned above , stop people from actually paying while further reduce the playerbase .

Didn’t maximize revenue and player experience .

Short sighted I might say so but ok if this is what eve dev team are looking for .

Game has many people flood in due to free 2 play implementation
But why playerbase didn’t stay ?
Obviously pay model is one of the reason .

So much potential wasted .

Here ,
Keep the Omega offer , that gives you training time shorten , blah blah blah
But add in a product .

Omega license , buy once , allow you to drive omega status required ship forever ,

Maybe then part of the player base that dropped may come back

Edit this post got flagged for being offensive. So let me try to hit the major bullet points without the snark.

For the life of me, I cannot comprehend how you can give players two ways to play for free (play as alpha or plex account), and they’ll still complain like you’re doing them dirty. Players these days…

Look, if CCP does switch to a one time purchase thing, it won’t be the end of it. Players will pay, one way or another -whether that be through the introduction of P2W, P2E, loot boxes, data mining, ads, intentionally designed pain points that encourage microtransactions, or something else. CCP is going to get their money. And, I’d rather pay a sub, than deal with whatever BS they implement in order to make up for the lost sub revenue.

Also, can I has your stuff?

3 Likes

There’s tons of suggestions of people who are not in charge. If it doesn’t work, it just cost them a shrug, so I suggest being in charge and responsible for the outcome of your suggestions to make your suggestions more realistic.
Do you really think they will change a two decade running game with thousands of regularly paid subs for some other people who say they might play longer if it’s a one term charge?

This would mean no payment any more from any active player. Did you ever think about that?

1 Like

Not quite ,
Many games has in game economy , that the money is print by players to name a few
escape from tarkov
Black desert

Both don’t need a monthly sub to keep games economy healthy .

Over supply will not happens , because increased player base mean increased demand .

And then there is the stop whining thing , Im not whining , Im suggesting .
And im not low on isk , stop promoting it
Im not self centered , Im merely explain the situation with the player stat .

I did leave and uninstall and won’t come back unless they make the necessary changes , that you don’t need to concern .

Yes I think they should
“thousands of regularly paid subs” is an overstatement , I don’t have the exact number , But it has becomes clear that the activity in the game has significantly lowered in recent years and I would say this trend will continue since this game require player activity to stay alive .

Plus , like other comment suggest , such pay method only encourage people to be “alpha enjoyer” while keep people away from omega with the reason i mentioned ,

after all whats the point of buying omega when all omega do is allowing you to earn ISK quicker with the rentable ship . That just doesn’t make sense , that you can only rent ship not buy off (don’t play word with me here , omega required status makes you impossible to actually own and fly) a ship .

Gives alpha player access to omega ship after they bought once omega .
Maybe then the market can be more alive , more people can fly around with various omega ship instead of the dull stock ship .

Im not asking much “free stuff” here , Im just asking them makes game more interesting by removing some constraint .

I know I’ve said it a thousand times on here, but it bears repeating. Alphas. Give 'em an inch, and they’ll take a mile…

1 Like

Such a shame then , maybe you should just gate keep the game to yourself , maybe then the game is fun , forget it , completely wipe off alpha player base , make this game sub only , then you will realize how much the player base shrink .

Pretty sure game was almost dead , that is only after they release alpha , the game has a chance to survive . But hey , you do you .

Because as far as i can see , game is once again shrinking as alpha player gets bored on their stock ship and won’t buy omega cause , ship is renting for omega , not buying .

That’s just wrong and misleading.
The ship is still yours, but you have to refresh your license and pay for the use of infrastructure. So this is not renting, that’s keeping the shiny car safe and warm in the garage in winter time, and enjoy driving the convertible in summer, paying taxes and tolls as soon as you have to. Isn’t that unfair as you have already paid a fortune for the car itself?

We’re pretty used to these “EVE is dying” claims, for years, even decades.
Most of these telling we’re all wrong were not happy with the rules they’ve just learned about. Do you even realize you are right now arguing in the Kindergarten of the EVE forums?

1 Like

If only ccp never strayed from that

3 Likes

Logic doesn’t work on this guy no point trying. He does not realize that the sub actually makes the game better, could it come down in cost? Yes for sure but not become totally free.

1 Like

Which , by the history of this game . They did the alpha thing to actually save the game from completely almost non existence player activity . So if ccp never strayed from sub only , games already dead . So that’s gives you the approximate direction , on how it works