Why do you call it "content"?

Is this you being passive aggressive again?

4 Likes

Was a clarification.

Could be taken as passive aggression, but for me it was a statement of finality to my reply to you on this subject.

I find it even more amzing that,in the light of the sell to PA , some people still stuck to this nonsense “Eve is a pvp game” dogma.

In,let’s say 1 year PA will be finished to rebuilt this game into a status that will openly show how ridiculous this dogmatic statement is.

PVP paradise is over…

I did take it as that.
I’m also well familiar with the tendency of some Englishmen to weaponize politeness, especially via passive aggressiveness. That’s a cultural preference not inherent in the English language itself, nor proficiency in it.

The EVEgame box doesnt get shut, or put away, when you log off.
It persists, and all actions taken as “play”, as you call it, change the content in the game for every other player.

Willing to take a bet? I say in 1 year today it is still perfectly possible to suicide gank in highsec.

1 Like

If BDO is any indicator, PA believes in world PvP with few restrictions.

However.

They also believe in having to farm/grind hard to be competitive in that world PvP, even in the smallest isolated instance of it.

That’s where the P2W creeps in.

As an example of the above, PA might like that suicide gankers get a harder security rating hit, and have to grind/harder to regain it, as well as HS mechanics that force them to do so between suicide ganks.

If BDO mentality in this regard was applied to EVE, it would work something like this:

-Hmm, our stats show people like to suicide gank and that many dont like it happening to them.
-Lets make BOTH have to grind, or pay us, to either suicide gank or be safe from it.
-Two birds with one stone, and we increase activity levels via grinding and/or purchase of P2W options, so as to suicide gank and/or be safe from it.

2 Likes

So you are projecting that on to me, well my natural inclination is to be polite, so you take that as being passive, and then you see points raised or directness or leaving the point hanging for someone to make up their own mind as being aggressive. So passive aggressive. I think that this is more an issue of the people being triggered themselves more than anything else.

Englishmen tend to lean towards sarcasm, and this can manifest itself even when you do not want to be, I try not to be sarcastic because it can be mis-understood.

You have truly excellent English, but you don’t always get the nuances, and there are quite a few ganker or ganker aligned posters who are utterly hopeless at it…, or do it deliberately as an attack point… (Now why did I leave that like that?)

You are quite welcome to have the last word on this, but I think I have made my point rather clear!

I’m assuming it’s an attempt at creating a differentiation of the terms used when discussing EVE-related content.

The problem I see here is that we generally have people on the forum who simply fail to differentiate, sometimes don’t know the proper meaning of words, and those who willing choose not to differentiate when it comes to describe EVE’s content.

And as you can see do we have quotes from dictionaries as well as the usual arguments going on about what it is and what it isn’t.

The one who then blinks first gets trolled the most.

You make it sound like a contact sport. In a weird, cerebral kind of way.

You are correct. EVE does not get shut when you log off. It gets shut every day at 11:00 UTC. What is there when it comes back online is content. What is not there when it comes back online is not content. I can’t simplify this any more than that.

But you can have a book called “How to Twerk”.

Guess what it contains.

–Librarian Gadget

But the players come online, too, and the actions they perform as well. What you describe could also be called “static content”. And when you call the actions by players “dynamic content” then you can come to a definition where everything within the game can be described as “content” and where we only use adjectives to further differentiate and describe this content.

… that holds that concoction that helps me hang ooOOoon.

–Gadget is to blame

Gerund

“What kind of swimming do you do?”

Swimming here is the action turned into a noun.

-Gadget the Maven

We could… but that would be absurd. Interaction with the “static content” is gameplay. It is not “dynamic content”. Playing the game is not, and never will be content.

Well, this is because you don’t see the game play of others as your content. This doesn’t mean it’s not there. You only choose not to see it as your own content.

What then gives you the right to tell others what they can and cannot see as content? Seems a little odd to me when you think about it. It’s all just bits & bytes, and you want to tell others what they shall see as content and what not. You don’t think that’s a bit on the daft side?

Even in real world physics can we not assume that what exists one moment will still be there the next. Matter can be turned into energy and back. Quantum physics then takes this to a whole new level where things only exist when you look for them.

You then want to tell people what is and isn’t content. Seems just silly to me what you’re trying to do.

Only the definition of the word. You can see anything you want as content. But if you start referring to anything you want as content, then prepared to be called on it.

Educating people is never silly.

Look at me! I’m not playing a game, I am creating content!

Thank you.