I am pleased to announce the TENTH year for a writing contest for stories or poems by or about Capsuleers/Baseliners and their worlds and cultures.
CATEGORIES: There will be THREE categories this year:
Other: Academic/Scientific (e.g. Academic, Economic Reports, Science Reports, Theological Writings, Treatises, etc.) or News/Gossip/Opinion Pieces
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION - MAY 31st
There is no minimum length. Maximum length is 5,000 words. There is no required subject matter; the content may be fiction or non-fiction.
Prior works are eligible as long as posted or published AFTER May 15, YC 124 (2022). This means, for example, works in the recent story-time thread on the IGS or stories and gossip reports (in Player Fiction) in the past year can be nominated by their authors for consideration.
Please post entries by linking in this thread or by a clear label in the Eve Fiction category of these forums, e.g. [YC 124 NEWCWC your work title here] as the title.
FIRST PLACE - 2.25 billion isk
SECOND PLACE - 1 billion isk
THIRD PLACE - 500 million isk
FOURTH PLACE - 250 million isk
Honorable Mentions - 50 million isk
*Prizes subject to change depending on fund raising!
SPECIAL PRIZES FOR THEMATIC ENTRIES:
You Must Indicate If You Are Seeking One Of These Prizes with your Entry
Best entry involving “Romance”. Should be an entry involving romance, love, or desire among the stars or the cultures existing in the Empires and beyond. Prize is 250 million isk plus 1 Box of Chocolates and 1 Bouquet of Flowers.
Best entry involving “Health and Fitness.” Should be an entry involving health & fitness. Could be amusing pieces of gym lore, or a thrilling adventure short story where the protagonist is a sportball player, bodybuilder, or other health&fitness enthusiast. Prize is 250 million isk plus a crate of Safety Mud 120,000m3 of sport mud, approx value 10M ISK.
Best entry involving “Gallente Culture.” Should be an entry involving Gallente culture - perhaps a Gallente tech-noir thriller, where the protagonist is a private detective, or the antagonist is an exotic dancer, set in the mean streets of nighttime Caille. Prize is 250 million isk plus a Trash Can, a crate of 250,000m3 of trash, approx value 15M ISK.
Best entry involving “Amarr Culture.” Should be an entry involving Amarr culture in some way. Perhaps a theological romantic comedy, in which goats and/or well-endowed Amarr ladies feature prominently. The Empire is vast and so are the possible themes! Prize is 250 million isk plus an Enormous Block of Cheese, consisting of 250,000m3 of cheese, approx equivalent value 80M ISK.
Entries involving “Minmatar Culture.” Should be an entry involving Minmatar culture in some way. Perhaps a coming of age tale involving tattoos and rituals? There’s a lot of possibilities. Prize is 250 million isk plus a Vargur.
Entries involving “Caldari Culture.” Should be an entry involving Caldari or State culture in some way. Perhaps a tale of cuthroat corporate intrigue? Achuran mysticism and star gazers? The culture of the State is deeper than supposed. Prize is 250 million isk plus a Golem.
Each of the Judges may, in their discretion, award a personal prize to the favorite (regardless of the “place” of the submission)
The most “amusing” or “entertaining” to me* or intriguing gets treated to a candlelit dinner by me at a fine restaurant or a meal at another location and a Stratios Galnet Streamcast Unit SKIN!
All judges and I (as administrator) are disqualified from submission for prizes.
All entries will be considered. However, no plagarism is allowed. The work must be the original work of the author.
if the quality of the entries does not merit the number of prizes, then prizes will be given up to the number deemed meritorious.
if people have any questions or need rulings, I am the contest administrator and you can feel free to message me directly.
Also a thank you to this year’s panel of judges for volunteering their time and efforts: Loai Qerl, Nevyn Kumamato, Cassandra Habulu, Pol Macsliebh,Henrik Suzaku, Kaladote Lafisques, Bin Orlenard and Shaikar.
A thank you also to our donors so far this year, Arrendis, Kaladote Lafisques, Valerie Valate, Ushra’Khan, and ARC.
Cordially, and with God’s Blessings
Lunarisse Aspenstar Phonaga
Directrix Societas Sceptri Coronaeque
Executrix Khimi Harar
((OOC note - This year we are running a companion OOC Category for out of character submissions and details will be posted in Player Fiction.))
Entrant Tracker. I will keep a list of entries here. If you entered and I somehow miss, let me know!
- Katya Itzimaru - “Untitled” (Amarr/Romance)
- Lightning Lemmont - Haikus
- Komaara Kashada - Small Prayer (Amarr)
- Theodosius Savnar - Alzheimer’s
- Imlarr Timshae - Epitaph for a Capsuleer
- Elassus Herron - Akiga-Illshisotas IIket (audit entry)
- Erica Munory -Twelve years of slavery (Minmatar)
- Calus Valmont - The Hauler (Minmatar/Romance)
- Trajon Thrax - Sword of God (Amarr)
- Bullet Kllan - Corporation Director Log
- Sydeed Ameer Ali - His Home Was Among The Stars(Minmatar/Romance)
- Theodosius Savnar - Emergency Confession Booth (Amarr)
- Duke Shasta - A Gallant Rescue
- Duke Shasta - Shadows and Daggers (Caldari)
- Candide Foole - Yearning (Gallente/Romance)
- Ambarr Dishwataah - Salvaged (Amarr/Minmatar)
- Ambarr Dishwataah - The Business of Love (Caldari/Romance/Fitness)
- Ambarr Dishwataah - The Perfect Man(Amarr/Gallente)
- Ambarr Dishwataah - Child of March (Amarr)
- Tintallel Sharan - Ten Thousand Light Years Away
- Amicia Cora - On the Nature of International Affairs in the Modern Era
- Simon Louvaki - Ghosts in the Shell…
- Clisa Lugara - Postal Drones
- Komaara Kashada - Fleet Operations Guide
- Ellnore en Divalone & Other Authors - Congratulations Intaki
- Nauplius - Eyes for Faith (Serial)
- Richard Masseri - Ida - To Consider - A Research Paper on the Ida…
- MantelGlobalIndustrries - Member State Conflicts in the Federation…
- Theodosius Savnar - A Comparative Study of Amarr Space Cathedrals (Amarr)