A Thread Of Kind Words

Your dedication to marketing should be recognised and respected by any with an interest in selling a product.

1 Like

you have an interesting face.

Nice goggles. And hat. Especially the hat.

1 Like

I think that you have a halfway decent hairstyle.

1 Like

I am ā€¦ actually still a little fuzzy on what exactly you believe, and why, and what (if any) unifying order there might be to all of it. Itā€™s pretty clear that you hold certain ideals dear to your heart, but, also, that you donā€™t feel like you have to treat people who disagree with you like theyā€™re just your enemies all the time.

You seem principled, but you donā€™t seem to close your ears. Thatā€™s a good and important thing.

3 Likes

I think that of all the regulars of the IGS and various other venues you are possibly the person most interested in truth through argument. You put a notable amount of effort into trying to understand someoneā€™s position in the most favorable light and putting yourself in the position to see things from their point of view.

Where for many of us the argument (the fight) is the end in and of itself your goal is understanding and that is a laudable quality we would all do well to try and emulate from time to time.

5 Likes

You are disturbingly enjoyable company in the various shared comms channels we have. Itā€™s rare to see fairly effortless wit and self-deprecating humor presented in a confident combination like that. This takes a certain kind of strength of personality and self-assuredness.

4 Likes

You give an impression of an unyielding, uncompromising, unrelenting, merciless warrior for the chosen cause who despises the chains the government and CONCORD put on them. This might be bad for a politician, but in a fighter, those are the qualities i respect.

The Rebellion happened because of people like you.

3 Likes

Humans are a faith unto the blood of humans. No other civilization in the Universe will ever have as much heart and compassion along with bold determination and ingenuity as the human Capsuleer has.

You take broad, blanket compliments to a whole new level. Iā€™m impressed.

3 Likes

Though I have had to discipline you more times than I am sure either of us care for, and you have sometimes exasperated me, through it all, I have always known one thing to be constant: your infractions never held any malice.

You may mess up, but you are a god person at heart, and this is important.

3 Likes

Youā€™re one of the few Amarr men that look proper in the hooded robe.

1 Like

I have always enjoyed reading your findings when you release them.

1 Like

Nice face.

You have an amusing disregard of thread rules.

4 Likes

I like your brain, i like your fashion sense, and i like how you enjoy pleasure in various forms.

3 Likes

You seem to understand enough for it to really kind of be a problem, both to yourself and to those you meet. Itā€™s kind of neat, having such a person around-- who understands that the world is wider than the Sani Sabik would have it; who understands this worldā€™s illusions better than our atheists seem to; who sees this world, perhaps, as it is ā€¦

ā€¦ almost. Kind of.

Maybe I see you so brightly, so darkly, because of another Seeker I know of, one who came before me. You might not have seen the world as she did, quite, but, I think you might have gotten along. Maybe thatā€™s why I canā€™t see you, read your words, with equanimity. Maybe my sight is being clouded by the person I once was.

And yet you donā€™t remind me of her, so much. Except that I think youā€™re lost, as she was. As I was.

This is a thread of kind words. ā€¦ Itā€™s hard for me to disentangle the kind from the less-kind, here, and I doubt Iā€™d be saying these things at all except that I expect youā€™ll take them as flattering, so, here goes.

When I look at you, I see my faith, our peopleā€™s teachings-- a Seeker, a sister monk, kin-- but as through a black and shattering mirror: not so much wrong as distorted and dissociated, pieces flying apart, freed of context and meaning and light. ā€¦ and, most importantly, empty, hollow, the pits I recognize in my own soul widened into a chasm, a gap and absence in the world, breathing a poisonous influence thatā€™s consumed all the light from the teachings, and claws at those who meet you.

Thatā€™s only possible because of how much you do indeed see. For those who walk this path, how easy is it to reach the place where you are? Is such a treacherous path really worth walking?

You understand so much, but make me wish we really had a concept like ā€œheretic.ā€

It would apply.

You make me wonder whether, even if I were to obtain the wisdom I seek, anyone should ever listen to me.

1 Like

Youā€™re the best representative of our people

6 Likes

Your :two_hearts: seem more universal, omnipresent and inexhaustible than my :heart:.

4 Likes

You have a kindness about you that is truly admirable. More people should be like you, Che. The universe would be a beautiful place.

Reviving this thread, if you all donā€™t mind.

5 Likes