[CMC] YC119 Caldari Art (Propaganda) Contest

And all three prizes now have potential winners! Excellent. When we get closer to the end-date for the contest I’ll be contacting everyone who are in the running to get their faction of choice recorded and once the winners have been decided the prizes will be delivered as they are announced in a thread of their own, with the winning entries proudly on display.

But really, we are all winners in this contest, aren’t we?

2 Likes

I assume there’s no rules against multiple submissions from single “artists”?

1 Like

The more the merrier, but you’ll only be eligible for one prize. Your entries will be pitted against one another, and your best will then be pitted against other contestants, to make sure no one contestant runs off with all the prizes.

Oh, and I’m of course ineligible and won’t be competing, nor will any associate of mine.

1 Like

What’s interesting is that this actually is serving as a community-building exercise.

Just not in the way Kim wanted it to.

6 Likes

Multiple entries allowed or?

1 Like

For Kim’s, no. For Ms. Del’thul’s, yes. For ARC’s, also yes.

1 Like

Nice, I got some work to do. Haven’t really had a reason to make propaganda pics since I was in Scope Works…

1 Like

The real winner in here is, to be frank, the entire IGS.

5 Likes

It is a refreshing change of pace to see the usually conflict ridden IGS working together for a common goal.

3 Likes

It’s always more interesting with multiple entries.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the common goal is to mock one specific person.

Fortunately, that specific person had it coming.

4 Likes

Most of us here have been at the receiving end of unwarranted vitriol from this person.

1 Like

Which is why she had it coming.

2 Likes

And I will be frank, I am glad to see good humour stand triumphant.

3 Likes

Please excuse me that I haven’t replied earlier. I have talked about these things in many other threads before, so I will try to be brief.

Sexuality - it is quite base animalistic desire of humans to reproduce. In civilized society we should discuss instead marriages, and what happens inside marriages behind closed doors, shall stay behind closed doors. The biological process itself is quite revolting and bringing the associated details on public is degrading. We are not animals, we are humans, and shall behave as ones!

Democracy - is one of the most archaic and less efficient managing systems. Probably the best argument against it would be a five minute talk with a random voter. Comparing democracy with more efficient and self-sufficient systems I could make a conclusion that democracy actually degrades the society.

Freedom - in physics it is a state where parts of the system have no bonds between each other and stay in complete disarray as opposition to the Order. What happens in the society though when you separate bonds? But first of all, we should consider, what are bonds in human society. They are laws. Regulations. Orders. Codes. Morals. Love. Friendship. Loyalty. Cut all these and you will get lawless anarchy - complete degradation.

Individualism - it implies that members of the society work predominantly for just themselves instead of others and common good. If members of the society work mostly for the society - yes, at first they will live worse than society built of individualists, but eventually the society will grow stronger and wealthier, and all participants will become wealthier and will be living better. Counterwise, in society with individualists, they live better from the start, but they take everything from the society instead of giving, and eventually society’s resorces deplete. They start fighting each other, demanding and taking more and more, eventually turning into poor violent savages. In other words, a complete degradation of the society and all these individuals.

And finally - hedonism. I am not really sure why I should explain why hedonism is degrading. I can’t find better examples of degradation than individuals, dedicated to pleasing themselves.

D. Kim, Strike Commander,
State Protectorate, CMC,
Caldari State

1 Like

Marriage is an unnecessary and parochial artifact of the dark, uncivilized periods in most cultures’ history when women were treated as chattel, to be secured by men so that inheritance rights would remain clearly defined and tracked. If two people wish to make an exclusive commitment to one another, that’s fine, but it’s not better or worse a choice than not doing so, or committing to a tro, quartet, or other arrangement so long as all of the participants consent to it.

Society is, in fact, a result of people working predominantly for themselves. We cooperate because it is the most effective way to secure what we need for ourselves. Competition only creates dangers.

You, Diana Kim, are a hedonist. Your particular flavor of hedonism is the visceral thrill and adrenaline rush of combat. You relish it. You seek it out. You claim you ‘hate this life’ but you eagerly run toward something to kill at every chance. You seek out the violence that gives you pleasure, with wild abandon. You are a hedonist.

And you sign your posts.

8 Likes

And I will, in fact, drop a quote to back up that third part:

4 Likes

Eugh. Utilitarianism is a scourge.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with being self-sacrificing in the name of the good of the greater community.

2 Likes

c’mon, daddy needs a new supercap!
memetry

Jorge Stanton
That guy
Space Dandies
Captain of a tempest
Explores in a Navitas
Send me isk?
owner of the only combat fit nereus
#YEET
how long is a signature supposed to be?