Fixing some toxic exploits

Leave PL and you won’t be seeing toxic stuff anymore

3 Likes

Exploit has a very specific meaning. If there is an actual exploit, submit a support ticket. If there is not an actual exploit, stop using that word.

:night_with_stars:

Seems like the ups and downs of an open door policy.

The corp mail thing is a tough one. Having every corp mail require someone with roles to approve will be infuriating. And some smaller corps don’t have leadership that is active everyday. The suggestions in the thread about a noob/feeder corp are a good idea.

Making/Changing bookmarks requires roles I thought. So thats something you can restrict.

General AWOXing is the risk you take by not screening. Getting to know your corpies is part of the interaction in this game. You sure as ■■■■ can’t auto-safety alphas. That’s just a dick-move.

It already does. You need to be assigned the role Communications Officer to send evemails to Corp.

If you are scared of being engaged by Corp mates, then don’t be in a Corp with 13,000 members that has an open door recruitment policy. It’s totally an option to go live in highsec and have the friendly fire setting set on Illegal, meaning any corp mate that attacks will be Concorded (the introduction of the friendly fire setting has virtually killed out awoxing in highsec, but null has always had it).

You can only leave or join a Corp if you are docked, or if you are in a capsule. That’s true of all characters, alpha or omega.

If it is someone in a capsule in space, that is hardly a threat.

If they are in a station, the undock can be bubbled and if it is an Upwell structure, anyone in tether range is invulnerable, so you aren’t at risk from Corpmates if you are tethered and they leave Corp while docked.

The problem are alpha accounts, not only can they mine in a venture for free, but they can take out billions of isk worth.
The whole game is designed around people having to spend a fortune to do these kind of jokes, awox? 1.5 bill please, spy and get caught? 1,5 bill please, being anoying? 1,5 bill please, blacklisted, and now you require a another 1,5 bill to do it all again.
Are you getting the point here? :thinking: (are you?)
That’s why it’s possible, it’s not free, Oh wait it’s free now

Learn to use your :brain::dominican_republic:

Good to know

The thing is to prevent alpha’s from joining and leaving corp inside player owned space.
Let’s say they are not allowed to awox anymore, they can’t go like a trojan horse get in and quickly leave corp to attack former corp members anyway.

I’m not saying these mechanics should be banned, what I’m saying is not for free!, that’s what I’m pointing out.

The whole game risk/opportunities/whateveryoudo is based on a currency you can translate to real life currency,that’s what the whole game balance system is build on from it’s core.

:facepalm: ccp please protect us from unnecessary mental illness and their fumes in some extend.

Yeah, this whole thing sounds like you just suck at recruitment and/or diplomacy. I’m far too lazy to read 2 different threads crying about the same topic, so it sounds like you’re not even a director not even of a solo alt corp, that you don’t even understand the basic functionality of the tools available. And that with a complete lack of understanding of what’s already there, you’re asking for a complete revamp to suit exactly one situation. Based solely on the way you present yourself, I’d vote a strong “no” on changing the existing system in the slightest.

Please save yourself the efforts :+1:

It doesn’t work like that

Not only do i have no problem with it being free, i take my hat off to those doing it.

Poor security = easy pickings.

This is the beauty of the sandbox. That’s how this works. You have options for tightening security and new players have other places to go outside of horde.

But alphas aren’t going to get restrictions as to who they can shoot. That’d be crap. Power to the little people :fist:

That’s why the forum folk over here deserves medals :medal_military::medal_sports::1st_place_medal: :gift_heart:

Just a nod will do.

Welcome to the sandbox. :rofl:

All you needed to say was:

Title: Make Communications Officer role required for Corporation-wide mails

I’m not really good in communications, and the feedback on this forum is pretty mediocre :turks_caicos_islands:

1 Like

Just because you don’t like the feedback you get, it doesn’t mean the feedback itself is bad…

2 Likes

So who decides what is bad and what is good? if you’re having problems with my opinions you’re going to have a hard time in this world

You can have as many opinions as you like. Nobody can take that away from you. But saying that the feedback isn’t good on the forums just because it’s not aligned with your views is not really objective way to say it’s not good quality feedback.

1 Like

You certainly don’t.

1 Like