Forum notification list getting a mile long?

Any way to clear this? It already has its own scroller on a HD resolution screen…

You know, the thing that informs you about badges, likes and threads when you click on your portrait.

Click the cog for preferences, go to notifications at the top, not the side, dismiss all.

When I try that I get a"stop sign", and can’t press it? Well, even if I could, that is better than nothing, but really trimming it should be done automatically like in the previous forum.

This is what I get: (for some reason the stop-sign isn’t visible in the screenshot):

Ah well, ignore the link. I deleted the post now.

Click on your portrait in the upper right corner, then click on the cog wheel and click on Preferences if it isn’t selected already. There click on Notifications in the left submenu bar and change the options to your liking.

As far as I understand though, none of those trim the list?

You could just turn off “notify when liked”, like I did, and then all those notifications disappear from your list.

Thanks, that helps somewhat, but I hope I’m not stuck forever with these badge and reply notifications too.

Now I get what your problem is. I’m afraid you can’t do what you want. The best thing you can do is turn off notifications for likes, but I’m afraid the rest will have to stay in there, unless @CCP_Avalon has plans on adding that functionality.

1 Like

I just updated the styles of the forums to have a font size better fitting the notification count set by Discourse. Couldn’t find a setting to let me control the number of notifications that show up in the list, but will look better into it tomorrow. :aura:

2 Likes

That actually helped a lot, many thanks! But there really isn’t a function in the software so that the notification list trims itself once read? One would think something like that would be basic functionality in a modern forum.
Anyway, thanks for looking into this!

From what I’ve been able to gather, the forums display a fixed number of notifications in the feed. Once that fixed number has been reached older ones get trimmed out and sent to the “view older notifications…” void.

But I’ll dig more around this tomorrow, and see whether I can unearth something that I missed today. :guardparrot:

1 Like

Yes, please sort this out. I don’t want to have scroll down a foot long list of useless notifications just to log out. BTW, selecting ‘dismiss all’ did nothing.

1 Like

CCP AvalonSoftware Engineer10d
From what I’ve been able to gather, the forums display a fixed number of notifications in the feed. Once that fixed number has been reached older ones get trimmed out and sent to the “view older notifications…” void.

But I’ll dig more around this tomorrow, and see whether I can unearth something that I missed today. :guardparrot:

So 10 days on… Is there a chance the “Dismiss All” button in notifications will one day do what it states?

I men I understand cheap and nasty has limitations and expecting them to add new things is not an option but surely when they do add something it should work.
When using a well formatted forum you click a notification to view it and it drops from the list of notifications.

This seems to be becoming just another CCP update where “close enough is good enough”, Fuk functionality.

Edit;
Another option would be to put the LOGOUT button at the top, maybe in the dead space between player name and bookmarks…

3 Likes

This is the single most important thing in this whole issue, I don’t want to hunt for the logout button. One of those minor, yet pretty huge annoyances.

1 Like

Any change on the horizon? Having to scroll down the notifications list to log out is ridiculous.

1 Like