Note from retired criminal

While in some cases that is warranted, I also believe that any and every player consents to PVP upon undocking any ship. Even CCP knows, as they’ve been ganked a few times. I think it is nice for those, if they do like ganking or whatever else (I guess what I’ve been doing the last couple days is referred to as ‘lowsec ganking’), to send their victim a mail explaining to them what happened and why (which many, many people, including gankers do). They just focus a lot more on the tears they get because that’s how this niche of gameplay gets content. I’d suggest reading the following topic if you wish to truly understand what the mindset of this small EVE player set is like:

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/good-samaritan-saving-up-for-my-first-super-fax-titan-through-elite-pvp-up-to-93-3b/11179/396

It incorporates aspects of most, if not all, variations of highsec PVP, which, generically speaking, is the majority of the Crime & Punishment subsection. It may take a while to read, but there is lots of texts and even several videos showing how some of the processes happen.