Old Forums Back Please? This One Sucks... +1 if you Agree

+1 definitely sucks compared to the old one.

1 Like

I’m fine with it. -1

+1

Not a great new forum. Not a good new forum. Not a bad new forum. A real nothing.

1 Like

I suppose it comes down to functionality and aesthetics.

My own use of the current forums finds its functionality largely ok (but I want my CODE. Alliance moniker up there please, so that everyone will know where I’m coming from and make snap judgments about my psychology and any associated behavioural traits).

Aesthetically? It’ll do, but I sometimes wish that EVE would move away from the ‘everything black, everything else, dark’ mentality. Posting in a Blogger/WordPress thread is heaven compared with this - for me!
=1 (is that right?)

2 Likes

Thanks Nana! Much better :star_struck:

I like the new forums, but the actual content seems to have declined for everything other than Marketplace.

I browse the forums a lot as a mobile user, which is much better than the old design. But this layout really takes some getting used to.

Checking out the script by @Nana_Skalski because i really miss the large avatars also

-7.8 I love the new one, with the exception that EvE Gate also shut down.

1 Like

Its actually from @Erika_Mizune.
I have only skills to modify somewhat this script. I made avatars even bigger on my computer. 180x180 pixels. Only they are put into 140x140 pixels frame so when I have forums zoomed to 110% they dont get blurry.

I like these forums the old ones were hard to read on all devices, the colour was bad, it was harder to follow threads etc, plus I like discobot if he hasn’t been killed

2 Likes

I miss the elite ‘like’ count. Otherwise I dunno the forums were always second to #tweetfleet (Twitter) for me. These are better on my phone but I don’t play as much/post like I used to

1 Like

But WHY does it suck, explain in detail whats missing tha isn’t here that you need, just going “it sucks” doesn’t help CCP and it doesn’t help you :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Nahhh

2 Likes

Same sh*t diferent smell.

So you’re bandwagoning then, nice to know :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll leave it to more dedicated nerds to detail exactly why these forums suck so bad.

Edit: ehhhhh it’s not so bad, but it was a step down.

Seems to be full of very old posts that aren’t exactly pointing out why the forums are “bad” what feature of the forums (not eve-gate) is missing or lacking enough to matter?

Indeed…which highlights that there are many legitimate issues that were pointed out that have gone unaddressed.

Well…there are many posts in that new forums feedback thread that illuminate very specific problems with these forums. It’s a big thread.