The truly awful 'new' forums

Which CCP employee ‘signed off’ these appalling ‘new’ forums?
In the old forums you could see at a glance the identity of the op of any thread just by scrolling down the various threads.
Now you can’t
All you see now ius a load of thumbnails.
Do CCP seriously expect the player base to learn the thumbnails of individual players to identify threads they might be interested in?
These ‘new’ forums are the biggest load of rubbish ever foisted on an unsuspecting public.
For heavens sake scrap this rubbish and bnring back the old forums

1 Like

Nope.

They scrapped nearly whole community team instead.

2 Likes

Given that these forums have been active for 4+ months, the forums aren’t new any more.

1 Like

You’ll learn the regular posters in a forum section if you engage regularly. It just happens without special effort.

Don’t like it, don’t use them. Judging from your OP, we won’t miss you.

We’re nearly at the 9-month mark.

You do know if you hover over the person it brings up their name right xD ? New forums are fantastic but i’m a lover of efficiency and speed so could be why :]

I also strongly prefer the old forums. I guess I’m just an old-schooler.

1 Like

original forums, best forums.

old new forums were bad, new new forums are also bad

I’d ask what group of players gave their input into the new forums before they were put into place, but assuming any kind of user acceptance testing happened might be too hopeful of me

1 Like

“You do know if you hover over the person it brings up their name right xD ? New forums are fantastic but i’m a lover of efficiency and speed so could be why :]”

You obviously missed the bit in my original post about the amazing Sinclair matt black watch.
And you most certainly missed the bit about technological regression.
Please explain why hovering over a thumbnail in order to find somebodies name is more ‘efficient’ than just reading it like you could in the old forums.

Because text takes up more space than an icon, so you can fit more icons into the same area, also that info is not in your face but still there if you request it by hovering.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.