I absolutely hate the new forums

I was reading about why people left EVE in the last two years, and I read a comment I thought was quite accurate. I scrolled down and kept reading a few more comments and thought, “Well, I really need to give that insightful comment a like and make a comment of my own, since I left a few years ago and recently came back.” Boy did that turn into an impossible task. I scrolled back up, and couldn’t find the comment I had just read. I was confused and figured I had not scrolled up enough, so I kept going, all the way up to the OP. Nope, the comment was simply not there. Scrolled down again, thinking I had simply overlooked it. Nope, not there either.

“Quite irritating and time wasting new forums.”, I thought, but “No problem, I’ll just use Crtl-F and search for a few of the key words. Should be easy to find it that way, since I just read it.” Nope. The funny thing was that I had read the words “high sec” in multiple comments regarding why people left. The Ctrl-F search brought up a new window where I entered the search terms “high sec” and checked the box indicating I would like to search in the current thread. “No results found.”

I’m trying to be positive, since I just came back, but I’m certainly beginning to see why I left EVE in the first place. CCP is full of devs that make really stupid decisions without thinking, and some great artists. Edit: The sound department is not so bad either.

2 Likes

Okay terrific!

If you don’t know how use something, this doesn’t mean it’s broken. Did you even read dev blog about forum? Or just complain because it’s new and work different?

2 Likes

The new forums are specifically designed to be fully utilized by cell phone users such that it makes it much simpler to wreck their cars,ignore their significant others, and blow off work more frequently without their boss catching them. In this regard, CCP has accomplished their goal.

6 Likes

Hate more because layout is other than old. Don’t like? Write own CSS. Everyone happy. You use something few days and complain. How long you get used to old forum or very old forum?

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen.
A kingdom of isolation,
and it looks like I’m the Queen
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn’t keep it in;
Heaven knows I’ve tried…

it is so funny that now we have 4k displays and everything but amount of text / screen is less that in was on c-64 diplay.

1 Like

Welcome to the new Eve, same as the old.