Why these?

What is the purpose of these new forums?

Do you understand that no one really considers these forums as a valid place to have an actual discussion?

Do you think that was because of the forum’s design?

It wasn’t. It was the over moderation of trigger happy ISD’s that stifled communication and made your official forums a terrible place to try to hold a discussion.

You refused to single out the problem posters and instead instituted a blanket ban on any digression what so ever.

I seriously doubt this new concept will draw a more active user base, more than likely the shock of something “new” will turn people off who choose not to give it a chance.

Either way, good luck CCP!
If you need any advice, let me know and we can talk privately.

1 Like

Read dev blog first. lol

1 Like

If you look at the Dev blog, and the information given by CCP, the reasons for the change varied:

• The performance of the database on the old forums had become an issue
  • The old forums were heavily modified and tied into both Eve Gate, and TQ. This means that if Eve goes down there was a good chance the forums would as well.
  • The functionality of the old forums, while good for it’s time is not for today’s standards.

A big part of the change was to bring CCPs communication back to a centralised platform, one that would be stable and online even if Eve was not. That way you could get information as to what was going on.

2 Likes

Go to Reddit then. r/Eve reads like a YouTube comments section. At least you can sort it out a few different ways

1 Like

OMG I was able to use the search function and have it actually search the forums.

That alone is an upgrade worthy of note.

4 Likes

Stupid title, pointless topic.

Also we got GIF

1 Like

Do you understand that no one really considers these forums as a valid place to have an actual discussion?

By “no one”, do you mean all the people who prove you wrong by posting and discussing?
Does “no one” include you, who posts and discusses here, as well?

Why would you expect to be taken seriously, when you don’t even make an effort to be taken seriously?