Universal Timebase Measurement Research

@Oveg_Drust

Captain Drust.

I have received offers from other persons, for a monetary reward of no less than ten billion isk.

I have also received requests from several interested parties to examine the objekt before it is handed over to CONCORD and thus vanishes from the public eye.

So… you might have to make a better offer than 5million isk and veiled threats.

Something along the lines of:
A Pink “Sanctity” dress with silver trim, and matching “Mitral” boots, for myself.
A brilliant White “Sanctity” dress with gold trim, and matching “Mitral” boots for my friend Synthia.
A medal or statuette, bearing the inscription “Greatest Sani Sabik capsuleer philosopher of the modern era”

7 Likes

Most excellent.

2 Likes

Or, you know, CONCORD could be investigating an attack on CONCORD, and collecting the evidence recovered from the scene.

I mean, I’m not exactly CONCORD’s biggest booster, but c’mon, there’s a level of knee-jerk pissiness in this one that’s just ridiculous. This is exactly what a law enforcement agency normally does regarding evidence retrieved from the wreckage of a ship in an incident they’re investigating.

CONCORD got attacked. CONCORD is investigating. If they want help, they’ll ask for it, but until then, there’s absolutely no reason to get butt-blasted at them for daring to ask for the evidence from the scene.

3 Likes

CONCORD rules and enforcement regarding ownership of object in space, as well as monetary incentives, reward high competetiveness, might-makes-right and mercenary attitude, and a rather finders-keeper approach to ownership and salvage rights. There is a beautiful symmetry to it acting against their interests.

Hi. Don’t take this the wrong way, but I think I love you.

7 Likes

Pilot Valate,

While CONCORD licenses certain apparel designs for the capsuleer market, we are not in the habit of commissioning bespoke garments for the purposes of exchange for evidence pertaining to high crimes under the Yulai Convention.

On the other hand, CONCORD is well able to furnish you with a full acknowledgement of the status of ‘Sani Sabik’ criminal and terrorist apologist with an appropriate adjustment to your security status.

Please comply with the request to contract the Corrupted Trinary Relic evidence to Officer Lorriene Nesif, for which we still offer the generous reward of 5,000,000 ISK.

Alternatively, make plans to leave high-security space. Within 24 hours.

Regards,
Captain Oveg Drust
DED Genesis Fleet

14 Likes

Don’t take this the wrong way Oveg, but I think I love you.

4 Likes

May I also recommend a negative ten standing to all four nations? Sec status is easily purchased. Standings however, now that is a bitch to work back up. And yes, what Tein said. Name the time and place and I can arrange for someone to come work that shaft until it falls off.

6 Likes

Send them a photo of you holding the relic over a trash compacter and ask for more. Sec status hits are meaningless when CONCORD will raise you status upon turning in certain dogtags.

4 Likes

Yes, Yes…How generous for CONCORD to offer such a modest sum of ISK for a collectable item that holds many secrets within.

Come now Oveg, we both know CONCORD can put a more serious offer on the table for these items. Just look at the money handed out to those that participate in anti-Incursion efforts. CONCORD practically print ISK!

Now, i’m not asking for anything ludicrous like 10 billion ISK a pop and some snazzy garments. Simply bump up the bounty to 10,000,000 ISK per unit. Maybe then CONCORD’s request would be taken with more weight.

We went out and dug though countless Drifter wrecks. To the point where we dried up the entire supply of them. We put our assets on the line fighting back the defenders. What did CONCORD do? Nothing…We did the work for you.

I personally will not sell myself out for such a insulting offer. At that price i rather just keep the ones i own as a memento…

5 Likes

I also love this; an open acknowledgement that CONCORD only really bothers with punishment when it suits their purposes, not their (imagined?) principles.

8 Likes

Yes. There is also an unanswered question.

Now then. Under the terms of the Yulai Convention, which govern the permissible actions of space pilots, there is much mention of what one is or is not allowed to do.

Also, as part of the Yulai Conventions, ships are fitted with safety systems that can be set to permit or disallow actions that would breach said conventions. Commonly referred to as “going suspect” or “going criminal” by capsuleers.

So, with my ship having been on a state of safety green, (it was the ship I had been using to launch fireworks in memory of dear Fabuleux), I encountered a ship, piloted by The Astromancer, which was engaged in criminal activity. Said ship exploded in the course of events. Now, being close to the wreck, I spotted a glowy doodad and thought “hmm”, and picked it up, as it might be important in some way. Usually glowy things are important plot elements in rpg style games. But that’s not important right now.

So, with safety green, I engaged in activities which the Yulai Conventions permit me to do without repercussions - i.e. obtaining objects from wrecks of criminal ships.

So, I am curious to know, what punishment is authorised by the Yulai Convention, for actions that are permitted by those same conventions.

8 Likes

See, that was the appropriate time and place for the threats. Much better. Also, loved the ‘please’.

2 Likes

Remember that safety system’s a relatively new addition to the ship’s command interface, and no, it doesn’t actually warn you about breaches of the Yulai Conventions, just actions that will have immediate consequences. That’s why it doesn’t warn you in low-sec.

So, you’re kinda hanging your hat on smoke and mirrors there.

2 Likes

Five million kredits are nothing to a capsuleer, you can’t be serious. Also, nobody really cares about sec status, the penalties imposed by having it at a negative value are trivially bypassed.

You need to up your game, you sound about as dangerous as a cat in a bag.

5 Likes

Hey, wait till they slap you with that 60 billion isk bounty on your head :kissing_smiling_eyes:

I’m sure something can be worked out though to please both Ms. Valate’s fashion taste and CONCORD’s investigators?

3 Likes

So, some small clarifications on matters of the Yulai Convention and the token reward offered for the trinary repository.

The legal side of this is, unfortunately, fairly clear. While the sections we were presented with in YC117 were concerned with appropriation of biomass in matters of interstellar security, providing exceptions to salvage law, similar exceptions exist in the case of other, non-biological salvage. The DED may assume right to salvage when an investigation marked as a matter of interstellar security remains open. This is, simply said, a matter best handled by the courts, though I suspect the court of first recourse here would indeed be a CONCORD one. I’m sure we all see the issue there.

The token reward might be intended to match the final bounty rate offered by ARC during its collection effort in late YC119. Needless to say, there are certain unmeasurable elements here that make a 5m ISK bounty insufficient to serve as motivation. At the same time, the 10b offer seemed, well, a tad bit whimsical.

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s a tad bit knee-jerk, but if anything in the past is an indicator then the Relic will doubtlessly just disappear into CONCORD’s vaults, and no info that comes from it will ever be made public - again, the reaction is a little harsh, but not completely unjustified in my (possibly biased) eyes~

4 Likes

Remember when they offered a 25 PLEX bounty for the heads of the capsuleers that conducted a drifter autopsy? Remember what happened? The prospect of having a 60 bil bounty issued by Concord has me shaking in my boots. Phah.

3 Likes

Umm. Wasn’t that when capsuleers refused to hand over the assumed remains of Hilen Tukoss, not the Drifter autopsy which I think was performed in CONCORD HQ? Or am I missing something?

4 Likes

It might have been. Shows how much people cared about it.

1 Like