Space travel is more important than ever in Eve’s meta. Let’s have a look at some data!
A fast frigate can travel at around 10km/s. The speed of light is 299,792km/s, and 3au/s is 448,788,624km/s
- If you wanted to make a safe spot 1au away, it would take the frigate 173 days to get there.
- If you traveled at the speed of light, it would take 8 minutes and 19 seconds.
- At 3au/s it would take 1/3 of a second (easy button)
- If you want a safe spot 15au away, it would take the frigate 7.1 years.
- It would take 2 hours if you traveled at light speed.
- At 3au/s it’s just 5 seconds!
- The frigate would take 128,910 years to travel to Proxima Centauri (4.3ly)
- It takes light 4.3 years to get there. (easy button again)
- It’s about 1 day of warp speed at 3au/s.
So the lesson is this; after you travel to Proxima Centauri in your frigate for 128,910 years you can finally see the Star up close. Then you can go afk to have a piss, and as soon as you unzip a group of Triglavians will warp in and gank you. But, while your guts and eyeballs are being vaporized, you have one final thought: I could have just docked up at that 15au station. I only had to hold my piss for 7.1 more years.