D = rt

I’ve thought about writing a scifi novel from the perspective of a civilization that has to put up with light speed limit.

1 Like

Play EVE.

Than we must prove god wrong…and we will…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Would you people quit talking like there is only 4 dimensions out there?
Once you factor in that there are at least 10 dimensions, maybe 26 ( or more), interesting possibilities open up.

Don’t make me drag out a whiteboard to discuss. :wink::memo::sparkles:

Yes, but how many dimensions are simulated in Eve Online?

Or 42 dimensions. :thinking:

2 Likes

What is the question?

That could be a very interesting and refreshing read.

This is a useless statement about dimensions.

There are only 4 interactive dimensions. X y Z and time.

Any other dimension us just mathematical and not practical.

I’m open to hearing about evidence (shadows) of higher dimensions interacting with our reality.

I think one of those dimensions could be the reason space is potentially curved.
Curved space acts so much like a dimensional phenomenon beyond our perception.

Curved space as in infinite but bounded space.

I reside in the uk and the speed of light in our area is 186,000 Mps(miles per second) Pff get away with your european kilometers redoo your math right now xD

Here’s a thought.

Is Mass to Time like thickness is to space?

A thin knife cuts sharply.

A small mass cuts time very sharply and therefore time moves relatively fast to a small mass.

A heavy mass is thicker so moves through time more slowly.

Until the amount of space the mass occupies becomes so small that the mass becomes so thick that it cant cut time at all and time slows the stops, such as at a black hole.

Maybe speed and mass both interact with time the same way as described.

I agree that what we perceive as time may be a dimension, but I don’t think we fully understand it, nor do I think you can ever go backward in time, only forward as you approach the speed of light.
That makes me think its not an actual time dimension, but something else that affects how our representation of time passes.

Just my opinion though. :wink:

That is a very interesting idea.

Time is the fourth dimension and linear in existence just like those darn particles that don’t like to be watched neither does time. When you’re young time moves slowly when you get older it moves faster way faster. Our perception of time changes as it moves forward, maybe we control time. Its not the mass maybe its perception?

That seems a bit tough-in-cheek. :smile:

I wouldn’t say it’s useless, theoretical maybe but 11 or more dimensions is the only way that we’ve found to unify general relativity and quantum mechanics; the maths simply don’t work with 4.

There are only 4 interactive dimensions. X y Z and time.

That we have observed, so far.

Any other dimension us just mathematical and not practical.

That doesn’t mean that they don’t exist, we just haven’t figured out how other dimensions may interact with the ones that we know about.

I’m open to hearing about evidence (shadows) of higher dimensions interacting with our reality.

I highly doubt that we’ll see any evidence in our lifetimes, we’re still figuring out basic principles such as gravity, and magnets of course.

Tongue in cheek either way i spent forever looking forward to Christmas, these days i blink and here it is.

2 Likes

Time is relative :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like