12/6/18 Bans for repeated macro use

Not that different at all.

1. Pattern detected (by GM or automated detection system)
  2. Action taken:
    • GM contacts Player and investigates
    • Automated Detection system - Auto-Ban
  3. result:
    • GM concludes no action is required.
    • Player(s) file Support Ticket
  4. Response to player ticket
    • Investigation of issue
    • Action according to conclusion of investigation: Keep the ban or revoke the ban.
2 Likes

Doesn’t make it any less false

ISD can’t do anything about it except tell you to petition and wait, same for GMs, same for CCP…

Yes, wait… I get it… but until this forum post I was not aware that it was happening like this to others too.

I saw statistics of how many people gets banned every year (number is huge btw), also I saw that they claim there are very few false positives.

@ISD_Sakimura … But what if there is a bunch of people wrongly banned in the past. Imagine CCP spending lots of money on getting new players to the game and in a same time banning old players. Aside of it being totally unjust and wrong it’s simply bad business.

I am talking about unfairly banned, innocent people game would be still fair every time.

And obvious reason, not enough resources in that department. Basically you have a leek here and its getting wider and wider every year.

We have not received any warning, no GM ever contacted us, we have not even received the email about it. For 7 days we have not been answered on the ticket. YES its very DIFFERENT. Very differently we feel about it, very differently is what we went thrum. Your lack of understanding what goes thrum people mind and how they feel is monumental.

I suppose CCP had its reasons for banning all at once otherwise all the botters would transfer funds in various hard to punish ways to other accounts. Still, at least a “we’re going to look into your situation in 10 days” message would save me some compulsive refreshing of pages.

CCP and other game companies like Blizzard do the same. Ban waves are much more effective then doing them a few at a time. When they are done a couple a ta time it gives the bot makers/abusers info on what possibly tipped the anti-cheat systems off.

Sorry if I’m being abit too blunt here, but I do not recall it stated anywhere in EULA/TOS or other policies that CCP will send an email for the reasons of bans. Even if they did, it would still only be an automated response stating which section of the EULA/TOS was violated, which would not give you anymore info than you already have.

I’d agreed with @Harry_Naskingar that some sort of estimated time-frame would be nice, but I don’t think they are able to give such replies as they have no way of knowing how long it takes to investigate each issue.

2 Likes

There’s always Serenity…

Automated response would do if it states next 3 things.

1. You have been detected of illegal activity ( give full reason) and therefore your account is temporarily banned pending investigation. Please note that this is the software detection and that it will be investigated by human as soon as possible.

2. You may file the ticket appealing your ban if you wish here and here and provide us with more detail of your recent activity that may have caused your ban.

3. We are on your side and truly hope that this is the false positive. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Now with the email like that it should only take up to few hours to initiate the chat with the banned player. It must not take 7 days. And for the EULA part… well you have a right to ban me if you just dont like me or for no reason at all, question is should you.

@ISD_Sakimura you can’t blame the ppl for speaking up on their bans after several days.
Today, seven days after the ban wave you are the first CCP connected guy who wrote something.

Bans got lifted at least since friday 15th, so i assume they were aware of a problem here.
Why not just put out a short oneliner like:

CCP XxX: “O7, hey guys, our automated bot detection went a bit rogue on tuesday. We are currently looking into the issue and get you sorted in the next days. Fly safe.”
That would have worked wonders to calm the horde.

I mean, during the unscheduled server downtime there was a constant 3h flood of posts every 5mins about “Yep, server still down”

1 Like

You should be glad other toons weren’t banned for circumventing a ban

Just saying

1 Like

Dom why are you even here?

To state stuff that apparently isn’t evident to you guys lol

It’s common knowledge that CCP takes time to review petitions, idk why waiting is so hard

1 Like

They are almost like crackheads dying to get their fix…

2 Likes

almost? how do you think I triggered the bot detection? :> I named my second account “forever_alpha” It was plexed in two days, without a credit card.

Waiting is not hard if you are guilty. Get jailed and be innocent and you will understand.

In this case it was uncertainty over something you have not done. All of us are that way.

2 Likes

If you’re innocent then you can wait patiently to show your goodwill

Jee, for people that do something that needs patience you’re pretty damn impatient :thinking:

Maybe there is some bot that can speed up support response time. :wink:

5 Likes

Showing a good will is hard when you stand to lose something you worked hard for years to build over something you have not do.

Anyhow I hope I have contributed to our case here. I will not post anymore. I only hope that CCP revises its ban process, customer experience wize.

Cheers all!

1 Like

Cheaters gotta cheat.