12/6/18 Bans for repeated macro use

Hey peeps just an update.Im unbanned yupie!!! Ty ccp for listening, it seems someone must be working on this issue so don’t lose hope peeps!No reply on ticket but im gonna request a close on it.

Still banned here as well. My character’s name starts with V, I hope they aren’t going in alphabetical order.

1 Like

0.1 this…

2 Likes

ISKcent wars nerfed by CCP? :thinking:

You gain nothing from complaining about being banned (rightfully or not) here on the forums, none of us can do anything about it. As all of you probably have done already, the only option is to make a Support Ticket and wait for a response from CCP.

If you do not understand what constitutes a Macro feel free to ask about that.

CCP has an automated-system that checks logs for patterns of Botting, Macro-use and similar, if such patterns is spotted the account in question will get flagged for action.

4 Likes

We are just hoping that somebody who can do something sees this. Unless it’s normal for it to take this long to resolve? We feel like we’re being ignored.

1 Like

I personally have sent like 40 messages in last 7 days and haven’t got an answer.

I understand you people want that boats get banned. That is what I want too. But should CCP be more careful about it, after I got banned about something I am innocent of … I now personally doubt any ban CCP makes.

First, banned person should receive email containing details about his ban and instruction of how he or she can clear their name. Then the appeal to the ban must be handled promptly (CCP must reply to it fast and there must be few levels of support) and ban issue must be taken extremely seriously.

In my corp I was told to hold on as they ban ■■■■ load of people latley and since small group of people is working on it reply to the appeal can even take up to one month.

I got banned on the account I was born in to EVE and play 85% of my time in EVE. They have killed me in game if I don’t get unbanned. And I am not guilty … you believe me … right … no you want to believe CCP can’t make mistake about it, but they most certainly can.

Sending multiple messages will only increase the work-load and investigating each report takes time.

CCP takes “Cheating” (botting, macro-use etc.) seriously. I will assume that this includes Ban issues are equally also taken seriously. Which is why it takes time to investigate each issue.

I’m looking at this objectively. It’s not for me to to decide if you are guilty or not, only CCP can make that decision. You have to prove your innocence to the best of your ability.

1 Like

I was threatened once by a GM for RMT probably cuz I was so good at trading 100 to 150 bil a month raises eyebrows but logs were all there no use of programs heck I didn’t even make my own spreadsheets paid someone else to do it

But it’s a big difference from random noob GM threats to getting banned

I am not able to prove my innocence as nobody is talking to me for 7 days.

I wish you get banned and see how manny messages you will send if no one is responding to it.

Ban issue is not taken seriously if you ban people and not respond for this long . Its not serious at all if you ban a bunch of people in one day so you cant respond to them in timely fashion. It’s not taken seriously as no people that get banned even receive an email about it.

I think I rotated 150 billions a day by buying and selling PLEX in Jita. My worry is that the whole market bot detection system of CCP is no more than some volume indices run through data science woo, and at the end of the day it’s between banning some innocents and not banning anyone, and CCP won’t do the latter, so it’s pray and hope for the rest of us.

There may not be anything to gain with CCP by posting here, but the only forthcoming information is coming from other players as they report on their own situations. None of us know what is going on, and with CCP remaining silent, the only people to talk to are other players. For those who have been wrongly banned, it’s the only way we know anything right now.

1 Like

@Carastis have you considered how much data logs EVE generates each day? it’s TeraBytes, and CCP only has a few handful of people to investigate all of these reports they are getting. What you want them to do will require hundreds (if not thousands) of people to do it.

1 Like

I think you are wrong and that we have good opportunity to raise a question of how banns are handled. From my experience they are handled poorly. No player deserves to go thrum what I am going right now.

My point is exactly a same, my GOD people what are you thinking? How many innocent people stopped playing the game cause of this. How many more players EVE would have if this is handled with more resources.

Aside of a fact that it’s clearly wrong doing to any innocent person that gets banned.

Would you rather have an environment filled with “cheaters” or an environment where you know you get a “fair” fight every time you meet someone in PvP? I certainly would prefer the latter.

My point is that; a lot of bans are given because PATTERNS are detected with the “Account” which more than likely are breaching the EULA/TOS.

Most of these bans are rightfully done so but some innocent players pattern happens to be nearly identical to those detected “Patterns”, like the example described by

The GM reacted to a “pattern”. Contacted the player, did some further investigation, and then the GM found that no action was required. Issued was solved.

2 Likes

This is very different. This person was contacted about a possible problem. They were not permabanned immediately and left to sit on it.

And tbh I worry about the automated detection here if a player like me can be caught up in it. Market trading, with a few hundred plex (paid for with real money) and half a billion isk to my name.

1 Like

Then just wait for CCP to process

Petitions take time, this has always been the case.

Go play outside or something in the meantime

1 Like

Heh, I made a new account, plexed it by doing the event and am having fun doing faction warfare. Almost have enough for a second month of omega. Sadly sitting in plexes and running away when anyone comes while reading or watching films is even more bot like than my previous aggressive trading.

That is a very condescending statement Dom