20220225 - Connection Issues (UK)

Disconnecting is back.

yeah, im on my third disconnect within the last 60 seconds, as soon as i undock.

DC’s are going nuts now

aye aye

Disconnected - stayed up for 3 hours

Also experincing the same issues as everyone else with virginmedia, same problematic route.

6    27 ms    31 ms    30 ms  m674-mp2.cvx1-b.lis.dial.ntli.net [62.254.42.162]
  7    24 ms    22 ms    24 ms  213.46.182.162
  8    32 ms    22 ms    25 ms  adm-bb3-link.ip.twelve99.net [62.115.136.194]
  9    21 ms    27 ms    29 ms  adm-b10-link.ip.twelve99.net [62.115.120.227]
 10     *        *       26 ms  cloudflare-ic342028-adm-b10.ip.twelve99-cust.net [62.115.172.231]
 11    63 ms    36 ms    36 ms  172.65.201.188
1 Like

i wouldn’t expect Virgin media to reply any time soon, their customer service is crap

Same issues here…Ticket submitted.
Not the way I wanted to start as a new customer to Virgin… shoulda listened to the voices in my Pod

1 Like

So question for the UK guys, as I am a VM customer too. Have any of you found a worked around this issue with vpn or some thing??

Yeah I used a VPN with a UK server and that completely solved the disconnects for me.

1 Like

Care to Share which VPN, or which ever solution you are using, so we can sort this out too??

GM Week and Friendship Week type events are mostly going to be EUTZ, ofc, us Americans and you Aussies are pretty used to that by now, but… yeah, I see they’ve added a bit of USTZ but no AUTZ. That’s not cool. ;_;

That said, when it comes to connection issues, AU and US are also gonna have issues with giant oceans in the way. So they’re pretty run-of-the-mill, they happen to many of us every week. This UK connection issue is getting extra attention because UK peops should have EZ connections to the London servers, obviously. Something’s majorly out of whack if they’re having issues and being routed into continental Europe rather than connecting directly, methinks.

+1 on this problem. It’s driving me crazy! 40 disconnects plus a day at the moment!

Submitting a ticket now.

I will setup a ping monitor to each of the IP’s on the list of hops and check out any drops the next time I play the game. It should hopefully indicate where things are going wrong although at this point, I suspect the Cloudflare interconnect could be to blame.

I was using NordVPN, I imagine most VPNs should work fine though, maybe you can use one with a free trial.

I can’t help but feel there is more to this issue than just the traceroute. That is the traceroute we are all getting when Eve is working, and we can stay connected using that for sometimes hours at a time.
Surely something has to be happening that causes us all to get kicked off at the same time?

That indeed shows that your local home network is not the issue and also that from Cloudflare* to Tranquility then there are no issues either. So the issue is somewhere in Virgin Media’s network, in between your home and Cloudflare. If you are in the UK and VPN-ing to another place in the UK, you are simply redirecting the traffic slightly to bypass whatever fault or issue there is. I’m very confident that senior network administrators at Virgin Media will be able to resolve this, the issue at hand is simply getting their attention.

*Tranquility is fronted by Cloudflare; your connection to TQ should normally go directly to the nearest Cloudflare colo (there are 3 of them in the UK, 250 worldwide) and is then carried on Cloudflare’s backbone to the datacenter in London where TQ is.

Same problems as everybody else.
VM need to take this seriously, otherwise they WILL lose every UK based EVE Online player as a paying customer.

1 Like

The logs show something :open_mouth:

2 Likes

via a VPN using a UK London server , logged in for 7 hours now
so yes logic would suggest its Virgin media’s fault

1 Like

I don’t want to use the word “blame”, but Virgin Media’s senior network admins are the prime position to diagnose and fix this issue, which looks like some sort of a peering issue of some kind with Cloudflare.