20220819 - Verbindungsprobleme (Deutschland) / Connection Issues (Germany)

Thank you very much for your work on this. What do you think, what are the chances that it will get fixed? Are you in Contact with Deutsche Telekom?

We are in contact with Deutsche Telekom about this issue. Based on the symptoms observed and previous incidents like this, then this will get fixed; but it’s impossible to tell what the timeline could be.

3 Likes

Hello CCP Explorer,

I have updated the ticket to include the network diagnostic logs.

Ticket Updated with new logs (With Proton, Cloudflare and no VPN)

So far for me:

Proton VPN Yesterday AAA+, Today A (would have said B+, but i use it for free so could be the reason today)
-Not a single DC for me yet in a few hours of playing, today felt a bit laggy partially, but playable and still no DC.

Cloudflare Warp/VPN: F- DC every few minutes… even get kicked out of discord, spotify and Browsing while it is turned on a couple of times per minute sometimes…

Without any VPN: 15 Minutes not a single DC on 15 accounts, between 15-30 minutes 3 DCs… way better than the weeks before. - but didnt play without vpn couse i dont trust it yet, could be a coincident…

The graph is still not good:

:frowning: well i was just hopefull ;3
so guess i just had a lucky day than… lets hope it get figured out soon. did see the DTAG Forum thread got closed and marked as solved.

Ingo there wrote, they asked and they got told, there was already Information Exchange between DETAG and Eve to research and solve the problem.
There isnt a timeframe set for it and no further technical details, but the Topic is known and in progress. Couse of that the Topic got marked as solved so other ppl can see, the topic is set on the right place… or the issue reached the right places…

-translation by me, free interpretation and with low english skills :stuck_out_tongue:

so till than, cross finger its solved fast from now on… and be extra carefull flying abyss…

https://telekomhilft.telekom.de/t5/Telefonie-Internet/BGP-Flaps-Long-lived-TCP-Connections/td-p/5814336/page/15#answers

Telekom forums statement:
“They checked everything on their side and its out of their hands and not a Telekom issue and needs to be cleared up between CCP and Cloudflare.”

well, lets see.
In the end no one wants to be fault, as always :stuck_out_tongue:
without vpn it still dosnt work for me… with cloudflare vpn it wont work…
but proton ist still fine
(as long the free vpn server arent on their limit, but i wont pay another 10$ just for playing eve so i stay with free and cross my fingers).
so… i say my fork is pointing to cloudflare and my torch to detag :stuck_out_tongue: just in case

But just for the Topic: played the last day without any issues with proton for hours… and got confident enought doing some abyss… (but not confident enought to do the good ones… just up to t4… couse those i can survive even with a short dc- just in case)

Our internal network partner, Advania, now has senior people working on this with our external network partner, Cloudflare, and DTAG. We are hoping to be able to provide Cloudflare and DTAG with more data to help them narrow down the issue.

EDIT #1: DTAG in their latest reply indicated they would escalate this issue.

EDIT #2: We are not excluding the network path between Cloudflare and CCP, but if there were issues there then we would expect to see more ISPs being affected; so for the moment that is on the sidelines. Current we are focusing on DTAG’s network and the immediate upstream network (Level3) to Cloudflare’s colos in Germany.

EDIT #3: At the end of today then this issue was escalated to DTAG’s network peering team.

1 Like

Deutsche Telekom is now asking for more details; they need the exact timestamps of disconnect events to match up against their logs:

When you have a disconnect, please send us a support ticket with the following information:

• Confirmation that your ISP is Deutsche Telekom
  • Your geographical location
  • Your IP address
  • The timestamp of the disconnect event (date and time as exact as you possibly can; in UTC timezone, EVE Time)
  • The traceroute to TQ: tracert tranquility.servers.eveonline.com in a CMD window
  • The Cloudflare colo info: https://eveonline.com/cdn-cgi/trace in a browser

If you are up for it, please look at this post about running a traceroute continuously, but then please don’t send us the entire output but rather at most three runs (before, during, and after disconnect).

1 Like

It is definitely DT. My disconnects started getting a lot worse last night (it used to be instability when I fire up but then rock stable for hours, now I get more stability after a while but DCs come back randomly).
Using VPN to london or Amsterdam immediately fixed it.

I’ll try to get the logs and and create a new ticket (my old one is expired IIRC).

Edit: Submitted ticket #1912012, hope it helps.

2 Likes

i can agree with that, but for me, since today’s downtime it’s super unstable.
before i had disconnects, but just in the first 1-5, sometimes max 10 minutes. it was rocksolid stable after the first 10 minutes.
now i get disconnected randomly, no matter how long the client runs, even if it’s still more often in the first minutes.

1 Like

Yea that’s my exact experience since last night (CEST). AFAIK nothing has changed on my end so it must be DT.

I created a ticket now and it is unblayable since DT recognized that something is going on. There should be a root cause analysis to fix that issue soon otherwise as a DT ISP customer i cant play EVE in thhe way its meant to be played and unsub my 6 Acc. I remember same issue 2018 or 2019. Dont know if i loose a ship because of that issue if i get reimbursement from CCP. I am a customer of CCP and DT and all other internet related stuff works fine like Netflix Amazon Online Banking etc, Expect EVE Online.

A bit late and its like always “its not on our side, yes but it is also not on our side” All partys should take responsibility to solve this issue for their customers.

1 Like

The Telekom closed the linked Forum thread because they checked everything and cant find a problem. They say its CCPs turn to check in with Cloudflare and make sure everything’s running as it should.
Meanwhile we players sit here unable to play without risking ships, paying for a game we cant really play. If this issue isn’t resolved or addressed soon ill cancel all my 4 accounts as I don’t see a point in paying for a service I’m not getting.

And if its not CCP or Cloudflare, how about CCP as a company tries to talk to the Telekom, as nobody on any site seems to take consumers seriously…

Telekom escalated it on their side and also posted it on the forums. So we can hope they unf*** themselfs and fix their sh***y double paid traffic garbage routing

Using wireguard based VPN to London solved all of my problems, the clients even stayed up despite the daily connection reset by my ISP. Pretty amazing to be honest.

My experience (with WG only) is that it reconnects so fast that even if you drop connection/switch routing it still somehow manages to keep the same session alive.

Sad thing is that I have to do it but honestly the two decent ISPs here are ■■■■ and the other option has even worse customer support. :confused:

1 Like

Hi,

I don´t understand much of this IT. So my questions are Simple:

1. The Game was working in the past, so who has changed thinks ?
  2. a time line ? The problem will be fixed in next … days, weeks, ?

I pay my provider and I pay the game and now I can´t get a stright answer ???
CCP please tell us when will the problem be solved ?

Well, VPN is great for fixing EVE problems but it’s not great when all the rest of the traffic also gets tunnelled. Is there a IP range we can add to VPN client to only tunnel EVE or is all of that dynamic? Has to be IPs as WG doesn’t do domains.
My exit is in London if that helps.