30-31/01/2020 - Connectivity Issues

I imagine they are. But it still does not do anything to dilute the fact that they are keeping mum.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder and the assumptionā€¦Iā€™d have never made the leapā€¦? All Iā€™m saying is a rumor or two swirling around is no guarantee of what the actual situation isā€¦

when you trying to find the problem in the code or the physical system you tend to concentrate on that more yup

Just got booted again and this time I canā€™t relog. Chat still borked for more than 24 hours. This really is unacceptable regardless of where the fault lies. Perhaps it would be better to take the server offline rather than let us log in and get disconnected and lose ships and isk.

I have not been able to log in for past two days. Verified shared cache, refreshed client. Closed and re opened launcher and now I am able to log in. Corp chat is empty local is full but its a start.

1 Like

we were going to have steak for dinner for the first time ever but we didnā€™t do all our choresā€¦so its just broccoli from here on out for the rest of our lives!!!

Yeah me to. It cost one hundred American to sub for a year. I donā€™t think so. And its not the lack of play time thatā€™s upsetting. If they would just come clean about whats going on. They are not talking and that makes me wonder. And yeah, paying customers deserve more than just some canned answers. Reminds me of US politics at this point.

Thanks very much, this worked for me also. Until I did the ā€˜fail/connectā€™ thing I hadnā€™t gotten a single connection to work.

Great, canā€™t even login now to save my toon.

I was having log-in problems after activating the Launcher, getting that old log-in screen with the connect button and a pop-up message saying ā€˜couldnā€™t connectā€™. So I opened the ā€˜Shared Cacheā€™ menu in the Launcher and ā€˜Verifiedā€™ the integrity of all downloaded files, it purged somewhere around 1500 extra files, I then closed the launcher and reopened it and now have no problems logging into the game.

EDIT:

That was before Downtime, I just logged in and the same old log-in screen showed up with the same pop-up message, I just closed it and reactivated the launcher, no problem logging in this time.

Now about the chat issue, during Downtime I googled how to open a port in Win 10, I followed the directions and now in-game chat is working.

Hell, now the thing even fails to even go to the log in page. Grrrrrr. I have no idea what to do. Many are clearing chaches or what not, and I am lost in the sauce.

I also vote for taking the servers down (stop all progress of time in game).

Edit: Uh sorry this was not meant as reply to @DeMichael_Crimson

1 Like

The fail/connect is how I have been connecting no issues for the last week. In previous times the pressing of the connect button never worked but it seems to be the case now and I always do this just in case. If you have a fail in that first connection always get rid of the dialogue box and then click connect, every single time it has worked for me since this DDOS attack started.

1 Like

You know that firewall you turned off just MIGHT be protecting your computer from a threat right?

Yea, agreed. Player assets are vulnerable, and people canā€™t even rally legit efforts to defend them with this crap going on.

boy that was a close call warped to station and 5 Damaviks where a waiting wowsers close one

I didnā€™t turn off my firewall, just opened the specific port that CCP requested.

Well man, if your system thought something bad was trying to get in, did you just let it in? Just curious.

And this why CCP should communicate, dispell the misinformation doing the rounds

1 Like

Yeah I agree, and its the lack of communication that leads me to believe that the leadership packed it in and left the underlings to handle things.

1 Like