30-31/01/2020 - Connectivity Issues

Dear Pilots,

We are actively investigating individual reports from players having problems with staying connected or experiencing lag in EVE Online. I can assure you that our team is putting all the effort into resolving any outstanding connectivity issues with EVE Online as quickly as possible so that everyone can be back at doing what they enjoy the most in New Eden.

Thank you for your understanding and patience while we are looking into this. I will use this thread together with @EVE_Status to keep you in the loop.

o7

UPDATES:

30/01 @ 16:51 UTC
We are still receiving reports about being unable to log in to EVE Online, so the matter is not completely fixed. The investigation is on-going and teams continue to work on the reported problems to the best of their abilities.

30/01 @ 22:30 UTC
It is totally understandable that this can be frustrating, but please keep the conversation civil in the thread. I assure you that we are tirelessly working behind the scenes on improving the situation, and your reports, comments and feedback is being taken into account at all times.

31/01 @ 01:30 UTC
We are putting all the effort to resolve the current login issues preventing players from logging in to EVE. Thank you for your patience on this matter.

31/01 @ 02:30 UTC
We are seeing an increased number of successful logins, but the issues are still preventing many players from getting in. We continue working on improving the situation for those affected.

31/01 @ 14:45 UTC
Chat should have been restored for most players however there may still be instances of people unable to use chat properly. Our engineers continue to work with our partners to restore services.

26 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Help us, save us, Floop is a madman!

1 Like

Looks like the DDOS protection service is not behaving/routing correctly:

Tracing route to tranquility.servers.eveonline.com [87.237.34.200]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     1 ms    <1 ms  BTHUB5 [192.168.0.1]
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4    11 ms    11 ms    10 ms  31.55.187.184
  5    10 ms    12 ms    10 ms  host213-121-192-96.ukcore.bt.net [213.121.192.96]
  6    11 ms    11 ms    11 ms  peer1-et-7-0-5.interxion.ukcore.bt.net [62.172.103.130]
  7    10 ms    11 ms    11 ms  109.159.253.241
  8    11 ms    12 ms    12 ms  siteprotect.security.neustar [68.142.82.33]
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

So the DDoS protection service needs to protect the EVE servers by not allowing whole regions of players to connect to the EVE servers.

:thinking:

GGWP

6 Likes

OK, took a break, switched everything off and on again and still can not log in. :frowning:

Sooner would be better than later. This game has been unplayable for the last three days. I tend to stop spending money on things that don’t work.

13 Likes

Why is it that people still think that mentioning this affects how things are addressed?

That being said, I’ll gladly secure the assets of anyone that wants to stop playing over something like this.

4 Likes

Because businesses like to make money.

I am not going to quit. I like the game and have a lot invested in it, but I will stop paying them money until it is fixed. Is that a difficult concept for you to understand?

Which conversation is more likely to have been had at CCP the last few days?

“We need to get this fixed because I am worried that Teloris Aldercain is missing out on the sense of accomplishment he gets from his success in our video game.”

Or

“We need to get this fixed, it is costing us a ton of money.”

19 Likes

Ok i see ist not my fault . I cant log in. Please i have free time to Play :wink:

1 Like

thankyou…i am starting to sweat…i need to goto to new eden as soon as possible :slight_smile:

So what’s the plan on Omega reimbursement?

This is day 3 or 4 of absolute ■■■■ game performance and inability to login, undock, switch ships, jump systems, or switch skill training 95% of the time. I can’t even log out if in the off chance I manage to get in… I have to ctrl + alt + delete and force the program closed.

Edit: I’m playing from Baltimore, Maryland USA. From what i’m hearing only some areas of the world are still being affected.

7 Likes

Still cant log in …any news ?

I haven’t been able to play the game for days. But I paid for 30 days. What’s the plan to reimburse me for the days I haven’t been able to play?

2 Likes

They keep tweeting that its fixed. And yet it’s not. I’m getting into the game, but about ten minutes in everything lags hard and then I’m disconnected. Just happened no more than 5 minutes ago, even though “it’s fixed”.
I understand that games have problems from time to time, and I’ve held my judgement. But the fact that this is starting to creep up on a week is really getting out of hand.

Do a support ticket to get their attention

i have exactly same situation. submited ticket to support

no way its fixed, still cant even log in

Traceroute relies on equipment along the path to respond to ICMP requests and not everything does.

Try doing a traceroute to microsoft.com and see how it looks similar, going 30 hops with a lot of requests timing out.

It’s not because they are having exactly the same problem, just a matter of how stuff along the path is configured.

1 Like

I still cant login - so i would say that nothing is fixed !