30-31/01/2020 - Connectivity Issues

We’ve all been through this before with games and even websites, however that is not defending CCP in any way. This really is getting to border line ludicrous by now. I’m not saying I’m going to rage quit at this point, but with significant numbers of players getting tossed out of the loop for extended periods of time, and lackluster responses from the devs, I am considering options, as I’m sure a lot of players are at this point. We as consumers have other options, while not the same, that happen to be more reliable in the long term. Perhaps it’s time for CCP to wake up to this fact, and start getting their stuff together for more long haul reliability concerns around coding and infrastructure to attain sustainability and server reliability/security.

4 Likes

i just came back and already feel like leaving again, and no you cant have my stuff

6 Likes

Intermediate non-responses (timeouts) are to be expected. It’s the traceroute not terminating ie getting to the server at all which is unexpected.

@CCP_Dopamine

can we get another Sit Rep on the current logging in problems and if it will be sorted by the evening or are we looking at next sever downtime for a repair of some sort ?

No connection to the game - please help

We are still receiving reports about being unable to log in to EVE Online, so the matter is not completely fixed. The investigation is on-going and teams continue to work on the reported problems to the best of their abilities.

2 Likes

Anyone else with login problems is from germany ?

Sorry for my bad english - my german is better :slight_smile:

The login problems seem to be spread over quite a wide geography and I have been unable to log in for the last 4hrs personally.

cant login, I am UK and just getting flat establish connection to server and then connection failed :frowning:

This is becoming a real pain if being honest!

I can log in one account at a time ( usually my jita alt ) and it takes 30+ seconds to click on an item on the market , have it load , and then to update the buy/sell order.

If I try to log in a second account it won’t connect. So my ip is pretty obviously being throttled .

I live in Michigan in the United states if that helps at all.

It also seems that a VPN solves all of my issues but I’m not going to pay another subscription fee to play eve :thinking:

2 Likes

Could not connect to the specified address. Odds are that you have not established an internet connection, the server isn’t running, or the server address or port number was wrong.
:confused:

It’s not just EVE that’s affected, it’s quite widespread so that means that it’s mostly out of CCP’s hands. It sucks but just relax, go do something else and please stop the entitled whining.

4 Likes

CCP What is the Real Problem ???

The DDoS Attacks are causing the Connection Problems.
A problem with the Protection System against DDoS Attacks…
A problem with the Submarine Fiber-Optic-Cable…
A problem with the Network between USA and London…
A problem with CCP Servers…

Tell Us CCP.

This is the thread for people having connection problems. The thread for people with nothing better to do than whine about how whiny other people are is somewhere else.

6 Likes

What is turn around time on ship/implant compensation requests?

“Could not connect to the specified address. Odds are that you have not established an internet connection, the server isn’t running, or the server address or port number was wrong.”

United States, California

There is a difference between stating you have an issue and “WAAAAAH THE WORLD IS ENDING. WHERE IS MY COMPENSATION!!!” coupled with other terribleness.

4 Likes

Essentially. Sorry and sorry…but if we fail to pay we loss the status in the account. Can we skip a payment and say " I’M sorry…" and still receive the same service?

7 Likes

And yet you are reading these threads anyway.

1 Like

As has been repeatedly stated by people for 2 days now since the problem was first realised yes.

It does work but you can’t connect. Please put the contract of all your stuff to “FairyTail Omaristos” ingame before leaving though thanks.

Grow up. It is not EVE, it is you not being able to connect.

Try actually SCROLLING UP and reading the other thread where it is explained.

Hell no.

Because it is. The problems you have are with the affiliate in the US.

2 Likes